Bake 28-Dec-21
RD in WI 28-Dec-21
Bou'bound 29-Dec-21
Shiras42 30-Dec-21
27-Dec-21

Missouribreaks's Link
From the Wisconsin forum.

27-Dec-21
Didn’t read the entire article. I’ve never posted a pic of any of the animals I’ve killed, and plan to stay that way. There’s zero value in that for me, and some potential downside.

27-Dec-21
Below is the gist of that in the opener. Maybe a close to home thought....what would Bowsite be like if no one posted cam pics/vids and hero shots? Could folks live with that? Would folks go to other sites where they could post up their pics? Social media and it's effects on hunting is a topic that has been bounced around before.

"Social media has corrupted our motivations for hunting and is risking the future of the very activity we love so much. Traditionally, we hunters took to the woods for hides, horns, meat, personal enjoyment, and a sense of self-reliance. Now, for the first time in human history, many seek a digital harvest. Rather than butchering meat for the freezer or tanning a hide, these kinds of hunters mostly want photos on their iPhones to beam out across the internet. More than cooking and eating what they shoot, they’re interested in exchanging it for likes and followers — and even corporate sponsorships in gear and dollars."

27-Dec-21
All your favorite YouTube hunting personalities are guilty - they wont admit it tho

27-Dec-21
I kind of agree with him.

27-Dec-21
I do too, to some degree. I despise the fact that hunters contribute content to the very platforms that will one day attempt to end all hunting. These platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are run by far left people who have no interest in promoting hunting. Their algorithms are designed to amplify the worst in people. Post a pic of a proud father and his daughter’s first buck and it goes nowhere. If that same daughter killed a giraffe it will be inserted into every non-hunter’s feed, fueling outrage.

This point was missed in Rinella’s article.

His point could have been made about every subject to every post made to social media.

The entire platform screams “look at me” the subject is irrelevant. Young girls are more insecure because they don’t look like the enhanced photos all over Instagram, guys do outrageous and often dangerous stunts to look tough and get attention on TikTok, racism and divisions are amplified to the point where there’s riots thanks to those algorithms.

The entire platforms are bad for our culture. Period. Trophy photos are the least of our problems.

27-Dec-21
I couldn't agree more with the author, and I've shared his opinion for a long time. This comment especially struck home:

“KEEP ON HUNTING, BUT POST NOTHING IN 2022. THIS WILL PROVE YOU’VE MOVED PAST THE ATTENTION-SEEKING TODDLER STAGE IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT AS A HUNTER AND NOW GO AFIELD FOR MATURE REASONS.”

I moved past the "attention seeking toddler stage" over 20 years ago. Yes, I occasionaly still share my hunting experiences here, but I usually try to portray a greater message than just showing off my kills.

Matt

27-Dec-21
I understand the sentiment of this thread and it is well taken... but lets be real here, this site was not made popular without big buck or elk pics.

27-Dec-21
What to I think of the article? Not much, really.

The bottom line to all of this is how it is looked at by the mostly non hunting public. In the end, we will continue to hunt as long as most Americans think hunting is acceptable. In spite of all of the good, bad and ugly that you see on social media, we still enjoy a very favorable image (almost always over 80%) among the entire nation. That is absolutely amazing when you consider all of the negative BS they throw at us.

The most important thing to consider when presenting a picture or story is the method and purpose. That 80% approval applies to fair chase, ethical hunting where the meat is important. When they consider deer farms, high fence, cutting corners and slob activity, all of that drops our approval to doomsday numbers.

I see dozens of non hunters leaving positive comments on hunters posts. This is the norm, not the exception. Social media is our only platform for reaching those who will decide our future. Present a positive message and you will advance our cause, even when the human racists try to tear us down. We can't let the less than 10% dictate how we live and who we interact with. They are counting on us to cower.

Social media is not going away. I agree that it is bad for the human existence and has a mostly negative effect, but it is the reality of the day. We either embrace it and use it to our benefit or we hide in our fox holes and slowly get covered up.

27-Dec-21
Social media usage is ingrained and unstoppable. It's a waste of time to fret over it. We're WAAAAYYYY past ever turning that around. The part of his article carping on "Unfair" and "Private land is not real hunting" just sounds like whining.

27-Dec-21
I tend to agree with most of the article. I also agree, the clock cannot be turned backward. Trophy hunting will continue to lose favor with the non hunting voter, that course is set. I will say, I have never posted dead animals on social media.

