Wages 05-Jun-12
Tracy 21-Jul-12
city hunter 21-Jul-12
Tracy 19-Sep-12
Forest Archer 19-Sep-12
gobbler716 20-Sep-12
huntindoc 21-Sep-12
24-Jan-12
Have to wait until Monday now. I have 4 down so far. Heading to Topecka this weekend for the inaugural Monster Buck Classic, might as well thin the coyotes while there as it is only 20 miles from our deer hunting ground!

24-Jan-12
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

24-Jan-12

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
One down so far... 01-20-12... Ed F

24-Jan-12
Have decommissioned 12 so far this winter, all off my own farm via snaring.

This male was unusually large.

24-Jan-12

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo
The second to last day of bow/muzz season in ny. He caught me off guard as he came by at a fast trot in the freezing rain, and also caught me reaching for my bow at 10 yards!

However the next day he wasnt so lucky....couldnt outrun lead. a very heavy male

24-Jan-12

buglemaster's embedded Photo
buglemaster's embedded Photo
We thinned the population a bit a couple weeks ago in the tri state area (Colo, Ks, Neb) Search "midwest coyote calling event" on facebook.Everybody needs to do a calling contest. If you have a coyote problem, a weekend with 121 2 man teams running & gunnin will put a dent in the numbers for shure.

24-Jan-12

Earl E. Nove....mber's embedded Photo
Earl E. Nove....mber's embedded Photo
And here I was so proud of my first dog

24-Jan-12
Congrats on the first Earl!Pretty addicting is'nt it? I've been calling em for over 30 years & it's just as much fun today as it was 30 years ago when the first one came in.

24-Jan-12
Sorry no pics available. However I got 2 with my bow this fall and a friend of mine got one with a rifle. There has also been 4 that have been educated. I hate educating coyotes.

24-Jan-12

guidermd's embedded Photo
here's randy with a coyote from my swamp stand close to the house

24-Jan-12

here's my daughter and my son(brittany and myles) with a coyote shot from her bedroom window in our yard with her 223 "pee popper" she calls it. oh yeah, can't forget "crap dog" in the background, he's proud of the kill too.

24-Jan-12

ooooopps, forgot to attach the pic from the post above.

i guess i did attach it after all. maybe i've had too many glasses of wine tonite!

24-Jan-12

Bowbender Mont.'s embedded Photo
Bowbender Mont.'s embedded Photo
You won'nt find a rifle in my hands too often, but for yote's I'll make an exception ;)

Plus like Buglemaster stated, once it's in your blood your hooked!

25-Jan-12

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
From Newfoundland, Alberta, Arizona, Rhode Island and every where in between, YOTES are every where! Putting a dent in them, "hardly"!

25-Jan-12
Every coyote you kill saves a few deer. Keep doing it.

25-Jan-12

KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo

25-Jan-12
Great thread guys if you don't mind mention the call and tactic you use.Lewis

25-Jan-12
Bowbender that's a great picture.

Charlie you're right, but it's still worth a try ;-)

25-Jan-12
Our bobcat season ends Feb 29,, Fawns won't drop till April or May.. Cats have a calendar or will they come to a fawn distress about anytime?

25-Jan-12

flatlander's embedded Photo
flatlander's embedded Photo
Son's November 37 yard shot.

25-Jan-12
Lewis, I've called them with about every hand call made as well as with a fox pro electronic caller. Either a cotton tail or jack rabit depending on whats in the area.I think the tempo & calling sequense are more important than what you sound like.I've been with guys who sound like $#@t, but get em in pretty regular.Nice pics guys!

25-Jan-12
I'd like to give this a try. What the heck do you do with them after you shoot'um?

25-Jan-12
OK guys here it goes. I was the only nay sayer last year and still am. For the record I am a hardcore bowhunter. I understand that it may be addicting I only turkey hunted once and it was intense. I imagine calling in yotes would be the same kind of rush. However I can not see killing something and then letting it go to waste. I don't get it. Pat your comment is a study in irony. On 1 hand you hope a rabbit wasn't harmed and on the other you have no problem harming another animal. I see lots of coyotes every year, I see lots of deer every year. Every yote gets a free pass from me. Most deer do to but not all of them. I have never seen a yote chasing or killing a deer. I see them hunting mice. I am not condeming just voicing my opinion. To each his own.

