Grey Ghost 06-Jan-22
ROUGHCOUNTRY 07-Jan-22
Glunt@work 07-Jan-22
02-Jan-22

Matt-6's Link
Watch "Dr. Robert Malone interviewed by Joe Rogan"

https://rumble.com/vrv7k1-dr.-robert-malone-on-joe-rogans-podcast.html

02-Jan-22
I was starting to like Rogan, then he said Obama was the best president ever and I thought, WTH, seriously!?

02-Jan-22

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
12yards, you just gave one of the best reasons to listen to Rogan. He’s not politically aligned with one party. He’s just trying to get out the whole truth, this podcast on Spotify and his one with Dr. Peter McCollough tell a very different uncensored Covid story than the mainstream narrative.

Remember, trust the science, these guys are the scientists!

02-Jan-22
He is bringing the truth out with solid interviews with the experts. Shining a light on so much that has been so wrong about the whole plandemic….

02-Jan-22
Rogan "The White Man's Oprah" is great. I don't agree with him politically but he is contemplative and willing to respect guests even if he does not agree with them. And he has to be the most well rounded journalist/podcaster that I have experienced.

02-Jan-22
Wheres all the provaxers to tell us how Malone is wrong???

02-Jan-22
Rogan has done something’s I like, but can’t get over endorsing Bernie Sanders.

02-Jan-22
Rogan is just like Rinnella - they swim both ends of the political pool just to make a buck.

02-Jan-22
Is it just me or does Dr. Malone look like Harrison Ford.

02-Jan-22
I guess this means no one can point out Malone's errors?

02-Jan-22
"Rogan is just like Rinnella - they swim both ends of the political pool just to make a buck."

I wholeheartedly disagree. I think they sincerely hold the beliefs that they claim. As a former libtard who was brainwashed by public schools, University, media, Hollywood, and music (my excuses), I totally get it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still retarded, just a little more of a conservatard now LOL

02-Jan-22
This shouldn’t be about Rogan at all. He barely talks in these podcasts, he simply asks great questions and lets the doctors do the talking. Discrediting the host is how people feel justified in discrediting the whole podcast.

02-Jan-22

ryanrc's Link
Read this book and people will make more sense.

02-Jan-22
Agree 100 percent @mike

02-Jan-22
Mike x100000000. If it has to be 100% aligned with your thoughts, you will never have any source of info unless you yourself are asking the questions, and even then, who are u gonna ask? Everybody has something…..

02-Jan-22
Great comment Mike!

02-Jan-22
Waiting for bigeasy or Kansas flatlanders comments

02-Jan-22
I take what Dr. Malone says through the same critical filter that everything needs to be ran through with this virus. Interesting stuff.

03-Jan-22
Glunt@work, The huge difference is that his medical expertise is being silenced! You are not supposed to even hear what he has to say, same as Dr. McCullough. Those who agree with the mainstream narrative are not being censored no matter what their credentials are…

03-Jan-22
I don't disagree. Would be great to see an hour+ long discussion between him and a couple of the experts shaping policy so they could have some back and forth. He comes off as sincere, highly knowledgeable, experienced and pragmatic. He's also vaccinated and has had Covid twice. I don't know much about him other than this interview but if his opinions are shaped from being a fringe wacko or an ego driven sociopath, he is also a great actor.

03-Jan-22

Grey Ghost's Link
Here a fact check on McCullough’s claims.

Matt

03-Jan-22
ryanrc, "Read this book and people will make more sense." - Nah, I think not.

"While himself an atheist, Haidt has argued that religion contains psychological wisdom that can promote human flourishing, and that the New Atheists have themselves succumbed to moralistic dogma." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Haidt

Moralistic dogma = a self-righteousness, as an alternative to hedonism, if you care to go to either side of the folly of atheism.

RockyD, You're not alone.

03-Jan-22
"I guess this means no one can point out Malone's errors?"

