Novembermadman 04-Nov-21
Snag 05-Nov-21
samman 05-Nov-21
Huntskifishcook 05-Nov-21
WapitiBob 05-Nov-21
DanaC 05-Nov-21
03-Nov-21

DanaC's Link
Apparently the use of the term 'bullpen' in baseball has offended bull elk, bull moose, bull elephants and plain old bulls, so PETA is demanding that the term be dropped in favor of 'arm barns'. (File under 'can't make this s* up...')

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/peta-asks-mlb-rename-bullpen-arm-barn/

03-Nov-21
That's so unbelievably stupid that it's hard to think of an appropriate comment!

One thing is for sure, somebody has nothing better to do.

03-Nov-21
This is excellent. The crazier they sound the better for us. When they start making sense we will have a problem

The stupider the better

03-Nov-21
"There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them” - George Orwell

03-Nov-21
“This call to the arm barn brought to you by Citgo, thanks for watching folks”

That’s gonna get old to hear watching baseball next year lol

03-Nov-21
That's just crazy! Anyone with any sense knows a barn has a roof!

03-Nov-21
I could be wrong, but hope not. I see this as a good thing in this sense. I've always thought that the crazier PETA gets with this nonsense the more the general public will realize how crazy they actually are. When they attack things most people love like sports, eating steak, eating lobster and when they come out against killing cockroaches, etc., I think it hurts them more than it helps. I know animals or MLB pitchers making millions of dollars don't feel disrespected by the name. I hope MLB doesn't cave to this nonsense. I guess the problem with my theory is that the general public is heading in a different direction than it once was, but I still think the majority of citizens would roll their eyes at things like this.

EDIT: Bou we must have been typing at the same time, I just got pulled away from computer and didn't send right away, I agree

03-Nov-21
MA-PAdeerslayer more like...….“This call to the arm barn brought to you by Omaha Steak Company, thanks for watching folks” That wouldn't get old for me if I heard that...haha

03-Nov-21
PETA, HSUS, ASPCA and Friends of Animals all supported Biden, did you???

03-Nov-21
PETA, HSUS, ASPCA and Friends of Animals all supported Biden, did you???

03-Nov-21
Just more of PETA's bizarre strategy to bring attention to themselves. In a hilariously desperate bid to stay relevant, they interject themselves into high profile events any way they can. The goofier, the better. Anything that keeps their name & cause in the national conversation, they judge as a positive outcome. Apparently the strategy works, as in this thread ;-)

03-Nov-21
Rick Vaughan would be rolling over in his grave.

03-Nov-21
The sooner people ignore these idiots the sooner they will go away. You keep giving them attention and they'll continue seeking it...

03-Nov-21
PETA and Biden get attention because some hunters actually support them, and their cause. This is difficult to believe, but it is true!!! A new low for the hunting community.

03-Nov-21
I think the more extreme they get, the more 'fence-sitters' they alienate.

03-Nov-21
Tobywon X2

04-Nov-21
PETA is an organization for derelicts but those derelicts DO have some pull and should be taken seriously by us. I just took in two coyotes to my fur buyer and after 3 generations of buying furs in his family, was told they are not buying coyotes hides this year! The reason why: because PETA has put so much pressure on the buyer in Canada that they caved to the derelicts. The hides were used for the fur linings on parkas. Well from now on you will see parkas with no fur linings. This is the kind of dereliction PETA is pushing. The domino effect of one move from a stupid organization like PETA will have a huge impact on our hunting across the US. This coyote population is going to explode (in my opinion it's already out of control) if nobody is trapping or hunting them because nobody is buying the hides.

04-Nov-21
Keep in mind they ( Biden, PETA, HSUS, ASPCA and Friends of Animals want the coyote, (and all predator) populations to explode. There is no better way to take away the argument we need human sport hunters and trappers to control populations. This is the ecology the new generation has brought to the DNR, FWP, and almost all other animal related organizations.

04-Nov-21
Totally agree Mbreaks.... they are deceitful and patient in getting what they want. God help us in this fight!!

04-Nov-21
Are there actually jobs where you get paid to think and write about this stuff. Just asking for a friend, what's the salary?

