Woods Walker 05-Oct-21
Will 05-Oct-21
Rut Nut 05-Oct-21
krieger 05-Oct-21
23-Sep-21

BTM's Link
"See? No one needs a gun to protect himself!" - Joseph Biden

23-Sep-21
Hell yeah! Wonder if he was using a Rage?

23-Sep-21
I guess you don't F with that kid, learned by the perp.

23-Sep-21
I have kill a lot of critters but never one of the human kind. I can not imagine what was going through the kids mind at that time to protect his dad and himself. Paul

23-Sep-21
Rage in the cage. Incoming self defense broad heads and tactical archery influencers.

All seriousness though, that's hardcore. I cannot comprehend the emotions that kid must be dealing with.

23-Sep-21
MOFO got some FOC

I only feel sorry for the young man.

23-Sep-21
Does anyone know how far the tracking job was? Was the body recovered the same day or did the police recover it the next day? Good aim.

23-Sep-21
I'm thinking of the scene from "Deliverance".

23-Sep-21
Full pass through?

All jokes aside yes the poor kid will probably deal with that the rest of his life.

23-Sep-21
My bad in the thread title; I should have said "alleged" thief. Please don't call the PC police on me!

23-Sep-21
The criminal got what he deserved.

I do feel bad for the kid, though. Glad that he made a good shot but a lot of tough things to have to process now. That is a horrible decision that he had to make and the additional legal fallout will be very difficult.

23-Sep-21
Thats messed up. All lives changed on that deal

23-Sep-21
Well.....the kid allegedly warned the subject and the subject didn't listen.

23-Sep-21
"Well.....the kid allegedly warned the subject and the subject didn't listen." No kidding, JL. Reminds me of several sayings: "Stupid oughta hurt" and "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." Not to mention comments about the 2021 Darwin Awards.

23-Sep-21
Have no sympathy for a thief but that's a tragedy for the kid.

23-Sep-21
I'm glad the kid made a good shot. I hope it doesn't scar him for life.

Matt

23-Sep-21
Last words heard by the (alleged) thief: "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire one shot or only zero? Well, seeing as how this is a Hoyt Vertix..."

23-Sep-21
That’s gonna be a wicked mount!

23-Sep-21
Regardless of the circumstances, I feel sorry for the young man. I wish him “peace” on his journey through life.

23-Sep-21
Damn! I really hope the kid is one of the rare individuals who’s not impacted by this sort of thing. Seems like he did the righteous thing and hopefully it doesn’t leave a lifelong scar.

24-Sep-21
if the kid is not impacted by shooting someone he is a threat to society. I am sure it will have a lasting impact on the young man whether justified or not. Just hope it does not cause future problems for him, but to simply not be impacted by the act would take a scary kind of mind.

24-Sep-21
No mention of the kid or the dad calling the police 1st. I hope they go lenient on the kid but if an adult had done that they'd be charged with some degree of homicide.

24-Sep-21
BOU: he is not a threat, just an unfortunate event and with a good family will be fine.

24-Sep-21
Incomplete article. No mention of basic information required. Bow manufacturer and if recurve, longbow or compound? Arrow manufacturer? Shot placement? Poundage of bow? Broadhead used & if single bevel? Pass through shot? Blood trail? Distance traveled before he dropped? All pertinate information necessary for a well written bow kill story! Preceeding BS aside, feel sorry for young man's experience. Much less concern for "alledged" thief.

25-Sep-21
"if the kid is not impacted by shooting someone he is a threat to society."

Yeah, because the thief/methhead/criminal probably isn't a threat to society, but the kid defending himself is...

25-Sep-21
Can't comprehend, just cant imagine ANYBODY shooting a person with an arrow.... Gives me the willies, just horrible for all involved....

26-Sep-21
Previous thefts and there's still a wood splitter and lawn tractor on the property... sound like the kid's guilty of baiting. Even Meth heads have to be "harvested" ethically!

26-Sep-21
‘Bou got no clue!

26-Sep-21
Like others have stated, I feel terrible for the kid to have to deal with that for the rest of his life, even if it was totally justified. No sympathy for the perp, however.

26-Sep-21
Bou that’s a BOLD statement you make… don’t judge my friend until you been there

26-Sep-21
Poor kid. Not the bloody arrow he wanted that day.

Yes, he could have moved on and let something get stolen. “Evil triumphs when good people do nothing.”

26-Sep-21
I hate it for the kid. It will impact his life Im sure but Id rather see the innocent survive vs the perp

26-Sep-21
Be easy on Bou'bound,,, I actually tend to agree with him... Can you imagine the blood squirting, spraying and the screaming, would have been a horrible death... Unless a evil crazed monster serial killer, nobody deserves a death like that,,, especially over a freakn lawnmower and log splitter... This ain't the medieval ages...

So, so, sad, that kid will never be the same and depending on the jury, may serve time... He did not have the right to be judge, jury and executioner, and when his jury sees the bloody photos and how the man died, lets hope his jury is more lineated on him than he was the thief... His only hope is self defense, but in deadly self defense you have to be in fear for your life...