Actually they can be pointed out rather easily such as his claim about the "bait and switch" involving the vaccine given under the EUA not being the same vaccine offered after the FDA approval.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/scicheck-researcher-distorts-facts-on-covid-19-vaccine-approval-liability/

He's also mislead the public about his role in the development of the mRNA technology used to develop the current mRNA vaccines used for COVID-19:

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/the-development-of-mrna-vaccines-was-a-collaborative-effort-robert-malone-contributed-to-their-development-but-he-is-not-their-inventor/

He's also made claims that about the spike proteins produced by the mRNA vaccines that have not been proven and have been refuted by several scientists and physicians:

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaccine-cytotoxic/fact-check-covid-19-vaccines-are-not-cytotoxic-idUSL2N2O01XP

As has been demonstrated on the "Why the vaccine matters" thread it's clear very little, if anything will change minds on this topic; it is for this reason I've advised people to get as fully informed as possible prior to making any decision on vaccination. This should include serious scrutiny of all claims from all sides; when any scientist or medical professional makes demonstrably false statements I find it hard to accept them as a credible source, especially when substantial evidence can be readily found that disputes their claims.

03-Jan-22
Mike, thanks again, and great advice.

I have to chuckle at the criticism of education not teaching critical thinking. I agree, it hasn’t been done properly for quite some time as demonstrated frequently here from both far ends.

03-Jan-22
I love that those who complain the most about the higher education system are generally not higher educated and do the least amount of critical thinking. Strange how that works.

03-Jan-22
KS, how do you know people's level of education?

03-Jan-22
12yards,

People judge you by the words you speak. When you agree with them you are smart.

03-Jan-22
Gotta love the “fact checkers”. Where were they when Biden said you didn’t have to wear a mask anymore if you got vaccinated?! Haha

03-Jan-22
Many of Mallone's comments and claims have been debunked multiple times as Mike in CT has pointed out. No need to rehash them, just go and do the research.

I do love Rogan and listen to most of his podcasts. And in his conversation with Dr. Mallone I did find the discussion around "mass formation psychosis" interesting, but perhaps not in the way the good doctor intended.

As Dr. Mallone said, "when you have a society that has become decoupled from each other and has free-floating anxiety in a sense that things don't make sense, we can't understand it, and then their attention gets focused by a leader or series of events on one small point just like hypnosis, they literally become hypnotized and can be led anywhere...and one of the aspects of that phenomenon is that the people that they identify as their leaders, the ones typically that come in and say you have this pain and I can solve it for you...then they will follow that person. It doesn't matter whether they lied to them or whatever. The data is irrelevant."

Gee, ya think?

03-Jan-22
Dr Fauci claimed that Covaxin makers haven't applied for approval in the US when asked about it the other day. I'm just a rube out here in the masses and I knew that they had. There's no way he could not know.

His office later corrected that with a statement but it was such a simple question that it sends up red flags.

I don't know if Covaxin would be a good or bad thing to have available, just that bad info is easy to find from all sides.

03-Jan-22
All you have to do is look at history to determine that pharmaceutical corporations will never place your well-being as a higher priority than profits.

Also, why would anyone try to silence an argument they can easily defeat?

Anyone on the side of censorship clearly has zero understanding of history and the implications of such actions.

03-Jan-22
Where were they when Biden said you didn’t have to wear a mask anymore if you got vaccinated?!

Well, that's not really a "fact" but more of a recommendation. Probably would've been better if he had just said keep wearing your mask for now.

With that said, Biden has made plenty of dumb comments that have been flat out wrong and have been rebutted by the fact checkers (like if you get the vaccines you can't get COVID). The fact checkers and rebuttals from conventionally neutral sources (like the AP and Reuters) are there if you take the second to look for them and not just look at sources that confirm your biases.

03-Jan-22
Dr. Fauci is such a lightning rod now he should resign or be fired. His credibility is shot, which makes having an honest discussion that much more difficult.

03-Jan-22
"Remember, trust the science, these guys are the scientists!"

I rely on accurate and truthful data and then trust myself to make my own decisions. Only a fool relies on others to tell them how to act and think...

03-Jan-22
Mike from Connecticut, what is your opinion of him after listening to the podcast? Do you think he's the crazy guy that media has made him out to be? What do you think motivates him?