27-Dec-21
I've said this before. Anybody posting on this site and acting like they aren't participating in social media are lying to themselves. Bowsite is basically the grandfather to any facebook hunting group. Social media is here to stay so I think it would be best for us hunters to stay onboard and somewhat try to control the content that is out there. I know that's tough but if you have to representation by the hunting population then all you will have left is the PETA people that make us all look like monsters.

27-Dec-21
I may show my harvest to friends but only if they are interested. Kind of interesting to read and see someone else's hunting harvest, but I outgrew the need to show off my animals. To be honest I have several "book" animals and I don't intend to enter them either, they get all the credit so why advertise.

27-Dec-21
I believe there is a difference between public discussion, and public graphic images. To sustain, we have to win with the non hunting voters. That is no longer happening in some states. I do not have a hard solution, but social media is only one area of concern.

27-Dec-21
I will say, I look forward to the hero shots on here. The species success threads are an annual enjoyment for me.

27-Dec-21
"Trophy photos are the least of our problems." - Ditto, much ado about nothing.

27-Dec-21
You will notice that the writer included his photo at the end of the article.

27-Dec-21
I think the author's points go well beyond just posting "trophy photos". That's an over simplification of his message, IMO.

Matt

27-Dec-21
So let me get this straight. We are taking social media posting advice from a guy on an Internet forum, website, that runs a podcast and a TV show and it’s all paid for by product sponsorship

27-Dec-21

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
So at the bottom of the article shows a big picture of himself promoting himself with a bunch of ads

I’d rather look at pictures a dead animals with proud hunters myself

I’m not on Facebook Instagram or any of those others

Bowsite is the extent of my social media

27-Dec-21
I think the author is extremely childish and is not really concerned about social media ruining hunting. He is simply annoyed that it is ruining his hunting spots.

I don't have Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or anything else, but I most certainly use social media just like every other person on this website.

27-Dec-21
"Even major hunting publications encourage this lying by omission by discouraging hunters from posting videos of poorly hit game. "

Bravo Sierra. One only need to turn on damn near any hunting show and listen as the "bowhunter" whispers "Laid the smack down on him" as the deer runs off with 3/4 of the arrow hanging. Cue the recovery later the next morning after "giving him some time" on a supposedly perfect shot.

27-Dec-21
I have no problem posting on my Facebook, my friends are actually friends.

27-Dec-21
I agree with the overall thought but also think social media, when done right, is good for hunting. It’s the idiots that post pics with ducks hanging from their mouth, or inappropriate pics with dead deer, etc that paint us in a bad light.

I do also agree that social media and YouTube posters increase the amount of folks in the woods. Especially with the pandemic and new people wanting to get into the woods/hunting for the first time.

I wish you tubers would do a better job of concealing their location. It’s one thing to post which state you’re hunting in, but posting trailheads or obvious landmarks just Burns spots that us common folks work hard to find.

27-Dec-21
Jay,

I think you may be confusing the author of the article, Matt Rinella, with his brother Steve Rinella of Meateater fame. Also, I don't believe the Matt Rinella has any affiliation with the website that posted his op-ed piece, or their podcasts and advertisers.

I'm sure there's a bit of sibling rivalry and jealously going on between the two brothers that influenced Matt's article, but I admire him for speaking out.

Matt

27-Dec-21
No Matt, I know who Steve is. I actually like Steves show. But his Brother Matt did not chisel his article into a stone tablet.

It’s on the Internet, and I doubt however it got posted on the Internet. Wasn’t for the good of mankind for free. Someone is pushing a product somewhere to pay for it.

Smells like purist syndrome to me

27-Dec-21
Yes, websites publish op-ed content from freelance writers all the time. I don't think either of us know whether Matt got paid for his article or not. It's entirely possible he just wanted exposure to his article without any compensation. I've provided content to one of the most popular Bowhunting magazines in the past. They offered me a ridiculously small compensation for my writings. I told them to keep it because I just wanted to see my story published, which they did.

Matt

27-Dec-21
I'm as concerned about the new woke, PC hunting crowd as I am about the wackem and stackem crowd when it comes to what's good or bad for hunting's future.

27-Dec-21
I dislike social media, but IMO it simply amplifies human nature that mankind has ingrained in the dna for millennia. It's not the tech per se.... it's already in all of us, to some degree. At least a couple or three of the 7 sins come to play.....

