yooper89 07-Jan-22
drycreek 07-Jan-22
txhunter58 07-Jan-22
txhunter58 07-Jan-22
Scrappy 08-Jan-22
07-Jan-22

JL's Link
Hello Texas........

""Published 5 hours ago Californians fleeing for Texas so fast U-Haul runs out of trucks for them: report California and Illinois saw the largest net-loss of U-Haul trucks""

A new report from U-Haul found that migration to southern states continued throughout the pandemic, with Texas being the top destination.

"Gone to Texas" was such a well-known phrase during early migrations to the state that people simply carved "GTT" on trees or fence posts when they headed west from the young United States. Now a highway version of "GTT" is underway, but it's headed from west to east: California and Illinois ranked as the states with the greatest one-way net loss of U-Haul trucks, and most of that traffic appears to have gone to Texas and Florida.

So many Californians are leaving the once Golden State that the moving giant says it ran out of wheels for them to rent.

Texas ranked as top in the pre-pandemic years, most notably 2016-18, falling to Florida in 2019 and Tennessee in 2020, but the Lone Star State has now reclaimed its top spot.

"The Texas economy is growing fast," stated Kristina Ramos, U-Haul Company of South Austin president. "With a strong job market and low cost of living, it’s a no-brainer. Texas doesn’t have an income tax, so families get more for their money."

alifornia’s net loss was not as significant as it was in 2020, but here's the kicker: U-Haul says that was partially due to the fact that the company "simply ran out of inventory to meet customer demand for outbound equipment."

"We see a lot of growth coming from the East and West Coast," said Matt Merrill, U-Haul Area District Vice President of the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex and West Texas. "A lot of people moving here from California (and) New York. We also see a lot of people coming in from the Chicago markets."

"I think that’s a lot due to the job growth – a lot of opportunity here," Merill argued. "The cost of living here is much lower than those areas. Texas is open for business."

07-Jan-22
The only problem is the people fleeing California bring the same political values with them

07-Jan-22
Ya kinda hope not. Some new Cali's moved in by the bro's place in Montana. They are Repubs that fled from Cali. Hopefully for Texas....that is what the new arrivals are.

07-Jan-22
The people I know who left are glad they did.

07-Jan-22
Quite few CA companies have moved their HQ’s there, probably not enough to turn the state purple over time but might eventually fall under the category of “be careful what you wish for, because you might get it”.

07-Jan-22
Didn't the Cali's that moved/moving to Austin, changed/changing Austin's once conservative political views !

07-Jan-22

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
We occupied one of the Illinois U-Hauls in 2019. But just headed to NW Indiana. Did Texas in the 80’s no thanks.

07-Jan-22
I’ll bet most Californians are headed straight to Austin and Houston.

07-Jan-22
Yes they did Greg. I’m pretty damn cynical about people from blue states moving here. My opinion is that we don’t need them. I know some are good folks with good values, but I think the majority of them are moving here for financial purposes and bring their politics with them. At any rate, the state is already too crowded for my tastes and has way too many liberals. Trump should have built the wall completely around Texas.

07-Jan-22
It worries me….

07-Jan-22
I hear places like Nevada are getting more liberal with CA transplants

08-Jan-22
Californians are like roaches, they infest everywhere and bug the crap out of everyone.

• Sitka Gear