11-Jan-22

cnelk's Link
And they haven’t even been ‘re-introduced’ yet

See link

11-Jan-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

11-Jan-22
I hope this gets shared with every moron, yes moron, that voted for wolves.

11-Jan-22
I think the first official pack should be re introduced into down town Denver, give them exactly what they voted for

11-Jan-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Signage in North Park. A popular recreation area for the liberals of the Front Range

11-Jan-22
Is anyone surprised?

11-Jan-22
About as surprised as there will be another booster shot recommended.

11-Jan-22
Damn, I didn’t need to see that picture. I think my little dog has been killed by yotes. I have five of my eighty acres fenced with hog wire but he has found some place to get out and lately has been taking midnight excursions to my son’s house about 300/400 yards from me. We’ve only had him about fourteen months, just came up to our house and we took care of him.

Sorry for the hijack cnelk…….

11-Jan-22
I was in the Stockman bar in Walden last year and some guys where telling me about regularly seeing wolves NE of Walden.

11-Jan-22
Another sad aspect is under Federal protection you can't legally shoot a wolf unless it's endangering HUMAN life. So if you are walking Fido on a leash and a wolf attacks, you cannot legally protect Fido by harming the wolf.

11-Jan-22
This situation has been played out in several states. Usually resulting in ranchers and farmers utilizing the three s's.

11-Jan-22
They wanted to re-introduce wolves into the Catskills here in NYS. "Who wouldn't want to sit back on an Adirondack chair at night and listen the howl of the pack." That is what they were saying to invoke nostalgia and promote tourism. When the pack hunts down your pets and your children, you can wax nostalgic cradling their bloody corpses. So sorry to hear the loss of those dogs.

11-Jan-22
This pack gets a lot of resources keeping tabs on it. If a local up there decides to handle it, it likely turns into a giant issue.

11-Jan-22
I'd kill every mother f-ing one I see legal or not if they ate my dog

11-Jan-22
Kill the wolf.

11-Jan-22
CPA hunter, obvioiusly you do not live in the UP,,,, the problem is being solved every day,,,,, waiting for the politicians is a waste of time

11-Jan-22
I'll kill every wolf I encounter out there.

12-Jan-22
Everyone should check the Wisconsin DNR website under wolf depredation to see how much of this is happening.

13-Jan-22
Groundhunter-I was careful how I worded what I wrote. NE MN is overrun with wolves.

13-Jan-22
Wow that Wisconsin Wolf depredations interactive map is pretty wild! Is there one for Minnesota I wonder?

13-Jan-22
That Wisconsin map is crazy! Since 2013 there's been 100 hunting dogs killed in zone one alone.

15-Jan-22
SSS Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.

15-Jan-22
The wolf season in Wisconsin was open 48 hours lithos past February and they killed 141 wolves. Either we’re pretty damn good hunters, or Thiers a real bad wolf problem. It’s transformed are north woods whitetail woods into barren wastelands

15-Jan-22
Why shovel.

15-Jan-22
They brought mountain lions to Florida to hopefully breed with the remaining few Florida panthers and all they did was kill the panthers and start a new mountain lion population here. Now we have gigantic cats running around eating everything. Crazy how stupid biologists can be. Sorry to hijack, but y’all aren’t alone in the stupid game departments club

19-Jan-22
For those that missed it, wolves targeted cattle again on the same ranch they did in December. Injured two, one had to be put down. Thats three attacks in less than a month.

20-Jan-22
Bou said “why shovel?”

… just habit, I suppose. I’ve been through a few bad breakups.

20-Jan-22
"Why shovel"? Makes it harder for them to find the embedded GPS chip to use as evidence when you go to trial.

20-Jan-22
Maybe they should put ‘em in a kayak and send them downstream like in Yellowstone..................(the series- not the park! ;-)

20-Jan-22
Your not going to stop the reintroduction of wolves, lesson learned from other states. So the objective is to work with the DNR amd institute control methods(hunting season) . The fuck you no wolves attitude is a loosing strategy guys. Embrace the wolves as long as they have a season in place. You can swear and threaten all you want and your still going to have wolves, so figure out a better plan of attack. The non hunting public wants to see/ hear wolves in the wild, and there is a hell of lot more of them then us.

20-Jan-22
I want to see wolves in the wild as well. But there's a difference in the type of "wild" where a coyote and mule deer can fit and the type of "wild" where wolves and grizzlies can fit. Sadly, Colorado isn't that type of wild any more.

No, we aren't reversing the wolf vote any time soon but being honest about wolves is still the right thing while we also figure out how to best deal with the reality that we are stuck with them.

• Sitka Gear