Live2Hunt 20-Dec-21
goyt 20-Dec-21
JL 20-Dec-21
greg simon 20-Dec-21
19-Dec-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

JL's Link
Figured I'd pass this safety heads-up along. I was looking for good deal close outs on hunting stuff. I happened to check Dicks just to see what they had out of curiosity. I haven't been to a Dicks in a few years and was curious if they still sold hunting stuff.

Anywho....I noticed the reviews were bad on this stick ladder. The recent (last 4 months) reviews on this particular stick ladder are disturbing. There appears to be a serious safety issue with the steps breaking at the weld...or lack of. Several of the reviewers fell. Also seen a review on Amazon with steps breaking off. These are Chinesium built sticks. I'm thinking any of these sticks built/shipped this year might be very suspect.

And BTW.....I went out to the garage to check a NIB stick I got last year to see what brand. As luck would have it.....it's the one in question. I think I got that one at a Dunhams or a Tractor Supply store in MI. I'll have to inspect it tomorrow in good light.

Sooo......if you, a family member or a buddy have any of these sticks....you may want to inspect them very close and/or re-weld them and/or toss them in the trash. The virus might be affecting the quality control in China. Even if I had any other brand stick (or hang-on) recently made in China.....I'd inspect it closely. I had a stick step break on me a couple of years ago....it will wake ya up! Oh ya....wear a safety harness when climbing!

Some reviews at the link......

"????? 1 out of 5 stars. · 4 months ago Horrible

I just bought these sticks and had several issues with them.

1) The washers for the spacer bracket between the tree and rails were to small and didn't fit the bolts. Minor had extra washers at home.

2) 1 of the 5 rails the steps were mis configured so I had 2 right steps in a row. Again sort of minor but more annoying.

3) the biggest issue was in the welds. I was on the 3rd section of rails just stepping up to the 4th when the top step on the 3rd section broke. Causing me to fall, I fortunately had my safety harness on which caught me.

4) Reluctantly I replaced that section with an extra one I had laying around and on the top section, super nervously, I starter to pull my stand up when I felt the step on my left foot give way.

So needless to say having 2 steps break, I am 6ft 200lbs, I would not recommend this to anyone!"

"????? 1 out of 5 stars. · 4 months ago Death Trap

Rated for 300 lbs, I weigh 200. The peg failed. Brand new, 1st install. Luckily I was only 6 ft off the ground and wasn't injured. Picture taken as the stick was being removed from the tree."

"????? 1 out of 5 stars. · 2 months ago Terrible quality

I ordered these climbing sticks for my husband August 22, 2021, he just got a chance to put them up two weeks ago beginning of October. He put the second stick together on the tree and foot peg broke put the third stick and another foot peg broke and he slipped 2 feet thank goodness he had his safety harness on. Extremely unsatisfied with the big game company. We’ve been loyal customers for years and I tried calling but no one will give me any answers. They offered a one 1-800 number to call and that just goes to a recording. AGAIN Extremely unsatisfied with big game company. I wouldn’t advise anyone to buy these climbing sticks"

"????? 1 out of 5 stars. · 2 months ago Dangerous- Do Not Buy

I bought these steps as I have had good luck with my big game ladder stand.I got a hang on this year and bought these sticks to go with it. First time I used them the 3rd step broke off and I ended up falling to the ground (lucky it was only a few feet). I took that section back thinking it was a fluke occurrence. 3 weeks later I broke another step off 12 feet off the ground. I am only 175 pounds. They immediately went into the trash. These steps are going to hurt/kill someone. PLEASE DO NOT BUY.

Recommends this product ? No

fieldandstreamshop.com Originally posted on fieldandstreamshop.com"

19-Dec-21
Thanks for letting us know!

20-Dec-21
The first time I ever saw a picture of those I thought no way in hell can that be sturdy.

20-Dec-21
Thanks for the heads up. I have some older ones that have been in use for years and they are still solid. The straps and buckles will fail after many years and need to be replaced.

20-Dec-21
Yikes!

20-Dec-21
My wife was looking for a kayak a few years ago online. She thought she would check at dicks, so she typed in dicks? Guess what happened to her!!! LOL.

20-Dec-21

20-Dec-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
From 2018.....I'm not sure if it was the brand in question. Luckily no fall involved.

20-Dec-21
Serious lack of penetration on that weld! Thanks for the heads up and a great reminder to always check your equipment.

• Sitka Gear