Contributors to this thread:
loesshillsarcher 06-Sep-16
Charlie Rehor 06-Sep-16
Eagle_eye_Andy 06-Sep-16
loesshillsarcher 06-Sep-16
t-roy 06-Sep-16
dm/wolfskin 06-Sep-16
06-Sep-16
I am relatively new when it comes to dove hunting. I found that doves fly quite a bit less when wind comes up. I limited the first day and the next two saw little action but it was considerablely windy the last two days, at maybe 20 mph. Do you dove hunters find this to be true. I guess I prefer sunny and no wind days at this point.

06-Sep-16
I had pretty good wind last week on opening day and limited my shots to when the doves were flying into the wind. Averaged one kill for every four shots! Humbling but great fun!

06-Sep-16
i haven't noticed differences in dove flights with increased wind. But we notice that hunting feeding areas consecutively can tend to decrease opportunity faster than hunting water in the evenings. Something about a windmill or stock pond that doves will just commit suicide getting to.

06-Sep-16
Thanks Andy. Thanks Charlie. 1 of 4 is about my average also. lol. Hunt feeds in morn and eve, water midday??

06-Sep-16
Those little buggers are hard to hit for sure.

Reminds me of a couple lines I read in a hunting magazine years ago. A guy was discussing how his dove hunt went with his friend.

"I killed four out of the first box of shells,...then I just kind of lost my touch!

06-Sep-16

• Sitka Gear