goyt 23-Jan-21
Juss'asskin 05-May-22
Juss'asskin 05-May-22
DanaC 05-May-22
Muddyboots 05-May-22
Hambone 17-May-22
Beendare 17-May-22
07-Jan-10
I have some old Fred Bear bows and was wondering if there was a source out there to find the value of these bows. Don't want to sell them, was just wondering about there value. With all the different years and sizes didn't know if there was a book or something that broke it down. Thanks

07-Jan-10
Go to the leatherwall and ask there. I recently did the same thing about a bow I'm buying, and got some great information.

07-Jan-10
Ask here. I'm a Bear collector and can give you some decent ballpark figures.

Give the model and serial number, glass color and coin type and I'll be able to determine the year of manufacture.

07-Jan-10
Gundy could you tell me something about mine .It`s a glass powered black bear ,gold coin (# kl65256 maby) thanks Brian

07-Jan-10
I would like to know mine also. Glass powered Grizzly, 58" 50#, gold coin, #kr76317 Thanks in advance.

07-Jan-10

grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
I also would like to know more about mine, it has been decorating my wall for years and I would like to get a string for it and start to shoot it, but I don't know what size string to get, or what model and year it is. Please explain glass color and coin type to me. Thanks in advance.

07-Jan-10

07-Jan-10
Sorry for the double post, also this was my grandfathers bow and he covered the bow with green and black crayon to reduce the shine, what would be the best way to clean it without damaging the finish? And the other pics I have exceeded the size limit so I could not post them, but it has a gold coin on the side, and on the limb it has a bear symbol that says Grayling Michigan with patent numbers and a patent date of 1953.

07-Jan-10
Grizzlyadam, yours is a 1967 Kodiak Hunter, the only year that model was made in 58". It became a 60" bow the next year and stayed that way. Yours has a couple holes in it from the sight and that will bring down the value some. I'd give it a rough estimate of $125-175. I'd clean it with vegetable oil and Pledge...no kidding! :^) BTW get an AMO 58" string or any string that measures 55".

Brian, your bow dates from 1970-72. The Black Bear model isn't a sought after model so I'd put a value on it of roughly $75.

Kevin, your bow is also a 1970-72. The grizzly is a more sought after model than the BB and a rough estimate would be $125.

08-Jan-10
Gundy, When I get a chance I will write down all the info. How did you learn all this stuff, was it just from expierience or is this info available somewhere?

08-Jan-10

Gundy's Link
Experience mostly. Lot's of info out there though. The Leatherwall is a great place to learn.

Here's a link to Bowsites Bear Collecting info.

17-Nov-18
So I have a 67 KH was this the only year that it was made at 58 inches ? Also are most I would think would be more Interested in the 60 AMO KH from the 60ies ?

19-Jan-21
I was wondering if you could help me. I have a 1956 Joe Fries recurve bow. I'm looking to find the value of it. And possibly Parting ways with it. My email is [email protected] Hopefully someone can help me. Thank you

19-Jan-21
That's a great link that Grundy posted for anyone trying to find more info on their older bear recurves. I've used it in the past myself. Leatherwall is also a great resource.

19-Jan-21
I have a custom made Pronghorn bow that I won back in 2014 at the CBA Banquet that I haven't shot yet. It's a 62" 57 pound @ 26". Beautiful bow! My son keeps asking me to give it to him but I haven't yet. Trying to figure out a way to put sights on it. I saw on one of Paul's pictures that he had a sight attached to his on the left side. Would like to have a 20, 30 and 40 yard pins or some kind of sight on it and I would probably shoot it,

19-Jan-21
It was made by a guy named Herb Meland who is a Bowyer.

19-Jan-21
The Joe Fries bow was made in the late fifties to early sixties. Pictures would help with the value. Joe Fries was a 3 time national cham in the mid 50's who started making bows for a little while and then got completely out of archery.

19-Jan-21
That Bear Bows Collecting link here that Gundy posted is a great link, I use it all the time...

19-Jan-21
Grundy, here's one for you. A 1969 KH black max, signed by Fred himself. Value?

20-Jan-21
You might also try thisoldbow.com.

20-Jan-21
Grundy, If you would be so kind as to provide a value and date for the following I would appreciate it. Bear Glass Powered Kodiak hunter on upper limb. Standing Bear emblem with Bear Archery Grayling, Michigan U.S. Pat 2,842,113 on the lower limb. (The 8 could be a 6). KT08226, AMO-60#. 50X# on the self side and a pewter medallion on the other side.

I also have 8 cedar practice arrows new , I think, in a half box with part of the label. The shafts are painted and crested. They have speed nocks and glue on field points. The feathers on some of them have some deterioration. The box says 8 arrows.

I am cleaning house and would be willing to sell them to a good home.

20-Jan-21
I also have recurve marked American Archery, Oconto Falls, Wis on the upper limb, Super Nitro on the lower limb and AMO 54", 95N396, 45 # on the self side.

Age and value would be appreciated is anyone knows.

23-Jan-21
Hey Cliff, I'm kinda of a collector, but don't wanna steer you wrong... Go over to the LeatherWall and post, you'll likely receive year, date even the day it was finished (joking)...8^) Well, maybe not the day, but am sure you'll learn all need to know about it... GREAT folks over there, some of those guys are experts, you'll likely know in short time...

23-Jan-21
Thanks Gary.

05-May-22

Juss'asskin's embedded Photo
Good condition
Good condition
I would like to get an idea on the worth of my Ben Pearson signature 7331. 58" xx45#-28. And I think the B.P. - 360 means the number it was when they made it. Still in the original leather case. Very good condition.

05-May-22

05-May-22

DanaC's Link
For those old 58" bows I'd get a 54" (actual length) DACRON/B55 Flemish-twist string. Put it on and let it stretch for a day before installing a nock point. (And use a proper stringer.)

That BP is rated two pounds under 45, hence the XX before the poundage. There are a few Pearson collectors but values are modest.

05-May-22
As far as value, suggest you go to Ebay and do a search for completed sales. Should tell you what bows of your make and model actually sold for. But, it is hard to accertain the condition of the bow and the ratings of the seller., which affect the selling price.

17-May-22

Hambone's Link
Here is another forum has quite a lot of information on Bear bows https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/finding-a-value-on-vintage-bear-archery-recurves.1103570/

17-May-22
Many of the bear bows were mass manufactured so the value really isn’t there.

It’s the unicorns that are worth some money

• Sitka Gear