Ancient tribes, camps and villages paraded the successful hunter and his prize all though the clan or tribe. Yes it fed the tribe, at least the family. But the strongest hunters/warriors held the highest of social ranks. Their stories told in cave drawings. Storytellers (the original MSM...) told tall tails of their exploits and deeds and did so verbally passed on through the generations long before the written word existed. For the most part it's always been exaggerations if not outright lies. And it has always been about amassing a following if not leveraged for fame and power.

The issue now IMO is two fold. The speed it is spread and vast size of an audience that is based on whipping up outrage or emotion. And the lack of common sense and level headed thinking that seems more and more lacking in the masses. It is far too easy to get an emotional dopamine hit and then to be led on to the next by someone (something now with AI algorithms) without any rational thought process, any logic or reason. WRT hunting and dozens of other aspects of living, there is zero thought given to how or what is on the shelves at the grocery store or how it gets there.

THAT is a yuge issue. Bigger than any "social media" IMO. (in the stripped down sense Bowsite itself is social media) So many make the claim of "science" and "facts" or reality. Yet all they are doing is following the herd. And scream at any strays to get back in the herd. Facts, reality..... it's just a word in their head that means whatever they like. Just look at all the demonstrable racists and fascists calling everyone else racists and fascists......

27-Dec-21
To a large extent it seems to me that the author is attacking people who are in the hunting industry and make a living from it rather than hunters who post on social media. Although there seems to be a lot of people in the hunting industry, they probably make up less than 1% of hunters. I also would guess that most non-hunters could not name a celebrity hunter. The author's point seems to be that hunters are being attracted to the sport and are causing the supply and demand curve to shift. Of course, this has been going on even before social media was as efficient as it is today. Hunting magazines were maybe the first media to promote western hunting and cause draw areas for tags. Then hunting consultants helped to destroy the very draw odds that they promote that they are helping us with. When I was a kid it was possible to decide to go to a professional baseball game that afternoon and buy a ticket in the bleacher for $2 w/o buying a ticket in advance. Parking was free. Now if we can get a ticket to the game we gag on the cost of the ticket and parking. Off limits to a lot of people. The same is happening with hunting and it is not being caused by the pictures being sent by e-mail or text to friends who want to share their successes because they are proud of accomplishing something that is not easy unless you are the 1% with special access and the resources to bait, grow food plots, hire guides and outfitters.

I have met a number of new friends of both sexes by attending fitness classes twice a week during the off season. None of them hunt. When I don't show up, they ask where I was. I tell them that I hunt in the spring and fall. I do not know what they thought about hunting before I met them, but they now ask what I got so far. Some want to be to see pictures and talk about it. I am requested to text them a picture. Some social media is good for hunting. But again, the author is complaining about social media successfully attracting hunters to start hunting or to hunt more. I definitely agree with the author that social media by the hunting industry to promote hunting is causing changes that I do not like and that are not beneficial to most hunters.

27-Dec-21
I will say one thing, I will never hide the fact I am a hunter.

27-Dec-21
Social media provides a channel for us to communicate our message. We have to accept credit or blame for how our message is perceived.

Recently a FB friend asked why I hunted. I posted the essay about ‘Why I Hunt’ that I first posted here on BS. A couple of days later she called my wife, and was crying as she said she never knew that side of me.

She is a retired HS Environmental Science teacher, and after discussing my essay with her in my man cave over venison burgers with our spouses, she ended up with 3 buck mounts (would have qualified for P&Y but never submitted, bobcat, coyote, full flying turkey, pheasant, wood duck, mallard, bear skull and a box of shed antlers donated to her former science lab. If they encourage one kid to hunt, it is well worth it to me.

No more mounts or trophy hunting here. I wrote this while finishing lunch, two venison sloppyjoes!

27-Dec-21
Well I didn't read the entire thing, but just the little I did read -- to me he is a bitchy ass "look/listen at/to me" cry baby and that's MY opinion. Yup, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it.

His brother has done more for the hunting industry and the preservation of wildlife then he will ever do. (Well maybe - I don't know anything about him so maybe he IS some kind of wildlife hero or something)

I very much enjoy looking at "dead" animal pics posted on here and other social media sites. If someone doesn't like it --- don't look.

OK, I'm off my soap box now. :)

27-Dec-21
Sending a few photos to friends and loved ones, who you know are interested and will be proud of your accomplishment, is vastly different than posting them on social media where millions of strangers, all with varying opinions on hunting, will view it. Especially when the owners of those platforms are mostly anti-hunting and they use algorithms to distribute the least tasteful pics to fuel their anti-hunting bias.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd gladly go back to the days before the internet, social media, and the over-commercialization and capitalization of hunting. Many things in our lives have improved because of the Internet, but hunting and social relations are not part of them, IMO.