03-Jan-22
Straight shooter , he looks like James Brolin from Marcus Welby MD.

03-Jan-22

And this all fine too right? Nothing to see here, no big deal…

03-Jan-22
“ Gotta love the “fact checkers”.”

Mike, no offense intended as your quote fell right in line with my intended comment, but in all seriousness: if some were to not blindly follow information presented by an individual in a podcast but rather researched them and their claims to critically test the information presented before posting, threads like this would not exist.

Malone has done some incredible research and was one of many who advanced mRNA vaccine development, but he is also clearly a part of the COVID misinformation machine.

For those who care to do some addition research before doing to conclusions, there is an article in the Atlantic from August that is an interesting read on Malone. And while Wikipedia is not a reputable source in and of itself (in fact Malone’s wife was allegedly caught juicing his page), there are articles from other sources cited which further spell out his contribution to COVID misinformation.

Ironically, he has been guilty of reposting false information that fits his narrative, presumably without looking into whether it was true or not.

03-Jan-22

Whatthefoc's Link
Fact checking to see if the fact checkers have any conflict of fact checking interest. Malone seems to be correct on this one …

03-Jan-22
Dr. Mcculough is being maligned in some regards. Yea he is being sued but not because he claims to still be a 2 institutions but because that is what the media is saying. Not his problem. His claim of a certain # of people dying after getting the vaccine is medical study protocal. You administer a trial drug and that person dies they are linkedvto that drug until proven otherwise. The man is brilliant and his critiques that there was no attempt to keep covid peple out of hospitals using safe drugs designed for other illnesses was ill-advised. That these legal drugs were then dissed or outlawed seems criminal.

03-Jan-22

Matt's Link
"Fact checking to see if the fact checkers have any conflict of fact checking interest. Malone seems to be correct on this one …"

Did you even look at what you just posted, because it completely disproves the assertion you were trying to validate.

Thomson Reuter's current CEO is Steve Hasker and has been since February 2020. His predecessor James Smith is on Pfizer's board and remains affiliated with Thomson Reuters' non-profit philanthropy.

EDIT: Link to the Pfizer BOD page so you can read it for yourself: https://www.pfizer.com/people/leadership/board_of_directors/james_smith

03-Jan-22
Watched about an hour of this last night, but now it’s telling me it’s been blocked for copyright issues or some bull??.

03-Jan-22
"Wheres all the provaxers to tell us how Malone is wrong???"

why doesn't someone ask malone if he though mrna vaccines were so dangerous, why would he take one. if anyone should have known the risks from the very start, it would be him. after all he claims he invented them.

03-Jan-22
"What does Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak, Richard Branson have in common other than being billionaires and male? No college degree!"

All but Branson were college-educated however, regardless of whether they received degrees.

"Education and smart can fall short especially when it comes to critical thinking, analyzing complex issues, conceptual, or strategic thinking."

Are you suggesting the uneducated and dumb are better at it? ;-)

Education is not the end all, be all for sure (we all know educated idiots), and frankly in my career I felt that I used very little of what I studied in college and graduate school. But what I took away that benefited me the most was exactly the framework that you call into question above - the ability to think strategically and analyze complex issues (and to communicate the product of that analysis). We also learned how to research, think critically, develop means for reconciling conflicting information, and providing citations for backing up our work. I hate to say it, but reading these COVID threads it is clear that those skills are woefully lacking in many posters. There is a lot more to it than watching Youtube videos and podcasts.

03-Jan-22
Haha yeah everything is being censored on the social media sites so all we have to go on is these “fact” checkers. I guess it’s easy to “prove” something when it’s the only narrative allowed!

03-Jan-22
ryanrc, "Read this book and people will make more sense." -

The Righteous Mind, by Johnathon Haidt Another guy said he'd never read the book because Haidt is a lefty atheist

Every American should read this book and here's why. Through his clinical studies, Haidt has learned that leftists and conservatives brains react differently to our basic moral foundations. He also found that for the most part our differences are genetic, more than environmental. Conservatives value each of the 5 or 6 basic moral foundations exactly the same. Care, fairness, loyalty, authority and sanctity. He later added liberty/oppression.

