LINK 03-Dec-21
TK 03-Dec-21
T.O 03-Dec-21
rooster 03-Dec-21
beemann 03-Dec-21
Dale06 03-Dec-21
badlander 03-Dec-21
03-Dec-21
Has anyone here used the Maverick six shooter blinds? They’re a hard sided blind that cost about $1000. I’m looking for something that will stand the wind of western Ks. I’ve used double bull blinds with good results, but the Ks wind and sun make them pretty short lived. These are lower cost blinds, but I’m not looking to spend $2-4000 for each blind. I need several.. Thanks

03-Dec-21

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I live in western Ok. I drive a fence post for each hub and wire (not rope) to each hub. Don’t use the fabric loops, go directly to the hub eye loop. On the bottom throw rocks or shovel dirt onto the skirt. I have also set them between hay bales to protect them some. I have no experience with maverick.

03-Dec-21
Thanks Link. I’ve had several double bull blinds shredded. Wind is part of my issue. But I have to leave them out 3-4 months and the sun is pretty hard on the fabric. I need to go to hard sided blinds.

03-Dec-21
Good luck! I have been tempted to do that myself but managed to get a lot of use out of pop ups by staking the crap out of them, lol. The winds out here can be brutal.

03-Dec-21
Take a look at Hawke blinds. They have hard sided blind. Young guy told me about them says they are the bomb.

03-Dec-21
Thanks Beeman. They may be the bomb, but I’m not going to spend $2500-5000 for a hard sided blind.

03-Dec-21

LINK's Link
Dale my brother has the lazy man fat girl and it’s a good blind. I know they are roughly the same price as the Maverick. He found a distributor on Facebook and paid less than Lazyman price. Just another option.

03-Dec-21
Drive down here to Texas & get some Krivoman blinds. They are light weight & indestructible.

03-Dec-21
We put three of them on a farm in Iowa we put them on platforms 3ft off the ground they are great blinds.

03-Dec-21
My pronghorn outfitter in South Dakota had several. They were not bad. They had taped over some of the windows to keep the light down inside the blind. Like T.O above these blinds were on 6ft high platforms.

03-Dec-21
Dale they are the Down and Out panel blinds. by Hawke. 1000 bucks and under...

03-Dec-21
Guys, thanks for the good options that you have suggested.

03-Dec-21
I have several Maverick blinds for the same reason you’re looking at them. The price is right.

They work fine, no problems shooting out of them. All mine are on 6x6 platforms with 8 and 10’ 4x4 posts anchored a foot or so in the ground.

The couple that are exposed also have an earth anchor underneath and a cable/turnbuckle to give it a bit extra. A bunch of banks or stump blinds would be nice but, where I’m at I could buy 40ac of land for the cost of 8 banks/stump etc…

• Sitka Gear