Pete In Fairbanks 08-Apr-10
Shug 08-Apr-10
ilandhunter 08-Apr-10
Bill in MI 08-Apr-10
12-Mar-10

Bill in MI's Link
follow the link...

12-Mar-10
Thanks for the link, Glad to see it posted here. More people need to get involved here, vote, vote, vote.

12-Mar-10
only down 6% come on guys

13-Mar-10
51% no, 49% yes. let's move this thin!!!

13-Mar-10
I voted, everyone on here should!

13-Mar-10
Voted

13-Mar-10
voted

13-Mar-10
Voted

14-Mar-10
i voted. western maryland had the same situation with bears. it took a long time, but we have had a season for 6 years, our 2 week season has never lasted more than 4 days before it was closed because quaota numbers were met early. and all the policians down east have stopped whining finally.....for the most part. and the bear numbers are steadily increasing each year. new jersey will get another bear season, it might just take another year or two due to politics involved in something it shouldn't be involved in.

14-Mar-10
voted

14-Mar-10
We are still being out voted by 10%. I agree with having the bear season but totally disagree with it only being a firearm season

15-Mar-10
Still 10% behind

15-Mar-10
The majority of people voting are going to be from urban areas in NJ. If you polled only the people who live in the bear areas it would probably be 90 % for.

15-Mar-10
voted

23-Mar-10
About five years ago I met a guy at a bow shoot. He was from New Jersey. He told me of all the bear he sees while deer hunting from his tree stand. He showed pictures of large bear in his yard as well. He invited us to come out and hunt them. He said he had no desire to hunt them. He said you had to use a gun, well that ended it for us as well. Boy I wish they had an archery season.

23-Mar-10
About five years ago I met a guy at a bow shoot. He was from New Jersey. He told me of all the bear he sees while deer hunting from his tree stand. He showed pictures of large bear in his yard as well. He invited us to come out and hunt them. He said he had no desire to hunt them. He said you had to use a gun, well that ended it for us as well. Boy I wish they had an archery season.

07-Apr-10
There has been much speculation that if New Jersey ever does open a season then the new world record will fall immediately. But it wouldn't matter much to me either way. But I think that this could be a major victory for bow hunting in making the general non hunting public remember that hunting is and always has been a population control measure. No matter how much fun it may be!

07-Apr-10
As its worded right now in the books bows are allowed... Lets just see if it stays that way.

It will be a one week season along with guns.

As for world record...I' venture to say there are a couple of them walking around here in NJ. Its been a dream of mine since im a kid to take a NJ bear with my bow.. I passed on the last seasons they had because I have no desire to take one with the gun.... Lets just hope things stay as planned...

08-Apr-10
I voted .

08-Apr-10
There are a lot of big (fat) bears in NJ. That does not necessarily equate to larger skull size.

There are lots of boars that would make the P&Y min of 18". I would be surprised if there are many that would crack the B&C minimum, much less be a new WR.

Best part is though.......... by this time next year, we should have that information on skull sizes!

Pete

08-Apr-10
Pete.. I know of two personaly from the last season that hit better than 22 inches...

08-Apr-10
voted

08-Apr-10
we are behind still! You can seemingly vote more than once. Consider it an exercise boys!

Bill in MI

• Sitka Gear