Glunt@work 20-Dec-21
APauls 20-Dec-21
Mule Power 21-Dec-21
Mark S 21-Dec-21
DanaC 22-Dec-21
DanaC 22-Dec-21
scndwfstlhntng 30-Dec-21
20-Dec-21
I need a warm "cold weather" camo hat with a short brim, and came across the Jetstream hat on Amazon. Interestingly I could not find it when I quickly looked on the Sitka Co. site. Could someone who owns one and uses it tell me their opinion on it and whether it is a good choice.. While we are at it, I was also thinking of upgrading my various camo beanie type hat (with a Sitka), but Sitka has a wide variety and it seems that a hands on comparison would be worthwhile at that price: any opinions? I hunt in Eastern PA/W. NJ and a breezy day in the high 20s is about as far as I care to go.

20-Dec-21
It was discontinued a few years ago. That hat did include wind blocker and would be a good choice. It had a short brim that was generally flexible and shouldn't interfere with your bowstring. My sister has one and it's her go-to cool weather active hat.

As far as current hats, the GTX Incinerator would be about the closest, albeit warmer than the Jetstream you're looking at, and likely better for sitting in cold weather.

Regarding a replacement beanie, the Beanie is simple and similar weight to say polar fleece, could be used as an under layer also. Jetstream and Stratus incorporate wind blocker and more insultation, so warmer. Blizzard and Fanatic would be the warmest beanie style, both include wind blocker. In all cases the Whitetail line is designed with quieter outer face for silence.

20-Dec-21
Kuiu has the exact hat you’re looking for. Called the Kuiu Kenai Bomber hat

20-Dec-21
I have that Jetstream hat and it is nice for cool, but not cold. I also have the Incinerator by Sitka and cannot say enough good things about it when it really cold. I wear it with a fleece facemark and stay tasty.

20-Dec-21
First lite makes a brimmed merino beanie.

20-Dec-21
As mentioned checkout the GTX, great hat. Can fold it down to cover the ears more warmth or keep it up for better hearing.

20-Dec-21
thanks all for good and clear info and ideas

20-Dec-21
Have you considered a Stormy Kramer cap?

20-Dec-21
Short brimmed Kromer is my go-to for around 10-30 degrees

20-Dec-21
Kuiu has the exact hat you’re looking for. Called the Kuiu Kenai Bomber hat

21-Dec-21
Ditto SteveB. It’s an archery season hat not gun season. I like the Sitka Blizzard beanie for cold weather. Unbelievably comfortable and warm. No brim though.

21-Dec-21
Have a bunch of Sitka and other's hats. The warmest is the Incinerator. Pretty nice.

22-Dec-21
Has anyone compared the KUIU Kenai Bomber 'head-to-head' with the Sitka Incinerator?

There's about a $40 difference in price ($60 vs $100). The Sitka has a long brim, seems better suited for gunning than shooting a bow, especially a recurve. Still looks like a good late-season choice.

22-Dec-21

DanaC's Link
Also the KUIU is available in blaze orange, legal requirement for some states during gun season.

30-Dec-21
Well, I went ahead and bought it. Big mistake. It is light weight and may be windproof, but I wore it at 45degrees and a wind of about 8-10 mph and had the first ear ache that I have ever had in the field. Back of the closet, and back to warm pull on caps.

• Sitka Gear