stick n string 06-Feb-18
APauls 06-Feb-18
Mark Watkins 06-Feb-18
03-Feb-18

stick n string's embedded Photo
One Happy Lab
One Happy Lab
Was supposed to be in Elk County Pennsylvania this weekend enjoying a cabin with a fireplace and elk out back with my wife for her birthday. All was good until noon friday, 4 hours before our departure when my 7 year olds school nurse called, Lily had a fever of 101.5 degrees. So plans changed, we are staying home!!!(A couple phone calls and the guy renting us the cabin whom i've never met, allowed us to reschedule FOR FREE for two weekends from now, which i did not expect but am very grateful for).

So here we are, at home, no meal prepared as we were to eat out tonight. Momma bear is takin care of the youngin, so daddy bear has dinner duty. I just happen to have sone fresh goose from last saturday, tso generals it is!!!

Breasts cubed, soaked in milk over night(dont ask me why, i cant give you a reason other than ive read to do so sonewhere). Flour/bread crumbs/salt/pepper in a bowl, beaten egg in another, seasoned breadcrumbs in the last. Douse good in flour bowl, coat with egg and then push into breadcrumbs with some authority! Then onto a cookie rack for an hour or so to A) let the nuggest soak in the flour and B) let the whole pieces of meat warm up to room temp.

Start the general tso's sauce in one pan, deep fry the nuggets in another and in the third pan, cheater chicken fried rice right out of an instant packet. Daddy bear isnt high maintenance and the rice aint the focus of the dish...;^)

End result???....God bless America and the freedoms/blessings we have, thats what. Goodness is it fantastic. My wife absolutely loved it. My 4 year old at plain goose nuggets, which i was a little unsure of but after the first bite, she said "dad, i dont like it....I LOVE IT" and gobbled em up. Love that kid. Truth be told, the sauce was missing just a little some kinda twamg that i cant put my finger on, but still was awesome. The nuggets are great, no "game" and zero toughness. I cant suggest enough for you guys to give this a shot. Paul, you are the BowGooseKiller of all killers of goose with the bow, i know you got some breast in ur freezer just waiting to be put to good use, you gotta try it if you havent yet.

The ONLY downside, is that i ate one full plate and though normal meals that would be my initial warning shot to all else eating with me, tonight thats where it ended. Its heavy, i feel heavy and im not sure how athletic i will be later if the chance to be athletic shall arise. Remember, this was supposed to be a romantic weekend that we looked forward to for a couple weeks now... I do promise though, if that opportunity presents itself, i will perservere and succeed. For my bowsite brethren..;^)

Pics below. One of the post hunt lineup and then a couple of the meal. Thanks for checkin it out and please, if you come across some goose, turkey, pheasant or some other kind of wild bird breast, give it a shot. If you like chinese food, itll give you and ur fam a lil twist for dinner and you will love it!

03-Feb-18

Sautee the green onion, garlic and strip of orange peel
Sautee the green onion, garlic and strip of orange peel
Sauce is thickening while last batch of nuggets cooks
Sauce is thickening while last batch of nuggets cooks
Finished product.(Dad on dish duty too, so eating on not-so-fine china tonight)
Finished product.(Dad on dish duty too, so eating on not-so-fine china tonight)

03-Feb-18
Sounds good, just has some General Tso's gator last weekend!! Shawn

03-Feb-18
Thats awesome Shawn! Curious, whats gator taste like? Is it seafood-ish? Dumb question maybe, but cant picture it

03-Feb-18

stick n string's Link
Heres the sauce recipe i use

03-Feb-18
Nope as long as it is the loin part of the tail it is very mild and to me it taste like a combo of mild code and chicken. It is excellent!! Shawn

03-Feb-18
Wow! That’s a pile of geese! The recipe sounds and looks delicious too!

03-Feb-18
When we did a lot of goose hunting we used to filet the breasts, cut them in strips and then marinate them in Italian dressing and then stir fry them. It was really good.

If I had some goose I'd try your recipe stick, it looks delicious.

03-Feb-18
Looks great, I'll give it a try!

04-Feb-18
Looks delicious, Justin! I've been wanting to try goose hunting with my bow. Might have to look into it a little more after reading this...now I'm hungry!!

04-Feb-18
Josh, disclaimer on that hunt we werent using bows. I have done it a few times and have gotten a couple with my bow, its fun. I hunted water though, and though it was a pond that makes it super easy to hide naturally and without a blind, you lose a lot of surface area of a goose when its in the water. Or it sure looks like it anyway when ur trying to bury a pin on one... i think Paul does it right. If you can do it on dry land, thats the best way to do it.

04-Feb-18
Just had General Tso wild turkey breast last week. Family really loved it.

05-Feb-18
Justin!! Ummm....BOWSITE?!?! Lmao! :-D

Definitely want to give your recipe a try....I've been told the only thing fit to eat from a goose is jerky, but some folks also told me the only good part on a deer was the bologna! No joke!

05-Feb-18
Canada goose is excellent! I've eaten it many ways and have liked them all. I'll have to give this a try!

05-Feb-18
Justin....................................save some of that goosemeat until I can get down there in the Spring! ;-)

Just curious.........................................in that recipe it says to "double fry" the nuggets. Did you double fry them? I'm thinking maybe not due to the game meat.............................

05-Feb-18
Perry, I did not, but it was more due to doing everything nyseof and i mistimed a few of the steps, so some of the stuff was done to early and i didnt want it to get cold. The other reason was the family being ready to eat. I had a two little anklebiters pushin me along....

05-Feb-18
LOL! But I'm thinking you probably did the right thing. Double frying might be too much on that lean game meat....................................might dry it out.

05-Feb-18
Looks great Justin, I have to give that a try with some wild turkey.

05-Feb-18
Good stuff..... Going to have to give this a try. Like your "hunt" recap as well;)

06-Feb-18
I was almost afraid to open this one.

06-Feb-18
Lol. It took longer to get to that one than i expected. And let the record show fuzz, you were scared to, but you did. Just took a little time....lol

06-Feb-18
Man that looks good!

06-Feb-18
Sweeeet! Congrats!!

Mark

• Sitka Gear