The average leftist is consumed with care and fairness and has little or no concern with loyalty, authority and sanctity. Think about that. It starts to make sense. His studies showed 50-60% of the basic moral foundations that determines a moral existence is completely disregarded by the far left. I think he added the 6th foundation so he could show that leftists were at least 50% moral.

This is a fascinating book and even though it is written by a leftist, he inadvertently proves that the left is morally deficient and they can't really help it. I mean, if you have little or no regard for half of the basic moral foundations that determine who we are, then you obviously have some deficiencies. The left is consumed with care and fairness and they think everyone on the right are heartless bastards. The right values all of the moral foundations equally, which is why they think the left is basically immoral and out of touch with reality.

Do yourself a favor and read this book. It will completely change how you interact with those that you fundamentally disagree with.

03-Jan-22
But Fauci and Biden with all of their incorrect facts are still on YouTube and everywhere else…

03-Jan-22
I chose to not complete college and make more then the National average and do not have a student loan that rivals a home mortgage meanwhile my wife has two degrees makes less then me and has a loan to pay for probably the rest of her life. Yeah these educated folks are definitely what we should be listening to.

03-Jan-22
Also forgot to mention my wife has no idea how to put air in her car tire. Need I say more? Just pointing out that these highly intelligent “scientists “ are not the end all be all. Carry on.

03-Jan-22
Rocky, my “uneducated and dumb” comment was a joke - see the smiley face. I am making no judgement based on education, but my point was I do not think it is fair to dismiss its value out of hand.

I do however make judgements based on people’s willingness to post easily disprovable comments without any regard to whether it is true or not. To err is human, but some posters here serially lie and mislead.

You’ll need to ask those questions of a liberal to get an answer. Me? I am just interested in the getting to the truth. Now, if you think that the truth and honesty are uniquely liberal values…..

03-Jan-22
"What does Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak, Richard Branson have in common other than being billionaires and male?"

other than jobs, theyre all vaccinated.

03-Jan-22
A person should do an honest check on "fact checkers" thinking they are some omnipotent unbiased source of truth..... maybe go check on Snopes the crazy cat guy (used to be cat people.....) Or maybe just keep on listening to House Plant and the lil Fausi guy that was a hot mess on AIDS in the 80s and proven to blatantly lie about many aspects of covid, including it's origin. Where are the "official" fact checkers with them? Crickets.

There is a thing called common sense. If silent on blatant public lies from "authority"..... then they are not "fact checkers" of any kind, they are simply gate keepers for their masters. Most are not experts on ANYTHING much less everything. And 3 guesses who they go to for their "facts"? Mr. Fox, do you see anything wrong with the Hen House safety and security as was reported? "why no, security is optimal and at the highest level.... hens are safer now...." Cool. That's what we go with then.... Should be talking to the hens too IMO, but nobody sees the problem as they are conditioned now for blind unquestioned obedience. What did that big name youtuber say a while ago? Incredulous that people were asking covid questions "hey man, just do what they say, you don't even have to think about it...." cuz, you know.... thinking is soooo hard....

These folks above have been BANNED from speaking. Pretty much the point of this IMO. I for one would like to hear what EVERYONE says. You really only want "official" news and information then I guess China/Russia is on the right track for you, for your own good of course. (although remember, all the "official fact checkers" said the virus coming from a Chinese lab was misinformation and conspiracy theory, before slapped with REAL facts and evidence. Then more crickets...., not "correction, actually that was true" or even a "my bad, I'm sorry") You trust the Pfizer CEO to level with you? The same people who paid the highest criminal fines in history.... for LYING to people? House Plant et al? Big Tech "fact checkers" who when proven wrong never correct that wrong? Nor make any attempt to check those in charge when a 10 year old could tell you they are lying? "oh we're so sorry.... you were banned or deleted by accident...." then never put it back up. huh.

