Paul@thefort 15-Jan-16
writer 15-Jan-16
INDBowhunter2 15-Jan-16
Mt. man 15-Jan-16
Iowa_Archer 15-Jan-16
20-Dec-15

INDBowhunter2's embedded Photo
After following Paul's goose hunting threads for the last couple years, decided to try it for myself this year.

20-Dec-15

This was my 4th attempt over the last couple weeks. Sometimes the geese show up here, sometimes they don't. I'd say 50/50 this time of year.

This morning about 30 flew in in 3 different groups and landed on the pond. This is a campground that closes for the winter so they let me bowhunt geese after they close for the year.

Geese were blind shy and I think they would have swam right up but hung back near the bank but wouldn't come on land.

20-Dec-15

After about an hour of calling a bit they began to come up onto the bank, but still keeping a good distance. Finally a small group fed away from the larger group and in my direction. They didn't come into the decoys but by-passed within shooting range........

20-Dec-15

This may be an early winter ritual for awhile.......

20-Dec-15
Awesome. That looks like it would be more exciting than hunting deer out here in the northeast. I would love to try that. Congrats on the goose.

20-Dec-15
That would be different ! Congrats !

22-Dec-15
Hey Bryan, that is great. Sure does add another bow hunting season.

I just returned from California but hope to get back out and try my goose spot again.

My best, Paul

22-Dec-15
Congrats Bryan! "Trying something new always keeps the spirit young!"

Lookk forward to the sequel Paul!

Mark

22-Dec-15
Good job! And it looks like the pack out was not to bad either!

22-Dec-15
I see a playground in the background of one picture. Not judging... I actually like the way you are thinking outside of the box

22-Dec-15
David-Tndeer,

It is a campground that is closed for winter. There's a playground, pool, campers, etc there but no one around until March. Hope that clears it up, the owners also don't like the geese there due to all the goose crap everywhere.

22-Dec-15
Wasn't making fun. I once leased 20 acres of hunting land behind a Kroger. Shot some decent bucks on it.

22-Dec-15
Bryan, go get another one. I will be out trying again in the morning for my 8th hunt.

Paul

15-Jan-16
Any more goose luck? I have pulled my blind and decoys for the season. Paul

15-Jan-16
Man, what a great way to keep bowhunting after most seasons close...and those geese are bigger than the deer in Alabama! :-)

15-Jan-16
Haven't hunted since killing the one before Christmas. The campground is basically across the road from the house so I drive by at least 2 times a day and there haven't been any birds back since I killed this one.

Thought it would have a little more activity but not so and its frozen over now.

15-Jan-16
Way cool, I wish some of the places that are over run with geese here in SW Idaho would open it up for that. I'd be all over it, but for now I will be laying on my back out in a corn stubble field...LOL.

15-Jan-16
Great stuff...this urban bow hunting for geese, I love reading these threads!

But what I really think you guys need is a new camo pattern that has picnic tables and swing sets in it! Those dumb geese will never see it coming! :)

• Sitka Gear