HDE 07-Oct-21
Grey Ghost 07-Oct-21
Rut Nut 07-Oct-21
Elite 1 07-Oct-21
Elite 1 07-Oct-21
WV Mountaineer 07-Oct-21
txhunter58 10-Oct-21
28-Sep-21
I know many of folks have had tree stands and game cams stolen. But over the weekend someone stole my target butt right out of my back yard. I shoot right behind my house, but you can see the butt from the road. It was a brand new bigshot like the one in the picture. In all my years I've only (hunting wise) had one game cam stoled. Right next to it was two 3d targets and a old climbing tree stand. Only thing they took was my butt. I have a bunch of stands and cams out, this was the last thing I thought would get stolen.

So now should I replace it with a bigshot or a bulldog? Anyone got any experience with both of these brands?? It was kinda nice being able to pull arrows out with just 2 fingers.

28-Sep-21
theyll probably be back

28-Sep-21
I cant stand a thief

28-Sep-21
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it happened.

28-Sep-21
I hate thieves. I am sorry that you got ripped off. That sucks.

I will, however, laugh tonight when I mention to my wife that I checked Bowsite during my lunch and saw a post where a guy complained about someone sneaking around and grabbing his butt.

28-Sep-21
i like the bulldog. put a trail camera out there

28-Sep-21
Ok I'm this old,,, I may put a trail cam up and my Baker tree stand out, But I'm afraid I'll get sued when he falls. Saying I set a trap for him!!!! :)

28-Sep-21
Sorry to here that Teeton. I can relate, My buddy and I just returned from a two week successful elk hunt in Wyoming. The day we packed up camp my buddy was going to back up his truck to hook up to his utility trailer, and noticed that someone had stolen his hitch. We ended up having to drive 45 minutes to the nearest town. We were lucky to be able to buy one. Then had to drive 45 minutes back to camp. Added roughly two hours to our drive home....Who does that!!

28-Sep-21
Buy a cheap one, cut in half, insert a can of tennantite and glue halves back to gather. Let them shoot that. Just kiding. :)

28-Sep-21
Sorry to hear of the thievery, that sucks.

Thieves and liars are human garbage in my opinion.

28-Sep-21
Buy a Bulldog. Best target I have ever ever bought. Lifetime warranty. I have peppered that thing and it’s awesome.

28-Sep-21
Be thankful you don't live in Illinois....our Governor got rid of cash bail for crooks! So even if you do catch them, so what?

28-Sep-21

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Photo didnt post here in the first post. Heres the photo I wanted to post.

Orionsbrother,, I can assure you I had the nicest butt in the neighborhood.

30-Sep-21
The worse thing I had stolen was my Polaris ATV that was parked in my back yard next to my Newmar camper. However, the insurance company paid me right away and gave me $200 more than the dealer said it was worth. I bought a Gator and have trail cameras watching it 24/7.

05-Oct-21
choot em!

05-Oct-21
Sounds like you have it figured out based on the OP, put a trail camera on your target to see if they return.

05-Oct-21
It's so infuriating to be stolen from. Once it happens to you, you understand why many ancient civilizations made chopping off the hand the punishment for stealing. It's a heavy-handed punishment, but I don't know about you, but when I get stolen from, it stirs up something carnal in me that makes me think of things like chopping off hands...

06-Oct-21
Teeton,I feel your pain as I have had a m/cycle trailer stolen from my front yard, two nearly new mountain bikes from my garage a different time, guns stolen from my homes three different times, and the whole top end of my Corvette engine including heads stolen while I slept. This has been over a course of many years but still bugs me. Badbull

07-Oct-21
Geez badbull, maybe it's time to move to a new neighborhood?

07-Oct-21
Shoot 'em. It helps them to build character...

07-Oct-21
When I was around 12 years old, we lived in a suburb of Denver at the corner of 2 busy streets. On the night before we were scheduled to take our annual hunting trip, my father had his beloved Willys Jeep hitched up to the back of our RV and parked on the street in front of our house. We awoke the next morning to find that some low-life scums had unhitched the Jeep and towed it away. I don't recall ever seeing my Father so upset. It was my first experience with thieves, and it made a life-long impression on me.

Like Ike said, losing a hand for stealing seems like a reasonable punishment to me.

Matt

07-Oct-21
I was thinking the same thing Surfbow!

I never had an issue but my Father-in-law had his Cabin robbed. His nephew was a State Trooper and would stay there between shifts sometimes instead of driving home. One day he got off work and went to the cabin and found it had been robbed................went back to the barracks to do the paperwork and when he got back to the cabin they had come back for a second load. (And had left) They ended up catching the idiots a couple weeks latervwhen they bragged they had ripped off a cop!

07-Oct-21
My neighbor moved to town his house it’s empty now. Last week someone tried to steal his boat it was in the garage he bolted the garage door to the floor. So they cut a hole in the garage door pulled the tongue out hooked it to their truck and tried to pull it through the door. Complete idiots.

07-Oct-21
My neighbor moved to town his house it’s empty now. Last week someone tried to steal his boat it was in the garage he bolted the garage door to the floor. So they cut a hole in the garage door pulled the tongue out hooked it to their truck and tried to pull it through the door. Complete idiots.

07-Oct-21
Somebody kicked in the door to my hunting cabin last year. They took a marlin 60, an antelope mount, sone deer horns, and a variety of ammo. I hope I never find out who did it.

10-Oct-21
Good thread

• Sitka Gear