Red flags are flying high and flapping in the wind. Some can't even see them. Because, just do what they say man.... you don't even have to think about it man.....

03-Jan-22
Wah…wah…wah wah wah wah…good post Charlie Brown’s teacher.

03-Jan-22

rattling_junkie's Link
I think there is so much misinformation on both sides of the argument. I watched the Joe Rogan episode with Dr. Peter McCullough. He was very passionate and knowledgeable, but I wanted to see if someone had a counter argument. And by that I don't mean some "fact checker" page, which basically equates to a he-said-she-said argument. It seems the truth generally lies somewhere in the middle. I found some YouTube doctors that make a lot of sense, and really just try to think critically of the whole situation, which is what is needed more than ever.

03-Jan-22
All I know is I can’t wait to see what’s in store after Covid in a few months I’m on the edge of my seat.

03-Jan-22
Totalitarian Communism is the virus. Covid is just how they shove it up our backsides.

03-Jan-22
" And by that I don't mean some "fact checker" page, which basically equates to a he-said-she-said argument. "

I could buy that if it were a sole source that basically amounted to an opinion; many sources cited that have found flaws in Dr. McCullough's arguments however have direct quotes from very qualified specialists in infectious disease and immunology and that's quite a different story.

03-Jan-22
Mike,

You know as well as I that confirmation bias has become more important than true research and fact finding thru credible sources. It’s the lazy man’s source for their opinions, and it’s appalling to me. I suspect you feel the same way.

Matt

03-Jan-22
Mike and GG just don’t understand. The vaccine that Trump’s warp speed brought to the American people and the world is really just “totalitarian communism.” How can they not see that public health = communism. It’s so obvious.

Sincerely,

Communism Karen

03-Jan-22

Native Okie's embedded Photo
Native Okie's embedded Photo

04-Jan-22
The video linked at the top of the thread has been blocked on ScrewTube.

04-Jan-22

LINK's Link
I think this is the same one on Rumble.

04-Jan-22

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo
Good to see…

04-Jan-22
I found some YouTube doctors that make a lot of sense, and really just try to think critically of the whole situation, which is what is needed more than ever.

Kudos to you rattling_junkie, for seeking out multiple sides of the story. That is a great video you posted.

04-Jan-22
Easy to find highly credentialed people on opposite sides of about any big issue.

Often they are both right and both wrong

04-Jan-22
BEG X2. Rattling_junkie's link is a really good logical breakdown of the info/data that Malone provides from the Rogan podcast. It's refreshing when the video starts off by discussing his own biases.

04-Jan-22

Matt-6's Link
Watch "Corporate Media PANICS Over Joe Rogan Malone Podcast, Liberal Journalist QUITS Over INSANE Wokeness" on YouTube https://youtu.be/iXSlSKCSJn0

04-Jan-22
Here is the problem with Joe Rogan. 1.) he does an entertaining interview; 2.) he has zero understanding/knowledge specific to the fields of many he has on; 3.) He likes to have on guests who press buttons and make people do what this thread is doing; 4.) he sometimes has on legitimate guests in the health/nutrition realm...

All of this makes it seem very easy to love his guests and what people hear on his show.

But he also has an extreme volume of quacks on his show. Be it nutrition or covid or whatever... He platforms complete quacky grift hounds, often.

You put people who sound the part, but are pushing BS, on a very entertaining show listened/watched by millions, and you now have a ton of people hearing what they want.

As MikeInCT did, pretty much all of Malones commentary on Rogan was from quackville.

But Mike, nor anyone, could come on here and provide adequate info to validate that factual reality. Minds are made up. Malone fit what people wanted to hear, and now they are going back for drugs that dont work and standing back from a vaccine that does work.

It sucks.

It sucks because no matter how factually wrong he can be shown to be, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, no one who wants to believe his (or similar) commentary will believe it, because they dont WANT to.

