bow shot 24-Feb-08
Gusto 24-Feb-08
bcbowhunter 25-Feb-08
bow shot 25-Feb-08
Gusto 25-Feb-08
bow shot 25-Feb-08
bcbowhunter 26-Feb-08
20-Feb-08
Reading along I just read a few people using the No Peep but didn't really say anything about them. I'm just curious, of those of you who have tried them or are now using them what are your honest feelings?

20-Feb-08
I used one for about 5 years. I liked it for low light conditions. and hand torque issues.

I currently do not use it due to I am more accurate with an actual peep. I was accurate with the No-Peep but I find that I am more accurate with a regular string peep.

You can't go wrong with it, I still have it and a new bow and it may go on the new bow if I start to have any grouping issues.

Good Luck

BC

21-Feb-08
One of the most valuable accessories on my bow. They take a little bit of effort to set up but once its set I've never had to move it again. It's worth its weight in gold in the treestand where it will tell you for sure if you're bending at the waist or have anything torqued. It also shows up in low light way better than any peep and is every bit as or more accurate than a peep. I love mine and would highly recommend it.

21-Feb-08
I'll never use a string peep ever again. I love the no-peep.

21-Feb-08
I've been using a No-Peep for 3 years. I've had it on two bows and has made me a better shot. I don't always have to look anymore but it'll never come off.

21-Feb-08
Yes, they can take a while to set up. I like to do it over a week...and adjust it each day to get a really good, natural draw/anchor point. But I went to one 'cause my in-string peep drove me nuts...seems it'd get into the eye just about two days before the opener. That and my eyes aren't what they used to be. In the end, between the no-peep and fiber pins....I can still see past legal shooting light (no I don't shoot past that) so that is more than enough. And I see no notable difference in groups at my traditional yardages (0-40yd) between a peep and no-peep. I do find that after shooting for some time I don't even need to check the no peep for 20yd or so shots. In either case....if I screw up the shot, its usually me or some other reason, definitely not the no peep. So long as I do my part...the no peep does its part.

21-Feb-08
the best way I found to set one up is to draw your bow with ur eyes closed and get settled in on your anchor point and the most comfortable but proper form. Pay the greatest attention to hand torgue, leave hand looses. then open ur eyes and see where the no-peep is at and adjust ......a tiny adjustment is all it takes to move it. and then repeet it until u can draw your bow with ur eyes closed and get a constant anchor point and the no-peep is lined up. It may not every single time but most.

start up close to the target due to your sights are gonna be way of left to right. get them in line left to right and your distance should still be the same. Good luck.

21-Feb-08
bcbowhunter has it right! I love mine and my son and I and now my daughter have used one for about 8 years.

21-Feb-08
I've used a No-Peep for about 9 years now. Works good - lasts long time......

~Troy

21-Feb-08
A fantastic and very important part of all my bows

21-Feb-08
Guys, I have one on my bow. I just got it. It did take me some time to get it working. My only problem is, when I am ready to sight it in. I am going to have a problem with my site pins. It seems that the no peep is going to be in the way. I have moved it up, down, put it on the front and the back of the bow. Still the same. I am shooting in my basement at 8 yds. It has been to stinken cold to shoot outside. I am liking the thing, any help.

21-Feb-08
the No Peep is good but the Bow Anchor Site is better. its worth the extra $$.

21-Feb-08
i'm new this year to bow hunting and use a string peep and i am very accurate with it but would like to know what this no peep thing is.

21-Feb-08
A no-peep is a lense with a black dot painted on it. Then in front of the lense, contained in a cylinder is a green fiber optic. The fiber optic creates a green dot in the lense and when you have the bow perfectly aligned the green glowing dot from the fiber optic forms a halo around the black painted dot. It takes some tinkering to get them to line up but once you have it set up it will show any small discrepancies in your form because as you move or torque the bow the green dot will drift out of alignment with the black dot. It works fantasic and creates a very consistent anchor and form.

21-Feb-08
thanks timbow do you line up the dot with the pin on your sight?

21-Feb-08
No, it's completely separate from your sight, kind of like a level except it works differently. You don't aim through it. You set it up so its in your peripheral vision either right above or right below your sight when you're looking at your pins. Then, like a level, when its lined up you know the bow is not torqued.

21-Feb-08
I eliminated my torque problem with it and viola, I can see at dusk and dawn again without looking thru PEEPS. I would recommend using a kisser button to maintain anchor point though. I wonder if you could install a really large peep and utilize the no peep and the peep simultaneously. Any takers?? Would a 1/4" work?