04-Nov-21
In my mind, hunters and trappers have an obligation to protect what they have, for as long as they can. What is happening to mitigate the need for hunters and trappers to play a role in wildlife ecology and population control is very obvious, and right before our very eyes. We should all see and act, without being paid to do so.

In the end we will lose, and we have been losing. Best to do what we can to prolong what remains, this is real.

04-Nov-21
When I was a manager, this is what I hated the most. People always sniveling that they weren't offended themselves....but they felt that something was offensive to others and needed to be changed...

04-Nov-21
I call bull-$h!t ….. wait… can we no longer use this term as well?

04-Nov-21
Nope, that will become 'arm by-products'.

04-Nov-21
i am outraged and insulted they dare use our American barns for such a purpose.. so racist and disrespectful to our barns!!

fight stupid with stupid?

04-Nov-21
Novembeadman - I brought this up last year. Canada Goose jackets going away from coyote fur and I suspected it would cripple demand for coyote fur. People on here seemed to think it wouldn’t matter. What happens when there’s no demand for coyotes?

04-Nov-21
APauls, I know of people who shoot them 'just because'. Some (many) are just 'well, the sumbitch came in so...' but there are a few who target them seriously. Late evening, night scopes etc.

04-Nov-21
Sounds like just more of the same ol' arm chit to me.......

APauls, honestly had a discussion once with a lady driving a Volvo with a "NO TO FUR" bumper sticker on it. (yes, at a soccer game) Asked her if she was aware that leather upholstery in her car was all just fur with the hair scraped off...... her mouth may still be hanging open.

There is ignorance and then there is stupidity. Can't fix stupid.....

04-Nov-21
N8tureBoy, I can tell you that Delta Airlines doesn't care for the term bull-$h!t. I used it in an email to them when they tried to take away my gift certificate (that when I purchased they had told me never expired), and they wrote back telling me that they didn't appreciate my using profanity.

04-Nov-21
Just saw this on a local news site - "Four-year-old pig overcomes depression, is ready for adoption"

Ok, I thought pigs were raised at farms, to be eaten. Adopted? As for the 'depression', I never knew there were 'swine psychiatrists' making this kind of diagnosis. Now I wonder what drugs they prescribe for these poor creatures! ;-)

YCMTSU

04-Nov-21
APauls.... I can tell you what happens: the coyote population will double and triple in numbers and when there are no deer left to hunt that is when people will wake up and realize there is a problem. Unfortunately, that is what it will take for some hunters to wake up!! For you guys who refused to shoot that coyote when you had the chance 2 years ago, she has now produced two more litters of 6-8 pups who have also been producing 6-8 pups a year of their own. You dont even need a calculator to figure this one out...the coyote numbers far outpace the deer reproduction rate and if you think coyotes only prey on the sick and weak deer you aren't living in reality!! SHOOT EVERY COYOTE YOU CAN!

05-Nov-21
A few years ago PETA was protesting Kentucky Fried Chicken location in our area for killing chickens. They had a beautiful young lady in a bikini with a sign outside the business. That got a lot of attention! I think that location had a record breaking week!!!

05-Nov-21
What I want to know is how many cows are watching baseball and are offended by the term bull pen? I thought the only "cows" at the ball park were on the hands of the fielders in the form of a glove. A little beyond the ability to be offended.

Agree, the crazier they sound, the more people will ignore them.

05-Nov-21
Did anyone else see the last will and testament of some high up executive at PETA a few years ago? It was absolute crazy person stuff. She wanted her body to be chopped up and for different parts to be sent out to different organizations. One would get her eye signifying she would always be watching. One would get a hand to signify blood on their hands. It went on and on, dozens of organizations receiving her malnourished body parts. Bizarre.

05-Nov-21
There are some real winners out there.

"In rainy Dallas with temperatures dipping into the low 60s, hundreds huddled with umbrellas, flags and signs to wait for history to be made on Tuesday. Some even brought folding chairs.

At the site overlooking where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated nearly six decades ago, scores of QAnon believers outfitted with “Trump-Kennedy 2024” shirts, flags and other merchandise gathered. They forecast the president’s son John F. Kennedy Jr., who has been dead for over 20 years, would appear at that spot, emerging from anonymity to become Donald Trump’s vice president when the former president is reinstated. "

05-Nov-21
Dang, and I thought I drank a bit too much...

• Sitka Gear