There's something seriously screwed up when posting your trophy pics to social media is a bigger priority than skinning and properly caring for the meat of your kills. When your number of likes, or followers, or whatever the hell they're called, is more important to you than the number of packages of wild game in your freezer, I don't consider you a real hunter. When killing a trophy animal that has been conditioned to feed at a bait pile, like livestock, becomes the most anticipated celebrity "Live Hunt", and it is praise--worthy by the majority of hunters here, we have lost the battle.

End of rant.

Matt

27-Dec-21
Matt,

I can post my kills to FB and here after taking care of my game. We should have comfort in tastefully posting pictures of any legal/ethical pursuit, hunting should be no different.

If we are hesitant to do so, others will question why and might conclude we know it is wrong. I want to hear of venison donated to the hungry for example. Let’s be proud of a long shared activity even though we can feed ourselves without doing it. People still knit clothes, build their own homes, we feed ourselves. No difference IMO.

27-Dec-21
There's truth to this or at least somewhat especially in my area of va along the coast. Here's a perfect example. Last summer I ran into a farmer I haven't seen for a while. He proudly showed me several pics of the bucks his son & grandson had killed &I agreed they were some nice bucks for our area. Then he commenced to start complaining about the crop damage from all the does. Off course I offered to help him with that problem to which he replied that he'd have to ask his son. We'll ya know where that went. I know his son & a freezer full of venison is not even a thought on his mind. He hunts for a pic of a big buck on fb.

27-Dec-21
Pretty big difference between a FB hunting celeb and a BS Hunter sharing his adventures. I love the stories, and the pics add a ton of context. My “campfire” has been enlarged and enhanced greatly by the hunters on here that take the time. And I’ve never had the sense that it was bragging.

I don’t think comparing the tv or full time internet hunters to regular guys sharing is even reasonable.

27-Dec-21
So let me get this straight… A guy who is making a living hunting on TV and talking about hunting on the Internet is complaining about other people who want to be just like him putting themselves out there on social media…???

I don’t disagree with him, but I’m absolutely gobsmacked by the depth of the hypocrisy.

It was at least 20 years ago when I first started talking about the then relatively new crop of celebrity hunters and designer-camo Fashionistas as being the market hunters of the 20th/21st-century.

All about that cha-ching thing…

27-Dec-21
It is the hunting community who watches the media stars, and ultimately buys from their sponsors , pays their bills, and funds the shows. The audience funds the process, not the other way around. The viewers are the guilty ones.

27-Dec-21
Has anyone had one of their pics they posted on Bowsite show up on another site somewhere?

Years ago I found some Greenland pics I personally took and posted on a warbird site show up on someone else's site in internet-land. When ya post your pic or vid on a social media site for anyone to see, folks with anti agendas can snip your pic and vid and use it to peddle their agendas. Just curious how frequent that is...if at all.

27-Dec-21
I see nothing wrong with posting pics of game that hunters kill. A lot of the deer pics posted are not considered "trophies ". The main stream media will never support hunters no matter what we do. Yes, some hunters post things in bad taste but not all hunters do that.

27-Dec-21
I think for New Years we need to get rid of these annoying pop ups... getting really obnoxious!

27-Dec-21
Frank,

I think your response mostly agreed with my post. Please correct me, if I'm wrong. I think we both know what social media hunting content has a positive impact on hunting sentiments with the general public, and those that don't.

Matt

27-Dec-21
Social media gives people the false impression other people care what they think. Now continue thinking what you thought in the first place.

27-Dec-21
Matt,

Agreed.

27-Dec-21
I enjoy reading the hunting threads on here and other hunting forums, and what is a hunting story without pics ? But….I have never, nor will I ever have anything to do with facebook, twitter, instagram, or any others that might exist. Some guys say, “well it’s just a way to keep up with family and friends “ Bullshit ! That’s what a telephone or a visit is for.

27-Dec-21
I think that was the longest rant I've ever had to force myself to read.

27-Dec-21
The biggest difference between Bowsite and true "social media" is that Bowsite is effectively a closed community, with no potential for viral sharing. This is more like posting a pic on the bulletin board at a giant Scheels, along with the story for friends to enjoy. Nobody makes money from Bowsite,

JL, I found some of my deer and elk hat success photos from Bowsite being used without my permission on the BeTheDecoy website. They took them down after I contacted them.

27-Dec-21
“ with no potential for viral sharing.”