22-Feb-08
Try shooting with out any kind of peep. A peep cost me a B&C class buck in 88 and I haven't used a peep since, just a kisser.

22-Feb-08
Boris: do you have a REALLY high or low anchor?

23-Feb-08
Bow shot, I anchor on my jaw bone. So, I would say yes to the high anchor.

23-Feb-08
hmmm...that's no crazy high though, like directly under you eye, or really low, like in the middle of your neck. Are you sure that you've mounted it according to the instructions?

23-Feb-08
I have been using one for about 8 years and will not go back to a peep. Your anchor point is where ever you want it, you adjust the no peep to fit your needs. Mine is right where it was when I was using a peep. I takes a little time to set it up, but with mine once set I never hae to adjust it unless I take it off my bow. It has improved my form so much that I do not have to make any adjustments once I draw my bow it is always int he circle.

23-Feb-08
Bow shot, sorry about that, had to get a coffee. Yes, I had the instructions on the table next to me. I did try it in the low position. It seemed to block my view of the target. I will keep working with it.

23-Feb-08
Well Guys after more thought, I decided to put it back on my setup. I haven't shot my new bow yet and figure I may have a fresh start and put it back in my setup. i liked the NoPeep and I thought my group was tighter without it but now I am not sure since my bow was deffective and PSE warrantied it and gave me a new bow.

23-Feb-08

bow shot's embedded Photo
Sorry for the delay Boris...I was away from a PC for the rest of the day.

Here's a couple pics of mine. I've got a Copper John site, and it (the site) extends about 4" forward of the riser, so I mounted the no-peep forward of the riser. So you can see here what kind of site picture you'll be dealing with. I anchor at the base of my jaw.

Notice too, that my site housing (the round orange painted part) is pretty much maxed out verticaly, in the up position. I've had it (the housing) down quite a bit too when I was first tuning this bow, and the no-peep was actually consuming a lot of the space in the housing. I don't know how else to say it, but it didn't matter when I was aiming, it consumed very little of the target picture, though it consumed a lot of space in the site housing.

Hope this helps...

23-Feb-08

The profile:

24-Feb-08
Bow site, THANKS the pics. sure make a big difference. I do have the same site on my Alpine. I think I will take it off and put it on my Onieda Eagle.

24-Feb-08
Bow shot, OOOPPPSSS. I think I got the name wrong. I sent you a PM.

24-Feb-08
Well, after 3 tries I got it to work. It lines up every time. Now to start to site the bow. Thanks guys

24-Feb-08
yeah it only took about 10 minutes for me to set it up on my new bow.

Good luck guys

24-Feb-08
cool.

24-Feb-08
I just set myself up with an Anchor Site from http://www.archeryinnovations.com/ Same principle as the no peep, but better IMO...go to archerytalk.com and search on Anchor Site and you will get many threads discussing the No Peep vs. the Anchor Site..Anchor Site wins 95% of the time.

25-Feb-08
Anchor site looks good 2....the only question I have is the thin lines like in the crosshairs are they visible enough in low light?

25-Feb-08
Gusto, gimme a lo-down if you can, is there something about the anchor site that makes it superior to the no-peep, other than set-up? I'm curious.

25-Feb-08
In theory, they work they same way. But I would say that, yes, the overriding factor in favor of the Anchor Site is the ease of setup and micro-adjustibility, which makes tuning it really easy. Some people just have a hard time getting the no-peep dialed in just right (for some it works great). After researching it, I bought the Anchor Site based on all of the threads and reviews I read over on Archery Talk. Over there, the overwhelming consensus was that the Anchor Site was superior, in both design, setup, and functionality. The anchor site's sighting 'disc' actually glows in the dark for use in low light conditions, and it can be adjusted for sensitivity. The cross hairs are really nicely visible, even in low light conditions. Customer Service was great too...I got all my questions answered by the owner of the company before I purchased one. It is more expensive than the no-peep, but I think it is worth it. I am very happy with my purchase of the Anchor Site.

25-Feb-08
Gusto, Thanks for the info!

26-Feb-08
sounds like it may be a good thing around for a while if it gets known......I would like to see one in person....I am going to look around to see if I can touch one...

I like my No-Peep but It is almost 6 years old and does take some finness on the adjustments but once its set it there!!

• Sitka Gear