And no, what I'm saying is NOT anti science because I'm "against questioning". I'm totally for questioning - as is the rest of the scientific community. There are standards to that questioning, there are ways to validate those questions and to assess their merit. If the questions are just a bunch of phoey, that's quickly identified and yes, cast aside easily. If a question has some legs it's investigated (HCQ/IVM - investigated like crazy, and not likely valuable, for C19), a lot, and those investigations are challenged and repeated. Does the data line up? Now more questions can be asked.

Science is not saying the opposite of the vast majority of the evidence because of an idea or ideology or what not. Science is a skeptic - it asks questions and seeks answers based on quality data and exploration. Science is not denialism or contrarianism - which is what Rogan tends to push on this topic for sure, and often on other health topics as well.

Just because someone says what you want to hear, doesnt make it right.

Be like Trump himself, get vaxed and boosted.

04-Jan-22

Here’s where to get the full podcasts, on the Spotify app from the app store
Here’s where to get the full podcasts, on the Spotify app from the app store
I would love to know how many people commenting on this thread actually listened to both of those podcasts in their entirety? Here’s another great one from Joe, the non expert interviewing a couple more experts.

04-Jan-22
I didn't need to listen to either podcast. I recognized both guests as loons whose Covid conspiracies and claims have been debunked hundreds of times by credible sources. Rogan appears to be the Jerry Springer of podcasts.

Matt

04-Jan-22
Why is one Dr. credible because he is a doctor and another doctor considered a loon?

04-Jan-22
Spike,

You ask the wrong question; credibility isn't predicated upon a title nor is it a given that the title implies it. Credibility of an opinion is solely based on how grounded it is in fact; if when empirically tested it passes.

As I listed above Dr. Malone lost credibility when he advanced misinformation as if it were irrefutable fact-period.

Let's turn your question around; why do you consider one doctor an authority and seek to deflect, if not discredit contrary opinions from those with equal or greater standing and experience?

I don't blindly accept anything; I research it and I look for both supporting and contrary positions, weigh the respective camps and see who has made their case with facts grounded in science.

I see on this thread and others who's burden of proof begins and ends with satisfaction of their personal point of view with no consideration given for whether that point of view has any basis in fact.

Sometimes that scares me more than this or any potential future pathogen; we can always find a vaccine or a treatment; we've yet to find the cure for apathy or blind bias.

04-Jan-22
"I see on this thread and others who's burden of proof begins and ends with satisfaction of their personal point of view with no consideration given for whether that point of view has any basis in fact.

Sometimes that scares me more than this or any potential future pathogen; we can always find a vaccine or a treatment; we've yet to find the cure for apathy or blind bias."

Well put

04-Jan-22
The whole podcast was fascinating. I'm already vaxed, but hesitant to Vax kids or do boosters. What I found most compelling about the podcast is:

1. The blatant censorship being participated in by big tech, in collusion with governmental agencies, and the media. We have always had good info and bad info to sift through, been that way forever, now we have censorship for elections, vacines, and climate change. What will be next? I believe that to be 100 percent factual.

2. In true government fashion, financial incentives push one solution and behaviors. You want a screwed up solution? Let a politician draft a bill, and line the pockets of those that favor them. America has a serious problem, called the house, senate and biden.

I could go into the doctor side, my dad had to demand the anti bodies. Guess his doc didn't get paid for that? I'm sure there are good ones and bad ones...but why wouldn't you push what you get paid for? They all have boat, and Lamborghini payments to make.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but short on time.

04-Jan-22
“I don't blindly accept anything; I research it and I look for both supporting and contrary positions, weigh the respective camps and see who has made their case with facts grounded in science.“

^^^THIS. It’s the totality or consensus in the data. Never one person opinion or data.

Grasshopper- you should watch the video linked in rattling_junkie post. It directly relates to your post.

04-Jan-22
Yeah, I'm sure Rogan and his guests aren't buying boats and Lambos. Confirmation bias sells these days. Facts don't, sadly.

Matt

04-Jan-22

Matt's Link
So many people think that people who push notions that are contrary to common convention are just good guys fighting the good fight and bringing to light corporate/government collusion. What they do not realize is that many of the COVID anti-vaxxers are part of a billion dollar industry based on misinformation.