Are you kidding, Lou???

Anything that shows up on a screen is just a screen capture and a coupla clicks from being the #1 Trending Topic on the whole damned internet, and headed for National broadcast news coverage. For Good or Ill.

Up to us to make good choices.

But in principle… I have zero qualms with a year without hornography.

27-Dec-21
“Anything that shows up on a screen is just a screen capture and a coupla clicks from being the #1 Trending Topic on the whole damned internet, and headed for National broadcast news coverage.”

Yeah, I think that is a bit of hysteria or hyperbole if you’re trying to apply that to Bowsite.

There are already sites that provide hundreds of thousands of “screen shots” for any subject matter. The anti’s aren’t hanging around here waiting anxiously for someone to post a pic they can sensationalize.

27-Dec-21

Corax_latrans's embedded Photo
Corax_latrans's embedded Photo
Not limiting scope to BowSite, but the principle holds. Your last post is now on my phone, and will remain there for as long as I care to keep it there…. and I can post it to any website/social media platform I want, or I can email it to the Evil Media Empire of my choosing…. for whatever reason I like.

This particular site may (or may not) attract a lot of Antis, but FB (for just one) will boost an image to anyone and everyone who is likely to like, hate, share, or comment on it. That’s their business model and they’re damned good at it.

That’s just the way the world IS these days. Pays to not forget that.

28-Dec-21
No offence but that just sounded like a long whiny rant from someone who’s annoyed that other people hunt.

Honestly the best thing for social media and hunting would probably be if every regular Joe showed the entire hunt process on social media. I only use Facebook, and my posts are limited to friends and friends of friends and I rarely post. But every now and then I share a hunt and it usually starts with scouting and ends in table fare. I am ROUTINELY told by non-hunting people how much they enjoy my hunting posts. Just before Christmas a filmographer I’ve hired before mentioned to me how fascinating he found all my hunting stuff. He doesn’t hunt. But he mentioned that it blew him away how much goes into it. He doesn’t hunt and likely never will, but it was once again a reminder that I should post some things now and then for the good of the hunting image. Because the sad reality is people will only see what is available for them to see. If their social media feeds are filled by “Insta-hunters” and people out for fame, likes and sponsorships, the average persons view of hunting will be skewed to the bad. If every hunter shared their story, the average image would be MUCH better and we’d also drown out the crap.

So I probably think he’s 180 degrees wrong. We need everyone to post. And when you post with real pictures and it comes across how much time, effort, and suffering went into getting your animal people begin to understand the grip and grin. They understand what went into that final result and why you’re so happy. They also won’t necessarily want to undertake Bowhunting, but they will appreciate what goes into it. So there; you increase the overall view of hunting while keeping your spots safe :) Flame away gentlemen!!

28-Dec-21
Chillkill from "other" this is an animal hunting site for goodness sake and a very tasteful one at that... what do you consider an old man? And antis destroy everything ,not old men out of touch young man.

28-Dec-21
He makes a lot of sense.just because one can does not mean one should.

28-Dec-21
I just saw a post from Beav on the 2020 whitetail thread. His daughter killed a deer and it’s a great picture. I would miss those pics if the Woke win. And we shame ourselves into cowering.

I don’t think we should feed the radicals money by posting on FB, Instagram and Twitter.

As mentioned their programs and algorithms push divisive topics and show divisive pictures to people that are already opposed to our way of life purposely trying to show us in a negative light.

We are making billionaires out of socialist radicals.

BUT! IMHO, If we cower and don’t post here and show others (in respectful ways) our real, honest, and natural way of life. It shows we have something to hide.

Don’t feed the beast!

But feed the positive sites like Bowsite!

28-Dec-21
Isn’t Trump supposed to go on-line with a conservative social media platform in January?

That will solve all of the problems. We will finally have truth and honesty and things like giraffe hunting will be explained in ways the public will understand. Just hope it doesn’t become political but rather deliver all sides of the news. This is exciting don’t you think?

28-Dec-21
It upsets me more listening and seeing people bash hunting, try to stop hunting, wrongly portray hunting or the social media platforms that remove hunters/fishers/trappers items from there sites. Hunting is in our DNA as humans and they want to stop it. You see it on anything out of hollywood in there shows. Numerous times I have been watching something the wife watches and there's a rip on hunters and hunting. So, I don't watch regular TV anymore especially news. There is a lot of things I see that I cannot stand that get shoved down our throats, (commercials and shows showing same sex couples doing things). What happens if we act as they do toward us about the crap they want? Of coarse, THEY got voted in the last election.

