Rut Nut 28-Dec-21
Scar Finga 28-Dec-21
4nolz@work 28-Dec-21
Jaquomo 28-Dec-21
BC 28-Dec-21
scentman 28-Dec-21
Butcherboy 28-Dec-21
27-Dec-21
I just watched this video on YouTube - Crazy story and unbelievable ending.

And yes, it is bowhunting related [stolen bows]

27-Dec-21
That nuts! The kid is a better man than I am and obviously isn’t hurting for cash. I would have absolutely taken the cash to replace those cams. Thief seamed typical trying to justify it as thinking the place was abandoned. Did he also say he painted the cams after stealing the stuff? I thought it sounded like he told a budy he had stolen that stuff and his friend told him about the cams. So he went back and painted them, lol.

27-Dec-21
that is AWESOME! I can't believe he did not charge him.

27-Dec-21
Giving him that money back on video, made the guy feel like even more of a slimeball than he did before!

That being said, I would have probably taken the cash. Kudos to this kid, he absolutely handled the situation professionally, and with class.

27-Dec-21
Wow he is very forgiving I guess the guy stole from the right person.

27-Dec-21
I would have taken the cash then pressed charges.

Of course, having 10m views on a commercial YouTube clip just made that kid 30k and the thief is utterly humiliated in his community since everyone will watch the clip. Priceless!

27-Dec-21
Great job!

27-Dec-21
The kid handled it as best as could be. Definitely a good kid. I would have taken the money. Even if I didn't need it I would have taken it and given it to charity.

27-Dec-21
Stupid move, he should have prosecuted! Who knows how many times that guy has gotten away with something similar in the past.

27-Dec-21
I want to track down that John Deere skid steer and claim the $300k. Sheesh

27-Dec-21
Once a thief always a thief. I have no tolerance for them. The guy would be sitting in a jail cell, if it were up to me.

Matt

27-Dec-21
Wow!

27-Dec-21
I don’t know what that young (MAN) is trained in. But I would love to hire him.

He is obviously a creative thinker and a hard worker. And I love how tenacious he is.

Trust me, that weasel he busted would try to get even somehow if given the chance.

He’s the kind of person you let off the hook and he shoots you in the back as you walk away. Or one of the weasels friends will try

27-Dec-21
There's cameras all over the place, but I thought this stuff was abandoned.

Hmmmmm. I guess if you're going to steal a bunch of stuff, you're not below lying through your teeth.

Lots of excuses, the guy's a dirtbag. I think I probably would have pressed charges.

27-Dec-21
The guy is a POS. I would have told him keep the $$. $1,400? Not sure what state, but possibly a felony. This is not the first, second, or third time this @$$hole stole something. Just maybe the first time he was caught.

27-Dec-21
Yeah, I bet that bastard has been stealing for years. Lock him up !

27-Dec-21
I won't be buying one of those floor jacks, I can tell you that much.

27-Dec-21
That is PRICELESS! : )

Being publicly humiliated on YouTube is probably more of a deterrent than actually being charged with a crime. YouTube Justice...........I LOVE it!

27-Dec-21
Not that it matters, but no telling what the young guy is worth. His YouTube channel has over 3M subscribers. The hits on the video will make him much more than it ever would if he’d taken the money.

27-Dec-21
I also have cams on my property... you would not believe what your own neighbor does when they think no one is watching... and these are the"nice" neighbor I am talking about, from flipping the bird at my house, defacating on property, leaving weird ritual paraphernalia for intimidating purposes... It started with people leaving garbage on my property, I put up cams and found out a lot of my " nice neighbors". I trust no body since then.

27-Dec-21
Shiloh,

Drug dealers are worth millions. I wouldn’t steal from one.

27-Dec-21
Point made point taken interesting way to resolve an extremely bad situation totally priceless Lewis

27-Dec-21
Not his first theft and won't be his last. Probably just the first time he's been caught. Press charges; lock him up!

27-Dec-21
I would have taken the POS to the train station.

27-Dec-21
Yup, the POS thief should of had the book thrown at him. Pretty nice of the “kid” to handle it like that though. BTW, the kid is Cody Detwiler a YouTuber that has whistling diesel YouTube channel. He’s worth like a couple million…

27-Dec-21
It's obvious the kid was more concerned about making a YouTube video than he was about getting his stolen stuff back. It ties nicely into the social media influence thread. In what world do we live in that making a Youtube video is more important than convicting a proven thief?

Matt

27-Dec-21
And his wife stated off camera, " and you said you would not get caught; what were you thinking?" "There goes our vacation!"

27-Dec-21
Wow, not sure I would have been that nice to the thief. I think the wife was pretty surprised at what was happening. The public humiliation will hopefully set him straight.

27-Dec-21
Here in MN anything over $500.00 is a felony $10,000.00 fine and or 3 years in jail.

Absolutely press charges and take the $1,400.00.