25-Jan-12

Backpack Hunter's embedded Photo
Backpack Hunter's embedded Photo
This is the first one I killed with this shotgun. Ithaca 37 12ga, used a turkey call to bring him in.

25-Jan-12
I guess everyone is entitled to their believes & I completly respect that.I live in an area where livestock ranching generates 90% of the economy. Bulging coyote populations have a extremly negative effect on the calf crop in the next couple of months.In addition, they will also be detrimental to wildlife & anything else they can take down.They are truly beautiful animals & their pelts make some of the finest fur coats available.They are also one of the most prolific animals hands down & I truly believe when all else is gone from the face of the earth, there will still be coyotes roaming the countryside.Again, to each their own.

25-Jan-12

Ironbow's embedded Photo
Ironbow's embedded Photo
TheIceman,

Spend a little more time in the woods if you have coyotes around and you will see them run deer eventually. I killed my first coyote with a bow (have never killed one with a gun) back in 1984 after he ran off two does. He made the mistake of stopping by the tree I was in. The greater the coyote population, the more deer they will take.

My kids wanted to eat a big male I shot one time. As I was skinning it, I had them move downwind of him. After one whiff, they decided they didn't want to eat him anymore. Maybe I should have kept them upwind and grilled them some coyote steaks?

Here are two of three I killed one morning last November.

25-Jan-12
Coyotes need to be controlled (managed) just like deer or any other animal. As far as coyotes running(killing) deer. Well they do they do alot. Coyotes are opurtunist though. They just don't hunt deer day in and day out. Fawns in the spring or early summer that's a different story. They can at times raise he'll on a fawn crop.

We hunted last weekend and the only coyote we called in was to fawn distress.

26-Jan-12
I hunt coyotes just to hunt them. I do however skin and keep the skin of any coyote (unless it has mange or something), fox, or bobcat I kill. I am also eaten coyote! (wasn't bad). Bobcat is good too. I am for the killing of predators just like big game.

26-Jan-12

Joe Lacefield's embedded Photo
There is no doubt coyotes in the east kill deer, not just fawns. In some areas that's not necessarily a bad thing as they do not hunt for antlers.

In mostly forested habitats (because open field or early successional forest may be limited)they can severely impact the fawn crop, this drastically can skew the the buck to doe ratios. Because hunters will take more bucks and without recruitment ratios become skewed.

In qood whitetail habitats the ratios will never be worse than 1:3, add limited fawning success they become skewed.

I only bowhunt for the most part but I do get after yotes, and try to give them to local trappers. I respect the coyote and don't hunt them when they have pups. They likely help small game as they kill skunks, coons, and house cats, so not all negative..

26-Jan-12
Do you guys use a fawn decoy when calling?Lewis

26-Jan-12

boothill's embedded Photo
boothill's embedded Photo
Had just a touch of mange on this dog. First coyote I've called in and shot myself.

26-Jan-12
great thread,wish i could be out there busting up some dogs my self,, but need major spinal surgery, may be I'll have some pics in late spring to add. good luck and pop 20 or so for me.

26-Jan-12

Bill in MI's embedded Photo
Bill in MI's embedded Photo
bowkill 2011

26-Jan-12

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Rob in VT's embedded Photo
November 2011, Vermont

26-Jan-12

Ace's Link
You could hunt them like this if you had access to the right hardware.

26-Jan-12
I talked with a DNR Biologist from northern Michigan. I was looking to find where most of the coyotes were in his area. He said look for deer, particularly the yards. He said they run the deer in the yards and those they don't injure or kill are weakened and the whole herd suffers a higher mortality rate. He also said to kill every one of those bastards that I see.

I try, but usually only get 1 or 2 per year.

27-Jan-12
if you're into dogs, google

"youtube coyote hunting greyhounds"

A rough game for sure for the coyote, but I would love to do this once or twice....