04-Jan-22
Grasshopper x2

Who to trust? Seriously? Picking apart some folks on some things and completely giving a pass to those who have already knowingly lied to you such as Fauci and Biden? Trust those working for (or paid off by) a corporation (Pfizer) that was recently fined the highest criminal fines in HISTORY? For lying by the way. Entire music recording industry made about 24-25 billion globally last year. Pfizer, one company, made 33.5 billion off covid alone. Look at every corporate media outlet right now and check out who sponsors their news shows. Big Phama. Every one. But hey..... they really have your best interests and health at heart..... honest.

Individuals are individuals..... and some honestly do have your health and best interests at heart. And others just want more control, more power and more money. Lots of others. Many will lie for it. Others don't consider suppressing information lying. To "coordinate the message" don'cha know. Others justify lies with "it's for your own good". BS.

Who to listen to? Well, I want to hear them all. And use some common sense to sort it out. You know, don't put covid patients in old folks homes and such. Be told FL and TX were going to burn to the ground for opening up when they are miles ahead of others with far worse stats. I want to hear about natural immunities and therapeutics.... all of em. Not just the state approved ones. They lie about that too, calling drugs they KNOW have been safely taken by millions and millions of people over decades, horse dewormer. Can't just say "doesn't look like it helps much". Although..... when Fauci was given evidence of life saving therapeutics for AIDS in the 80s he pretty much said the same thing and it cost thousands of lives that could have been saved had he acted on it. His Big Pharma handlers told him to shelve it. Yeah... go with this Fauci.... who likely had at minimum a financial hand in developing this virus. Then lied about that too. But you really should put your faith in him and his crew. huh?

The list goes on and on. I don't want state sponsored north flippin' Korea censorship for some "official" government/corporate narrative. And that is what has been going on. If these people can be crapped on for what their opinions are..... I want Fauci and the CDC director and a whole bunch of others flushed for the same or worse. "Debunked" is one word. LYING to your face is another. You can't call out one and ignore the other.

Just a wild guess is these guys would gladly sit down with some of these other "experts" and have an open debate about many issues. My guess also is who it is not wanting to face to face debate any issues.....

04-Jan-22
Thank you Mike, Will (great post), Matt and KsFlatlander.

04-Jan-22
“Who to listen to? Well, I want to hear them all. And use some common sense to sort it out.“

You sure about that? You just go on general rants with the same ole theme. Never committing to anything specific. Just wah…wah…wah wah wah.

“Pfizer, one company, made 33.5 billion off covid alone. Look at every corporate media outlet right now and check out who sponsors their news shows. Big Phama. Every one. But hey..... they really have your best interests and health at heart..... honest.“

So what would you have proposed Barstool public health director? Big pharma not make vaccines or drugs to help fight Covid? For them not to get paid for it? I credit Trump’s warp speed and these companies for effective vaccines. Do you think the CDC, NIH, or the Trump administration should have said “ah screw it, give them placebos?”

“ Individuals are individuals..... and some honestly do have your health and best interests at heart. And others just want more control, more power and more money. Lots of others. Many will lie for it. Others don't consider suppressing information lying. To "coordinate the message" don'cha know. Others justify lies with "it's for your own good". BS.”

Who are the others? Who are the lying others and who are the good honest ones? Is Fauci controlling this big conspiracy all the way down to the lab technician? What about the medical community consensus and peer reviewed studies. They are all in the conspiracy with Fauci and big pharma? They are all in this together? And if lying is your big deal then how in the hell can you be such a Trumper? You give him a pass?

Same ole same ole wah wah wah. Lots of words…a big ole meaningless ramble. You should run for a political office.

04-Jan-22
Ryan,

Obviously I am not the first to point this out, but the same folks saying this is all a conspiracy also say these same folks are dumb as a box of rocks. Would proper critical thinking lead one to believe these are probably mutually exclusive?

05-Jan-22
Yup while all the mom and pops were shutting down and going out of business big pharma, Amazon, Walmart, Facebook, etc were making more money then ever. Add the Fed propping up the stock market and making big corporations stocks hit all time highs which in turn made companies like JP Morgan and Blackrock a fortune. Ain’t it funny how all that worked out!

