Eyedoctorhunter 24-Nov-09
itshot 24-Nov-09
archeryhunter1977 24-Nov-09
Gray Ghost 25-Nov-09
itshot 25-Nov-09
Whackmaster 25-Nov-09
Whackmaster 25-Nov-09
23-Nov-09
Not satisfied with the clarity at distance provided by my single vision contact lenses, I have been reading about a hybrid lense made by SynergEyes. Supposed to give great acuity at distance and also provide ability to read without reading glasses. Also supposed to be pricey. If they work as advertised, I'd spend some $$$ to be able to see like I used to!

Going to discuss with my eye doc but wondered if anybody has any experience with them.

Eyes are going...can't wait to see what piece of "equipment" fails next!!

23-Nov-09
Doc says the mind is the second thing to go. I'm not sure he ment the eyes were the first.

24-Nov-09
I think I'm going the Lasik route at this point. All of my friends that had it done have 20/20. That would be so freakin sweet!

24-Nov-09
JB44,

I have a genetic condition called keratoconus. It began to manifest its ugly self in my early forties and it cannot be corrected surgically. Prior to that, I could always be corrected to 20/20 with standard lenses. After this set in, I lived with awful 20/80 acuity for several years until I finally found a doc that was familiar with and could diagnose my condition.

Synergeyes is the only company that makes a lens that addresses my condition. Since I was resolved to being basically blind for the rest of my life, I nearly cried from happiness when the doc first put them on me.

The Synergeyes lenses have literally given me a new lease on life. My distance vision is an amazing 20/15 and I have no problem reading all but the tiniest print with them on. They are expensive, but what is good vision worth to you? I'd gladly pay 10 times more for them, if I had to.

Also, by using the Clear Care soaking system, I've found that I can get more than the recommended 6 months of wearing time out of each set. I'm going on a year with my current set without any noticeable loss of comfort, or acuity.

I hope this helps.

GG

24-Nov-09
Genesis should be able to provide some input on this thread?

24-Nov-09
Hey Grey Ghost do you think these contacts would work for my eyes,I have slight problem with distance & when I put my contacts in, then my pins are blurry.

24-Nov-09
Synergeyes makes several different contact lenses. The ones GG wear are specific for his condition of Keratoconus. Having KC makes him very appreciative to any resolution of acuity. It sounds like it works wonderfully for him. On the other hand, most people would be interested in the MultiFocal variety for the "aging eye". These would be much less tolerated than the other variety. I have never fitted this particular lens on any patient of mine, but I wouldn't expect "youthful" vision out of it. In order for the lens to be successful, it takes the right kind of patient: For example, someone who has perfect distance vision (with out glasses) would not be a very good candidate for this lens, as a resulting loss of distance vision would probably incur. Overall I dont get to excited about it, as their marketing is probably better than there performance.

24-Nov-09
First things first, Synergeyes are not for every person. They work great for Grey Ghost, but he has a genetic condition which they work great for. There are many "multi-focal" Contact lenses on the market right now. Go see an optometrist who is trained in Contact Lens use. Not every eye doctor fits multi-focals so ask them that first. There are options for you, go talk to an optometrist and let them decide which lens is best for you. Happy hunting everyone, don't let your eye sight stop you.

24-Nov-09
GG, are your lenses soft or rigid?

I've been wearing the rigid for years, what a nightmare

"They are expensive"....cuanto??

24-Nov-09
I have theses lenses, they didn't improve my vision as much as I had hoped, but they did cut down on the amout of crud that irritates my eyes (was using hard lenses), things blowing in the air etc, these lenses are a hard lense surrounded by a soft lense, they are cleaned like a soft, another thing I liked is they are bigger diameter, so my eyes have a harder time drying out which makes it more pleasant sitting in my treestand in windy conditions hope this helped

25-Nov-09
Itshot,

Both. The center two thirds of the lens is hard, the outer third is soft. They're a little larger in diameter than a normal soft lens.

Sandman and Eyedoc are correct. The Synergeyes lenses may not be the magic bullet for everyone. My lenses address a specific condition that I suffer from. They are the only company that does, for which I am extremely thankful.

If you have Kerataconus like me, or your astigmatism is so bad that 20/20 isn't possible with regular lenses, you might give these a try...

GG

25-Nov-09
GG/ah77 thanks for info

I've never been "officially" diagnosed with it, but the eye techs always ask if I have it.

the hard lenses have to go, they've caused way more pain and downtime than you could imagine

25-Nov-09
I had Lasik done last December and needed an enhancement in July. I see 20/20 at distance but can't see a dammed thing from 5 feet and under. I had to start using a Verifier peep just to see my pins. Lasik is not for everybody. I wish I had looked more closley at contacts before frying my eyes.

25-Nov-09
I had Lasik done last December and needed an enhancement in July. I see 20/20 at distance but can't see a dammed thing from 5 feet and under. I had to start using a Verifier peep just to see my pins. Lasik is not for everybody. I wish I had looked more closley at contacts before frying my eyes.

• Sitka Gear