Catscratch 14-Oct-21
Rossi 14-Oct-21
4nolz@work 14-Oct-21
BOWNUT 14-Oct-21
Catscratch 14-Oct-21
TD 15-Oct-21
Ambush 15-Oct-21
13-Oct-21
A couple of weeks ago I bought a pack of Nap Killzone mechanicals. During my first practice session I noticed that one of the nuts that holds the broadheads together (the sliding bolt) was really loose. I checked the other 2 heads and both had already lost their nuts. I'm having a difficult time finding replacements. I'm thinking of running to a hardware store to see if they have a nut with the correct threads, but I know they won't have one that's flanged on one side and rounded on the other.

Suggestions?

13-Oct-21
I would contact NAP. I'm sure they'll send you replacements for free.

14-Oct-21
I've sent NAP an email explaining the situation, they haven't gotten back with me. May look for a phone number this weekend and see if I can talk with an actual person. I would certainly like to be able to use the broadheads I just bought for the season.

14-Oct-21
It’s a damn shame you even have to email them. It’s happening more and more with regards to quality control. Top shelf prices with bottom shelf service.

14-Oct-21
That broadhead cost me a P&Y buck a few years back. Long story...but the head cost me that buck, I think their QC has gone down hill. It was a catalyst for me to switch to fixed blade heads.

14-Oct-21
NAP used to be a top shelf organization,...when the fellow who started it (Andy Simo) ran the show. I believe since then it has slipped considerably.

14-Oct-21
If I remember correctly NAP was bought out by one of the big investment firms that take a quality company and run it in the ground maximizing profit until you no longer have a quality company.

14-Oct-21
On another note, my wife use the NAP Killzone and has had no problems with them whatsoever. In fact, in July she took 5 animals in South Africa, and then took a nice antelope in August. Sorry for all your misfortunes with them.

14-Oct-21
QC had me a bit shocked when I had broadheads falling apart after the first 15 minutes of shooting. I never thought to check if the broadheads were put together correctly from the factory. I'm hopeful that it gets remedied without issue and that they correct their product. I called the shop I bought them from first but they were no help.

14-Oct-21
I have a few killzones laying around that have the nuts on them that I no longer use. PM your address and I'll send them to you. I decided I prefer fixed blades.

14-Oct-21
did you buy from amazon? Any chance they are chinese knockoffs?

14-Oct-21
I have some too. To me it was a pain to change the blades. As far as performance they did fine.

14-Oct-21
Thanks a ton Rossi! I sent you a message.

I bought them from a local bow shop. I try like crazy to support local businesses. Not saying they aren't Amazon or eBay knockoffs, but that's not where I bought them.

15-Oct-21
Never mind..... from the title thought you were calling guys who use em "fanboys" =D

Have never had any issues of any kind and killed a few deer with them, they always performed well for me. They are a long head and that's kinda a weak point IMO, have damaged some ferrules. Have resharpened a couple. I think I have one in the quiver now with a lighted nock for late evening. Only one I have left. Right now have some "others" I'm trying due to a broadhead fairy godfather...... =D

15-Oct-21
NAP took a dive for short term profit after being gobbled up by a conglomerate. No longer made in the US. I used Spitfires for many years as did some of my buddies and I've never had or seen a failure, from coyotes to moose and most BC big game in between, plus Africa. They decided to market just one Spitfire for both bow and crossbow (without telling anyone). And it is a failure!

To my surprise and very good fortune a Bowsiter (thanks Matt!!) out of the blue sent me eight brand new, made in the USA , Spitfire 125's! Awesome, I'm set for a couple more years and can put off the anguish of finding another head for now. Hoping to use one each for mule deer, cougar and Coues before spring.

• Sitka Gear