28-Jan-12

Gun's embedded Photo
Gun's embedded Photo
Pat, I agree with you. We have a pile of coyotes in my neighborhood. The deer herd is way down. 60-80% winterkill last spring to boot. I had 6 does come out last fall in a hayfield and only one fawn in the bunch. I haven't owned a high powered rifle in almost 40 yrs. Bought one last week. Here is #1 from today.

The only good Coyote is a dead one!

28-Jan-12
A friend of mine owns a ranch in WY. He called in the air predator control folks and they killed 125 coyotes in 3 days of runnin and gunnin from the air.

They are difficult to keep under control.

28-Jan-12
I vote that you make an exception and post the live hunt anyway.

28-Jan-12
C'mon Pat, I bet the owner of this site will let ya!

28-Jan-12

goatman's embedded Photo
goatman's embedded Photo
Last Sunday morning. 5 minutes into the calling.

28-Jan-12
I know this is bowsite but Jager Pro shows some awesome night vision stuff. Come on Pat if anyone can get away with it you can. Looks as if 80% or better are gun kills.

28-Jan-12
Pat,Pat,,Pat,,,,pat,Pat,,,,,,,

Just start the predator thread!!!!

29-Jan-12
Iceman coyotes are hard on all critters not just deer ,I killed my first two yotes in Illinois back in 2001 pack was chasing a doe yearling she ran into open field coyotes stoped at edege to look before running into open i was lucky to get two out of the 5 first one pinned thru back second one runing shot thru neck he was spinning around my arrow HAhah , he ran off into thicket ,, 15min later a broken 8pt walks in smells the bloody arrow stickin in the ground stares at the dead coyote for 5 min. Then says thanks Lou for killin them suckers and walks away .... And 4 the record coyotes were never in NY , they have made there way here either by our DEC or by other ways ...!

30-Jan-12
This ain't scientific research I know, but in 2010 I had one pair of twin fawns make it thru the season. I started trapping for 'yotes and bobcats and removed 12 'yotes and 6 bobcats off my 217 ac. This past season,despite a severe drought, I have at least 4 sets of twin fawns still alive and eating my food plots. Success?

30-Jan-12
What do you think of a .17HMR for east coast coyotes? And would you recommend they be hunted day or night for best success?

30-Jan-12
.17 are very accurate, just not at longer ranges. I know full well if you shot one in the head with that gun it would knock them right over...

30-Jan-12

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Bowsniper...it has been shown thru research that coyotes are most active from about 6-11a.m., however, of course anything can happen. They are smart so if your calling you'll only get a crack or 2 at the same one before your chances dwindle. Use the wind and terrain to get them downwind...where they want to be but dead before they smell you. The guys in the West have it much better in terms of success than we (I) do in the East...much tougher here. A .22 mag is really quite good here in NY. I like the .223 too

30-Jan-12

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
A 50+ pounder trapped. When I tell you he was not interested in seeing me coming up the trail that is an understatement!

30-Jan-12
A pretty good weekend in OK.

30-Jan-12

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
A pretty good weekend in OK.

30-Jan-12
[IMG]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g419/creed2009/17f5577a.jpg[/IMG]

There was other photos on the trail CSM with the coyotes chasing him

31-Jan-12

dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo
dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo
August 2011.

31-Jan-12
What do you do with the pelts? Any suggestions?

31-Jan-12
I would go for a Remington 17 over the 17 HMR. I have a .204 sick round! Flatest shooting round. Small hole for less pelt damage.

31-Jan-12

4FINGER's embedded Photo
4FINGER's embedded Photo
Tagged behind my youngest son Brady this past fall during his deer hunt...I spotted this dog in the basin above...he made the best of a long shot for his first coyote...Papa was/is proud...4finger

01-Feb-12

casper's embedded Photo
casper's embedded Photo
killed these two in az recently

01-Feb-12

casper's embedded Photo
casper's embedded Photo
another az coyote

01-Feb-12

bigrigNE's embedded Photo
bigrigNE's embedded Photo
Called in with a '94 Ford F-150, shot with a .300 WSM.