05-Jan-22
Spike- Don’t forget about all the PPP loans (that were forgiven) and unemployment money handed out. You know, the Trump socialism communism stuff. The single biggest socialism spend in American history by any president.

05-Jan-22
KS but we are now paying for it in the form of inflation. My healthcare, auto insurance, home insurance, Fmla, gas, and every other bill is now higher. Brett, with all the nice handouts we had people not work making more then people going to work. Now the Dems want to extend the child payments to people even if they make 150k a year. Something is brewing in the near future and we will soon find out.

05-Jan-22
Brett- I completely agree. I don't think Trump really had a choice. He had to prevent collapse of the economy.

My post was a bit of sarcasm with all this "socialism communism" chanting that goes on around here. It is just so ironic that some posters who chant "socialism communism" fear tactics focus on the "left" or "liberals" incessantly seem to be the same ones crying about companies making capitalism profits.

OP...the vaccines matter regardless of how you slice it (public health, economy, jobs, ect.).

Spike- Please tell us what the major driver for inflation is currently?

05-Jan-22
Brett,

According to Powell, the feds will be done buying bonds (printing money) in March. And most financial analysts expect at least 2, maybe 3, rate hikes in 2022. I don't think BBB has much to do with it. If history repeats, stock prices will take a hit, especially growth stocks that have benefited the most from low interest rates. It could be another great investing opportunity, like 2020 was, if you have some spare cash available, IMO.

Matt

05-Jan-22

05-Jan-22
Inflation is a complicated issue. I work in supply chain and have seen over the road trans costs increase north of 20% in some instances. What driving it? fuel?

Somewhat but very little of it is fuel. The days of Amazon and other local delivery services offer good pay and the ability to stay at home every night. Amazon drivers are 1099 contractors and they start at $18 per hour and make up to $25 and don’t require a CDL. Just in the last few years truck drivers didn’t make much more than that hauling hazardous waste. How many young people do you know are going to work over the road trucking?

Additionally the stimulus kept many at home vs going to work which has kept out economy lagging.

06-Jan-22
Brett,

We agree, fed monetary policy could become highly political with mid-terms coming up. That said, the overwhelming majority of financial analysts I've been reading predict the feds will raise rates at least 2 times in 2022, which wouldn't break my heart because a market hit would be a nail in the current administration's coffin.

I'm taking long term stock gains off the table as we speak in preparation for that possibility. By mid-summer stocks may be on sale again, and I want fresh powder available to take advantage of it. I've been wrong before, though.

Matt

06-Jan-22
Brett,

If by "people" you mean financial advisors, I have none. I've always done my own investing. Trading stocks has been a hobby of mine since retiring 15 years ago. My investing goals revolve more around preservation than growth at this point.

Like you, I've done well on both EV and oil since the Covid crash. Companies like F, STOR, AVNT, and of course AAPL have also been good to me. I'm just not sure how long this bull run can last. Valuation multiples are higher than I can recall. The last decade has produced market returns that were well over historical averages. I read that the S&P's extraordinary returns for the last 10 years was a 1 in 15 decade event. That screams "BUBBLE" to me. We'll see. Like I said, I've been wrong before, but my investing gut is usually right more often than not.

Matt

07-Jan-22
Senator Rand Paul "stopped by" the Dan Bongino radio show yesterday and mentioned something that floored me. The Senator claimed that he knows there are labs that have worked with/tested viruses that have a 50% death rate!

The Senator brought this up to illustrate his support for an "anti-bioweapon" treaty similar to a non-proliferation treaty for nuclear weapons. He says our technology and capabilities warrant it moving forward especially viewing the lingering effects of corona virus socially and economically.

07-Jan-22
Bad news: One of the people deciding on vaccine mandates informed us there are 100,000 kids in serious condition with Covid and many on ventilators. I was under the impression that it was similar or slightly milder than the flu for kids.

Thank you Justice Sotomayor

• Sitka Gear