That young MAN has made his point --- and agree, plaster his face and his address all over you tube.

27-Dec-21
"I would have taken the POS to the train station." x2

27-Dec-21
Since I don't have a youtube channel, I would have took his money and pressed charges. Looser POS that thief.

27-Dec-21
I'm guessing there had to be a deal made where he would not press charges or take the cash for the cameras in exchange for using the video on his youtube channel.

How many more hits did he just get from this thread alone? How many here just checked out his channel? Smart kid.

27-Dec-21
So, if you just watch the embedded video on this thread, does the video's owner still get credit for the number of views on his YouTube channel? I'm pretty ignorant about how all that works. How-to videos on various projects that I work on are about the only YouTubing I do.

Matt

27-Dec-21
Yes, doesn’t matter if you watch the clip on his channel or embedded elsewhere. The view goes to him regardless and he shares ad revenue with YouTube.

27-Dec-21
Thanks Pat,

Am I the only one who sees a mis-placed motivation by this kid? He let a proven thief walk free because he knew he had video footage that would go viral and make him thousands of dollars. Had he pressed charges, I'm sure the video would have been considered evidence, and he wouldn't have been allowed to post it on YouTube. That's f-ed up to me.

Matt

27-Dec-21
I watched it a few days ago ,The young man was impressive I dont think I would have been so good to the criminal

27-Dec-21
Either way, the thief got caught

27-Dec-21
Yep, it was the handful of pain pills and the beer that made him do it. What a pile of garbage.

27-Dec-21
I saw that video a few days ago. He should have pressed charges.

27-Dec-21
It's the kids job. Almost 10 million views!

27-Dec-21
He didn't press charges because he knew he had a social media gold mine on video that he wouldn't have been able to capitalize on if he did press charges. The kid is smart, and a great capitalist, but he made a bad decision for selfish reasons, IMO.

Matt

27-Dec-21
“ The kid is smart, and a great capitalist, but he made a bad decision for selfish reasons, IMO.”

You mind if I share that? (And I mean that in the Pre-Social Media sense of the phrase!).

28-Dec-21
I dunno. This was obviously not the first rodeo for this scumbag thief. Pressing charges would have accomplished what? Probation? Then he carries on with his low-rent criminal enterprise? YouTube shaming, especially if it goes viral in that town, might have more impact on the future of his criminal ventures.

Kid got his stuff back, which was what he wanted, made a bunch of money from the video, which he also wanted, didn't break any laws or do anything unethical, and totally outed the scumbag in public. Sounds like a win-win-win-win. More people should do this if they have the opportunity, given the total impotence of our criminal justice system these days.

28-Dec-21
What is a worse punishment - being charged and going through the farce of a legal system or being humiliated in front of 10 MILLION people and more for the rest of time. There isn’t a person that that man knows that won’t know what he did. WAY worse than the justice system. You think he escaped justice? You think he’s still got a job? I doubt it. That mans life is ruined. Picture family gatherings, workplace gossip and on and on it goes. It’s way more personal when everyone gets to watch the video. Hearing someone got nabbed is one thing. Watching them and feeling the emotion is another entirely.

I’d bet 2 years from now he WISHES he could have just quietly paid the price for his sins. It’s a new world out there and that’s some sweet new justice.

28-Dec-21
I didn't think you could actually film someone unless they gave permission... me thinks the whole thing was staged. Many of the sjw on you tube are staged tear jerkers for hits on channel... pretty savvy way to make Benjamin's.

28-Dec-21
I didn’t watch it. Probably not going to either. I just opened the thread to see what it was about because the title caught my interest. I thought it was going to be some great hunting footage.

28-Dec-21
I’m betting the kid told him he would NOT press charges as long as he signed a release(allowing use of his image on video! ;-)

Also betting this is NOT staged!

28-Dec-21
From what I have read, there there is no law against filming someone or taking their pictures, that includes audio. There are exceptions, but I don't believe this fell under that category! I just read of a situation here locally, where a guy had the cameras on his house pointed at his neighbors backyard/ pool where his wife and daughter swam/ laid out... The police told the home owner with the pool they could nothing about it!!!! Same with the drones that record...

28-Dec-21
Feels staged by a YouTuber to make money

28-Dec-21
It IS some great hunting footage! Kid used trail cams to catch his prey. This was more entertaining than 95% of "hunting" vids posted on YT.

28-Dec-21
Judging by the thief's home and property, he looks well off. Some guys are just thieves I guess. I think the kids handled it very calmly, better than I probably would have. Intellect over emotion is the way to go. I have no problem with the kid posting it or making a buck. Wish more thieves would get out'ed (eg - trail cam thieves).

28-Dec-21
I'll bet my old "Darton" that the people believe that this is real believe in the Moon landing, where they had camera equipment, a 4 wheel drive rover propelled all over the moonscape... yea, and the fact that China had nothing to do with the virus. ;0)

28-Dec-21
LOL Lou!

• Sitka Gear