Buffalo1 30-Dec-21
wildwilderness 30-Dec-21
WYOelker 31-Dec-21
t-roy 31-Dec-21
WYOelker 31-Dec-21
WYOelker 31-Dec-21
JL 31-Dec-21
30-Dec-21
Well next December we hit the big 20 years together. We both have decided we want a sub or tropical trip where we can get in some fun fishing and a little relaxing in. We have talked about a few options. Belize, Keys, Costa Rica, etc. I am not a fan of Mexico…

Nice clean but not necessarily fancy place. All inclusive or a BNB with charter options.

We have literally only taken one family vacation to Florida and never went even a full weekend without the kids.

So where have you went that was amazing fishing, relaxing and fun?

Any resorts to look at? Places to avoid?

30-Dec-21
What kind of fish are you after?

How long of a trip?

30-Dec-21

wildwilderness's Link
My Bro and sister in Law just went to Tarpon Caye Lodge in Belize. They said it was amazing, on your own private island

Check it out if interested- https://tarponcaye.com/

31-Dec-21
We are looking at a 7 day trip with at least 3 days fishing. 4 days relax…

Type of fishing, anything that keeps us in the action. Flats, inshore off shore reef. Hell even some awesome bass fishing in Florida…

31-Dec-21
We haven’t been there yet, but my wife and I are leaning towards a similar trip to Costa Rica. A big roosterfish is on her bucket list. Check out Crocodile Bay Resort.

31-Dec-21
Yeah Costa Rica is on our list but they are requiring full vaccination. That kind of sucks. Hopefully that will Change and Crocodile Bay was on our radar. Belize has no Vaccine requirements. So they moved up and Costa Rica went down…

31-Dec-21
Yeah Costa Rica is on our list but they are requiring full vaccination. That kind of sucks. Hopefully that will Change and Crocodile Bay was on our radar. Belize has no Vaccine requirements. So they moved up and Costa Rica went down…

31-Dec-21
Something in the Virgin Island chain?? I've been to many of those islands several times doing USCG business. I wasn't impressed with St Croix. St Thomas is ok but touristee. St John's was nice. IMO St Barts was the best in the chain if you're ok with nude beaches. I've never been to the Cayman Islands but I hear good stuff about that place. Other options might be someplace in the Bahama Island chain....Andros Island or the Exhuma's?

If the vaccine requirement is an issue.....then the Islamorada or Marathon areas. Another option there might be Puerto Rico. If you're a military retiree or other LE type....you can stay at the Borinquen Lighthouse. I had two tours down there and fished alot. I lived in the Aguadilla area by the airport. IMO...the west side of the island is nicest. Cabo Rojo was popular along with the Rincon area. On the east side was Ceiba (the old Rosie Roads base area). They have a ferry you could take to Veiques to look around. They filmed Heartbreak Ridge there and have non-huntable whitetails.

• Sitka Gear