APauls 31-Jul-23
Old Bow 31-Jul-23
Old Bow 31-Jul-23
Beav 02-Aug-23
28-Jul-23

Matt's embedded Photo
Matt's embedded Photo
Let’s start it off.

I don’t usually post pictures of my kills here, but I had an experience this past week which compelled me to start a thread.

The Bowsite was formed some time in the 1990’s and I believe I have been on here since 1998 or so. Over those years I’ve hunted with a ton of guys I met here (MHH-centric mostly) and PM’ed with a lot of guys. Years ago I had a Bowsiter with the handle BOHNTR offer some help with a mulie tag I drew.

Fast forward 10+ years and this past week I found myself in camp with him and his wife.

Despite the ridiculousness this site has devolved to, here were two guys with a love of bowhunting sharing stories and helping one another out in the field. I was fortunate to fill my tag before he did and he is still at it, but I wanted to post this to demonstrate an example of the relationships that have been formed because of this site.

There are a few guys who seem hell-bent on division, but I hope this will remind some guys we have more in common than we realize - and I wish my newfound friend the best of luck in filling his tag.

Sorry that I do not have a better picture, but this buck died in a bad spot late in the day and I was more focused on getting him packed out before dark.

Good luck to all of you this season!

28-Jul-23
Congratulations. I’ve met some great guys through this site. Focus on the positive

28-Jul-23
Well done Matt! Thanks for sharing.

28-Jul-23

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
What?!? That’s it and I thought we were friends….Lol Great Buck amigo…

28-Jul-23
Congratulations

28-Jul-23
Outstanding, Matt! I agree, some of my best friends have come from this site. Well done, man!

28-Jul-23
Great buck

28-Jul-23
Beautiful blacktail! I agree with but bowsite is really another social media outlet. I have gotten great advice and entertainment with some write ups on here. But you do have to weed through other stuff just like all social media

28-Jul-23
Great blacktail thanks for sharing and congratulations!

28-Jul-23

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
Beautiful buck, Matt! It was a great week with you up there in Kali land.

I got real lucky and let the air out of an old buck with a unique antler configuration. Will be my first P&Y Columbian. Thanks for all the good times, amigo!

28-Jul-23
Yesss! That’s awesome guys. Happy to this

29-Jul-23
Congrats to you both! Hopefully threads like this become the norm heading into bow season.

29-Jul-23
Congrats to you both! Sweet bucks!

29-Jul-23
Nice bucks. Congrats!

29-Jul-23
Nice!

Congratulations guys

Thanks for sharing

29-Jul-23
Nice work you two!! Congrats!

29-Jul-23
Very nice Men!!!

29-Jul-23
Congrats to both Matt and Roy...for the nice blacktails and sharing memories in the field!

"Years ago I had a Bowsiter with the handle BOHNTR offer some help with a mulie tag I drew.'

BOHNTR also offered some help with a mulie tag I drew in 2020. We both tagged out early in that hunt and he stopped by my camp to visit with his wife and son. Great guy...great family of bowhunters!

29-Jul-23
Congrats guys. Some of my best friends are because of Pat and this site. I don’t know if that’s good or bad? ;)

29-Jul-23
Congrats to both of you. I have met and hunted with some great guys on here.

It is hard to believe how long many of us have been checking in here now.

29-Jul-23
Great bucks, guys! Congrats!

I've met and hunted with several guys on here as well. In fact, we're in the process of setting up a bear hunt for spring of '25 right now. Going to fill up the entire camp!

29-Jul-23
Congrats on some great bucks!

29-Jul-23
Congrats on the bucks, as well as camaraderie shared! Like others have stated, I have made a lot of friendships and have gotten to know, meet as well as hunt with bunch of guys that I’ve met through Bowsite, and hopefully will get to share camp and break bread with many more. I can’t imagine a better place to share experiences, garner information about products, places, how-tos, etc. as well as plethora of other topics (as well as busting a few chops).

29-Jul-23
Bowsite was started in 1996, 27 years ago. Thx Pat…

Congrats guys. Both Matt and Roy have helped me as well. In fact every hunt I go on is related to someone on Bowsite. Without these friends I would be wondering aimlessly through the game of life.

29-Jul-23
I’ve met and hunted with great people on this site…and also t-roy! I kid I kid :)

Always enjoyed catching up with you at Sheep Show, Matt. And Roy probably doesn’t remember but he helped me on a DIY high country mule deer hunt I did in Colorado about a dozen years ago. The bowhunting circle is a small one for sure. Great bucks, you two!

Some of my closest friends and hunting partners have come from connections made on this site. And i look forward to meeting and hunting with more Bowsiters in the future.

29-Jul-23
That is awesome Roy, great Buck….

29-Jul-23
Great deer Roy !

Hopefully I can add to this thread in November

29-Jul-23
Well done!

I totally agree also.

29-Jul-23
Congratulations to the both of you on a great hunt and fantastic bucks! ??

29-Jul-23
Great bucks gentlemen, congratulations!!

29-Jul-23
Well done gents! A couple great Columbian blacktails this week. Very happy for you both!

30-Jul-23
Great bucks to get it started guys! Can’t wait to hunt them not once but twice next year!

30-Jul-23
Congrats you 2.--------->

Good luck, Robb

30-Jul-23
I'm not surprised you did not take a better photo. lol

Beautiful buck. I'm glad you ended the drought. Congrats to you and BOHNTR.

30-Jul-23
Looks tasty Matt

30-Jul-23
Nice bucks congrats

30-Jul-23
Two nice bucks. Congrats!

30-Jul-23
Ahhhhh………..refreshing!

30-Jul-23
Agree with others, couple really nice bucks!!

30-Jul-23
Great post!!! Congratulations on a few fine looking animals.

30-Jul-23

Matt's embedded Photo
Matt's embedded Photo
Congrats to Roy and thanks to all those who posted. Except Ike (aka Lt. Dangle). ;-)

30-Jul-23

Old Bow 's embedded Photo
 Old Bow 's embedded Photo
West of Maxwell Ca.

30-Jul-23
Good gravy! What a buck,, congratulations to everyone on the blacktail board.

30-Jul-23
Congrats fellas, beatiful deer. Huntin So Cal, havent seen a buck yet. And its toastie.

31-Jul-23
Awesome job guys! Congrats! Columbia Blacktail is next up on my quest for a deer slam, hopefully I can kill one half as nice as those. Great bucks for a couple great guys!

31-Jul-23
Great post, Matt!

Dandy bucks for sure Matt and Roy! Congratulations!

That’s one hell of a N. Cal buck there as well Old Bow!

Been poking around on the Bowsite since the 90’s myself. Still a great place to talk about bowhunting and read some awesome hunt recaps. Definitely have met a lot of great people on the Bowsite over the years. Tried to help out a few guys here and there with my limited knowledge and advice when I could. Have gotten some amazing help from several here over the years.

31-Jul-23
Congrats Fellas! What a great and refreshing thread! Almost like it's almost hunting season. Need the "silent majority" to take back bowsite!

31-Jul-23
Treeline that wasn’t my buck , but I heard it was a hunter from Arizona. Those bucks grow big in those Orchards just west of Maxwell.

31-Jul-23
Treeline that wasn’t my buck , but I heard it was a hunter from Arizona. Those bucks grow big in those Orchards just west of Maxwell.

02-Aug-23
Great post Matt! Both are damn fine bucks. This to me is what Bowsite is all about. Like so many have said, I too have met so many great people from Bowsite and consider several of them some of my closest friends.

• Sitka Gear