01-Feb-12

kylesredapple's embedded Photo
kylesredapple's embedded Photo
My favorite way to scout!

01-Feb-12
2011 kill... squeaked her in using my hand for a 35 yard shot.

DSCN2301

DSCN2298

02-Feb-12

blg's embedded Photo
blg's embedded Photo
Arizona, electronic call. Hunting with Wards Outfitters.

02-Feb-12
I got two this fall[both rifle] and my cousin killed three. I use a 25-06 custom loaded 100g at almost 4000fps. 200 to 300 yards is a gimmie, 500 to 600 is doable depending on the wind.

02-Feb-12
they are not quite as good as eating a cougar,

02-Feb-12

I called this one in today, just shot pics...

02-Feb-12

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
January 2011. Could have shot a prarie chicken the same eve. but I let him go because there are not enough of them.

02-Feb-12
big- Awesome picture!

11-Feb-12

INbowdude's embedded Photo
INbowdude's embedded Photo
Indiana yote. First one I can say I truly called in. 28 pound female.

11-Feb-12

Cornbread's embedded Photo
42lb male

11-Feb-12

36 lb male

11-Feb-12
Beautiful sights.

13-Feb-12
Went out last night. Saw a nice black one with a thick mane coming in to my call, about 30 seconds later I saw the father and son who belonged to the dog walking through the area... I would have looked for a collar anyway. I'm just saying'

A hour later I watched two kids on ATVs spinning donuts until one of them broke through the ice (only about 14 inches of water).

Climbed down from my stand (yep - I use my climber) and called it a night.

Later this week, I'll try a different spot.

13-Feb-12
They are so cute when they are dead!!!

Great pics folk! this is making my day!

13-Feb-12
I just have to weigh in on this thread with a little bit of data from our own experience with coyotes.

Nine years ago we started raising boer goats here on our ranch. Our first year we bought about a hundred head (which quickly turned into 200 head). The first time I worked them, I vaccinated, ear tagged, wormed and recorded the data for all of them. Two weeks later I had to catch them up and give them a booster on their vaccinations. Within two weeks, the coyotes had killed 38 head. All of the goats were housed in a 50 acre pasture, fenced by a four foot net wire fence and they came up by the house to sleep at night.

Now on our hunting ranch we have a small herd of fallow deer. Every year the does get bred and had their fawns. We lost a few to coyotes, but expected that to happen. In the last five years however, we haven't had a single fawn survive. Ironically, we had a couple of the deer escape into the pasture where we keep our sheep and goats (which is now patrolled by three livestock guardian dogs). Every fawn born in the pasture that is protected by dogs has survived so far (going on 2 years).

We've personally witnessed coyotes dogging the deer, as well as cattle. My husband has trapped 41 coyotes so far this year and has shot many more, and we're seeing more fawns and rabbits in this area than we have in years. Since there is so little demand for the fur anymore, there's no incentive to kill predators...except the fact that it's just plain fun. So keep on having fun guys! There are a bunch of us goat and sheep ranchers that appreciate what you do!

Oh, and one more thing...If you think that hunting coyotes for fun is wrong, consider the fact that your hard earned tax dollars are being used by the government to pay trappers to go out and kill these nuisance animals anyways. Around here, cyanide bombs are the weapon of choice. When the coyote grabs the bait, a charge sends a dose of cyanadie into their throat to kill them. Personally, I am more partial to shooting them, but either way, the coyotes are being killed. It's just a matter of who does it, and with what technique.

-Cheryl Napper

13-Feb-12

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Let's get to callin'

13-Feb-12

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
My first double. Couple of big canadian dogs with my .204

13-Feb-12

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Doin our best to make a dent

14-Feb-12

hawg's embedded Photo
hawg's embedded Photo
I'm just getting started. Keep killing em guys!

14-Feb-12

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
That looks cold.... Here's my second one for 2012. 02-11-12. Ed F

14-Feb-12
BOWUNTR, can I ask you who makes your camouflage. I like the positives,negatives,and shades in the patterns. Thank you, Rodney (Doublelungnip)

14-Feb-12
Rodney, Thats KUIU Vias camo Mike

14-Feb-12
I see the western coyote pelts are selling for $50.00, seems the demand in Russia is high.

