t-roy 16-Sep-21
BOHNTR 16-Sep-21
yeager 19-Sep-21
16-Sep-21

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Joint Measuring Manual
Joint Measuring Manual
For the first time ever B&C and P&Y Clubs have published a joint Measuring manual. The book describes in detail all measuring techniques, geographic boundary’s (mapped by OnX) and includes score sheets for all North American animals.

For those interested in measuring techniques and history it’s a great buy at either the P&Y or B&C websites.

16-Sep-21

Here’s an example of the geographic mapping done by OnX to determine borders for specie qualification.

16-Sep-21

Techniques
Techniques
Here’s an example of the techniques for measuring with actual drawings.

This is the beast ever measurers manual and I highly recommend it for those who love antlers, horns and skulls.

16-Sep-21
Cool I'll check it out. But a question if 1st time ever how is it the fifth edition?

16-Sep-21
John McCain

The name on the book is the name Boone and Crocket used on their book. The last book they put out was the fourth edition

This EDITION is the 5th and PY is now included.

Good idea on both clubs efforts. Share some costs Which is good thing

16-Sep-21
It was a long process that took a lot of man hours from both committees. My only regret is our former Director of Records, Eli Randall, wasn’t able to see the finished product. I believe he would have liked it.

16-Sep-21
Have to get that book. Glad the 2 organizations got together on it. Good time to ask a question on pronghorn with the right people on this thread. Will P&Y and B&C ever decide to score pronghorn the same? I arrowed a pronghorn this year where the high prong is in the way of the 3rd mass measurement. Over 3 inches of difference in the score by moving that mass measurement from above the prong to below the prong! I think 2 above & 2 below is a better way but I'd like to see pronghorn scored the same by both P&Y and B&C.

16-Sep-21
Pope and Young will continue to require H1 and H2 be taken below the prong and H3 and H4 above. We haven't quite talked B&C into that......yet. :)

16-Sep-21
Thanks for that....Be nice if the 2 systems were the same. B&C probably will keep it as is so some pronghorn will have 2 different scores.

16-Sep-21
Is that only difference in scoring on all the different species, between P&Y and B&C?

16-Sep-21
Other than accepting velvet entries, that’s really the main difference in scoring procedure.

19-Sep-21
Can’t wait to get my copy. Could not pick it up in Reno at the Measurer’s meeting as my wife and I were hunting in South Africa.

• Sitka Gear