28-Dec-21

spike78's Link
Now this is what’s wrong with “hunters” today. This guy shoots a nice buck over a corn pile off his back porch and Outdoors Life publishes this garbage. Me personally I just like seeing huge whitetail bucks whether harvested or on a trail cam.

28-Dec-21
Drycreek. Fb is no different. Think what ya want But my usual morning routine involves the toilet a visit to the wall, bowsite, & fb. I offshore fish when not hunting & im a member of several offshore groups on fb. I'm a member of a venison cooking group on fb and the recipes & different cooking ideas are great. Just read about a Mississippi neck roast in the crock pot that sounds awesome. I hunt with an Oneida & in a lever bow group. It's all in how you choose to use fb. Of course there's the doofballs but ..... There's the exact same drama & bs on bowsite as on fb. Trust me. Post something political & watch it go. Recently I posted about bullets & it got some good interest but ya also had the wise asses posting their arrow & broadhead choice. It's all in what ya make of it or not.

28-Dec-21
Is there a loci for hunting?

28-Dec-21
Can’t believe there aren’t better stories to print than that lol. Had about the same “riveting factor” as “drove past a field stuck the tube out and shot him.”

28-Dec-21
I'm at a loss on the FB bashing. I post all of my takes, for the benefit of my friends and family that live away from me. Nothing is public and I have had no issues and no censorship.

28-Dec-21
The best antidote to bad hunter portrayal is good hunter portrayal. And definitely not no hunter portrayal.

If there is no counter narrative then the anti’s own the whole arena and get to say what people see.

I’d say Joe Rogan has done more to combat the anti’s and win over more non-hunters than anyone in decades. And he is the epitome of the “media whore”. Most of his listeners don’t hunt, don’t think about hunting and couldn’t care less about hunting. But they likely associate hunting with Joe. “Well, I like Joe and Joe is good with it so, I am too.”

No profile or low profile is a losing strategy. Unless of course you’re just worried about hunting out the rest of your days and screw the future.

28-Dec-21
I couldn't pick Joe Rogan out of a crowd, if I had to, and I'm pretty sure none of my non-hunting friends and family would be able to, either. I guess everyone has their own ambassadors of hunting.

I've never embraced FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc...they always seemed like a popularity contest, where people only post the highlights of their lives, then their self-worth and esteem is measured by how many strangers like/follow/befriend them.

I'll never forget the time my 20 year old God-daughter cried, when she was on vacation with us, because her instagram post didn't receive as many likes as she was hoping for. I began reading about the psychological impacts of social media, especially on young people. I learned that teenage suicides rates are way up largely due to social media. That solidified my anti-social media stance.

And yes, I understand I'm posting this on a social media platform of a sort, but I view the Bowsite much differently than all the popular mass platforms. We're mostly a relatively small group of adults with a common hobby that we enjoy, and most of us are too old and stuck in our ways and opinions to ever let anything that is said here affect us.

Matt

28-Dec-21
^^^. Well since Joe Rogan has more than 200 million listeners per month , then it’s irrelevant if you know who he is or not. For the record, I haven’t listened to more than an hour total and that from links from friends, so far from a fan boy.

There’s no virtue in ignorance of reality.

28-Dec-21
Joe Rogan is a commentator for UFC fights but I’m guessing Matt is more of a figure skating type lol. Just busting your balls Matt.

28-Dec-21
Hah. I didn't read the article, but I can guess the gist from the comments. I don't have a problem with posting pictures on social media, within reason. But I also keep mine private, seen only by friends, and I don't post pictures with 700 hashtags to try to get as much attention as possible ;).

A person also needs to have some common sense about it. On my first African hunt I shot a zebra, and even friends and family were like "How could you shoot a horse?!"

So this latest trip, I posted pictures, but not of several "iconic" species that people go ape&*%$ about. My family and friends that were interested were texted pictures of those if they wanted.

In summary, post away. But have some damn common sense about you.

28-Dec-21
Fascinating article and response from the Bowsite community. This site and an email account is the extent of my online presence. I love seeing the animals on the harvest threads - I feel that they are a way of inviting me to the digital campfire and my pictures are an invitation to each of you. Great site and debate forum.

29-Dec-21
He makes a lot of sense.just because one can does not mean one should.

30-Dec-21
Late to the discussion here, but I think JSW said well above. Also, Matt Rinella said he says things how they are...Wrong, he says things how he sees them, but I respect his opinion even if I disagree.

• Sitka Gear