ronyboy 12-Nov-21
BOWNBIRDHNTR 12-Nov-21
BOWNBIRDHNTR 12-Nov-21
12yards 12-Nov-21
ki-ke 13-Nov-21
DonVathome 13-Nov-21
Mark S 13-Nov-21
19-Mar-10
Scoot, I ended up getting several pairs of Superfeet and other insoles last year before I figured out which pair worked out best for me. Obviously everyone's feet are a little different. I ended up scrapping the Superfeet and went with another brand that had more padding in the balls of the feet.

If my memory is correct the orange have a pretty hard sole and they don't have enough padding for the balls of my feet.

My suggestion would be to go to a store that sells a variety and try them out. Hopefully you will get it right the first time! If you have bone spurs you may want to do a google search to see what recommendations they have for that condition?

20-Mar-10
I used green for a cpl years, used orange last year. no real difference for me.

20-Mar-10
downunder footbeds work great for me.may cost some money to find what fits you but well worth it.Fred

20-Mar-10
go to super feet website and look up a dealer they'll have ones you can tryout.

20-Mar-10
Check out Schnees of montana insoles comparable to superfeet and $20. Super and fast service.

21-Mar-10
Like mentioned earlier go to the Superfeet website and follow their recommendations. They're designed for specific uses and shoe volume which is why they come in different colors.

21-Mar-10
Recurve just hit the nail on the head. The different colors denote different thicknesses. The blue is the thinnest I think and orange the thickest. This will affect the volume (or lack thereof) in your boot. Too low a volume in the boot and you'll get hotspots or blisters on the tops and sides of your toes.

21-Mar-10
I have a blue pair that go in two pairs of boots and an orange pair for another pair of boots. There is no silver bullet....all about volume...

21-Mar-10
Green is slightly thicker than Blue, and Green has more arch support than blue or orange. In addition to arch support, the Orange model also has a lot of forefoot padding.

Jims, the Orange Superfeet have medium arch support and the entire forefoot is cushioned. The green and blue do not have any forefoot cushioning. Maybe you were trying a different model or brand?

Scott, go to REI or EMS and they will have demos that you can try before you buy. Also, if they don't work for you, they will let you exchange them for a different model. Their boot fitters are pretty good, at least in my experience. FYI you could also go with a custom molded footbed. They will fit your foot for sure, but aren't cheap.

21-Mar-10
I have used a moldeable one, that you heat in the oven. SOL I think? I've seen them at several sporting goods stores. They also come in different thicknesses. I've used them in running shoes too, they're great for us high arch folks.

21-Mar-10

Meleagris1's Link
JLS, I think you mean "SOLE". I've heard good things about them. Never tried them though.

http://www.yoursole.com/products/footbeds/

21-Mar-10
Meleagris,thanks for the link,I like the way those look.

22-Mar-10
i use blue in my dress shoes (for work), green in my running shoes and hiking boots.

I've never tried the orange, but I have a high arch so I need the support the green provides.

22-Mar-10
Meleagris I had the orange superfeet. You are right that the entire length of the foot had padding..but it was as hard as a rock compared to the other insoles that I ended up using while hunting rockpiles. If your feet are prone to stone bruises I would not recommend the orange! They did provide good support but didn't work for my particular feet because they didn't offer enough cushion.

23-Mar-10
I have the green Superfeet and I tried them in my Lowa Tibets but I don't like them. They are too hard and my foot seems to slip on them. My foot imprinted into the stock Lowa insole and they stay put better and they are more comfortable.

12-Nov-21

ronyboy's Link
The idea has been in the fore front

12-Nov-21
Scoot, Check out Sheep Feet. They will be custom fit to you. I believe they are running a 25% off special right now.

12-Nov-21
Well crap, I didn't notice the age of the thread Scoot! But if you are still looking check out Sheep Feet....and I'm not a spammer or linked to them in any way lol!

12-Nov-21
Wrong thread. Sorry.

13-Nov-21
Scoot! I bet your feet dont even LOOK the same after all these years!! LOL

Since you asked, I've been on a forever hunt for the right insole for years. But the bullet this past summer and paid for the sheep feet customs with the heel stabilizer as an add on. Very happy so far. I change them between shoes and my feet seem to be happy! Put about 70 miles on them in Colo this year with no pain, blisters or issues.

13-Nov-21
Good stuff. I always use superfeet green but often get blisters. I am ordering some orange!

13-Nov-21
Have friends that love theirs, so, I got green for my running shoes and orange for my boots. They are ok, but, not as much cushion as I like, so, will not buy again as I prefer more gel or foam as ive had in the past. But they do get great reviews

• Sitka Gear