I lost a friend by another friend with an arrow from a tragic bowhunting accident years ago, and it still haunts me to this day 35 years later...

27-Sep-21
Zbone, did you even read the article? The boy IS claiming self defense. He is claiming he was in fear for his life. At that point it is not about a "freakn lawn mower and log splitter" its about a 40 year old man rushing a boy who warned him to stop.

Doesn't matter if the man was armed or not, disparity of force is all that is needed to justify being in fear for your life.

"He did not have the right to be judge, jury and executioner" But he does have every right to defend himself, with deadly force if needed.

"Can you imagine the blood squirting, spraying and the screaming, would have been a horrible death... Unless a evil crazed monster serial killer, nobody deserves a death l like that" Wow, first of all its not about "deserves" its about stopping an attack. The man is responsible for his own actions. The kid used the tools at hand, would it be any different if he had used a gun? would there be less blood? less screaming from a dying man?

If you think using a hunting bow and arrow to defend your life is a more horrible way to die than say using a rifle, how do you justify using such a gruesome instrument of death to kill a deer? Your a freakn poster boy for the anti hunters. I know a deer is not a man, but think about what you said and the emotion you implied, does a deer deserve to die like that? We as hunters try to make clean kills, doesn't always work out that way, but maybe you should re-think your choice of weapon if you really feel an arrow is that barbaric.

A man is dead yes, and the investigation will determine if the boy was justified or not, the manner of his death has no bearing on that.

How this kid is affected by this we will never know, but it is wrong to expect him to be affected in a certain way, he may need professional help, but if he feels he did what he had to do and is not bothered by it, that doesn't make him a monster either.

27-Sep-21
If the story is as described by the witnesses, he killed an attacker. Pretty heavy stuff. We don't know the age of the shooter. 12 could be very different than 17. You can enlist in the military at 17.

27-Sep-21
"12 could be very different than 17. You can enlist in the military at 17."

Yeah, I agree with Glunt the kid's age will determine a lot if he is prosecuted, but LFN, if he was bowhunting alone to a treestand, likely would have to be older closer to 17 than 12.... Could he have been responsible enough to drive a car to the property at age 16??? As mentioned above, was the law called before there was a so called threat, was the thief being baited??? A lot going on there... How big was the kid (size wise), how big was the thief, did he approach in a threatening posture, etc, etc... There's a lot to unfold and up to prosecutors to investigate and or pursue... If the kid is lucky enough for it to be considered a justifiable "bow" killing, he'll still likely end up in civil court by the perps family... Just saying... As said above, this was a terrible, terrible incident, and likely could have been prevented had the kid just took pictures and/or video called his dad and the law before confronting the thief... If the kid called his dad, am sure his cell phone had a camera... This incident could have been prevented...

"Your a freakn poster boy for the anti hunters." Not hardly, far from it, don't be ridiculous, but I do have compassion for fellow man...

"If you think using a hunting bow and arrow to defend your life is a more horrible way to die than say using a rifle, how do you justify using such a gruesome instrument of death to kill a deer? "

We kill animals all sorts of ways for food and clothing, from slaughter houses to guns and arrows, but we don't kill human beings... Especially with an arrow… High velocity bullets help kill by shock, arrows kill by hemergening... Won't go into details, but my friend shot by an arrow did not die pleasantly... As said, I still think about it, especially this time of year...

04-Oct-21
This kid goes to school with my kids.He was on his way to his tree stand when he saw the guy stealing stuff out of the barn. He called his dad who was on his way there to pick the kid up. The guy saw the kid and realized he was caught and charged after him threatening him . The guy he shot has a very long criminal record, and is no stranger to law enforcement. The kid in question was justified. It was a snap shot as he was charging towards the kid . Hit him in the hip . Cut The Artery , bleed out real quick. Strung out crackhead. The only one going to miss him is his mama.

04-Oct-21
Still gonna be tough on that kid. Hate that he has to go thru all the BS about it now.

The dirtbag got what he deserved. And consider him a total asshole for what he’s putting that kid through for his bad actions.

05-Oct-21
X2 Tree. I pray that his parent's support and guidance will see him through this.

05-Oct-21
Man, that sucks. A human died, and a KID... a CHILD... gets to live life having killed someone. The perp could have been a total dirt bag, but it blows that a kid gets to have to figure out how to handle that experience.

(Yes if the perpetrator wasn't there he doesnt get shot... But killing someone would mess up anyone, a kid, moreso)

05-Oct-21
No kid should have to go thru that! The perp probably figured the kid didn’t have the guts to shoot him. Luckily the kid DID! Now I hope he has the ability to cope with his decision................however justified!

05-Oct-21
A good outcome IMO, Self defense is self defense, doesn't matter whether you use a stick, arrow or a bullet.

I'm left wondering is some people on here would even protect their own family , if push came to shove. Sheesh..

• Sitka Gear