14-Feb-12
Great job all, serious yote killers right there.

14-Feb-12
Headed to North Dakota tomorrow night. 3 days of calling, can't wait to let the bushmaster rip!!Sound like the snow cover is limited. Wish me luck.

15-Feb-12
so far off of eighty acres we have cleared out 31. . And four bobcats

16-Feb-12
Great thread guys I'm new on here so good to this.

16-Feb-12
like to add something i notice to what cheryl said i farm raise sweet corn to eat and sell the extra three years ago the coons had gotten so bad raiding the corn i thought i need to trap some the next winter to keep them out of the corn the year before my oldest daughter came in with a great sheep dog puppy well the next summer he was always patrolling the area around the house which includes the sweet corn patch that summer no coon damage i thought great side benefit. we have a doe group around the house that had ten or more in it then the coyotes moved in and it was down to about three doe and they could not raise a fawn. that fall i notice one of the doe had raised triplets one had twins and the other had a single. i thought been a long time since i had seen that did not put it together until this year when there were nine fawns alive come fall i think the dog on patrol is protecting the fawn crop also.

16-Feb-12

Boone's embedded Photo
Boone's embedded Photo
I got this one and another nappy looking one back to back while still hunting. Notice the third eye.

16-Feb-12
Got a private reply to my comment on removing coyotes but for some reason could not answer it in kind. For your info, I do not use poison for a couple reasons. Don't know anything about it, and there are dogs within a half mile or so that I do not want to kill. I trap and shoot. Most coyotes shot are targets of opportunity while hog or deer hunting. If you have any roads or trails on your land, you can easily trap coyotes. Go to www.minntrapprod.com to get everything(including instructive videos) to put you in the trapping business. One word of advice. Make sure you are as scent free as possible and tie those traps down well. A coyote will really raise hell when he is trapped, and you WILL lose traps if you don't.

16-Feb-12

Herdbull's embedded Photo
Herdbull's embedded Photo
Recurvin Coyotes!

16-Feb-12

drycreek's embedded Photo

16-Feb-12

Gues that was two words of advice.

16-Feb-12
Coyotes are the only thing that I will put a rifle in my hands for, but it sure is fun!

[IMG]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx133/boandme22/329349e4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx133/boandme22/85d363fb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx133/boandme22/IMG_7151.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx133/boandme22/IMG_7143.jpg[/IMG]

Calling coons is a blast as well!

[IMG]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx133/boandme22/d89b8255.jpg[/IMG]

16-Feb-12

ORARCHER's embedded Photo
ORARCHER's embedded Photo
Called this one in for my son this weekend !!

16-Feb-12
Ed that rock of yours get some action how many pics of yots do you have with it now .Thanks Shane

21-Feb-12

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
Yes that rock has seen some action... it's in my backyard!!! Here's #3 for 2012 and #28 overall, 02-18-12. Ed F

21-Feb-12

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Feb. 2012 Okla.

21-Feb-12
Troy, you are my idol!!!! Congrats. We had a bust hunt in North Dakota. No snow and warm temps made it very hard. Coyotes not coming to calls at all.

21-Feb-12
Hey Nick!

We did pretty good this year,(7 yotes & 2 cats) only had 2 get away plus 1 mangy one that I couldn't get the other guys to carry back to the truck for the photo shoot! They were irRASHional!

Yeah I know, Don't quit your day job.

Give me a call sometime----Troy

26-Feb-12

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Yesterday

26-Feb-12

BCHUNTER's embedded Photo
Well to be honest, haven't put the time in yet this year, so none for me. Too busy hunting cougars, lynx, and bobcats, but tomorrow is my last day for that. I am occasionally thinning out the feral cat population though ;), as well as this guy I got this fall. October 2, 2011. Mine is the one on the left, my grandpa's on the right. A wolf is better than 10 coyotes in my opinion...

26-Feb-12

I have never seen that picture before in my life.... try again for the wolf pic.

26-Feb-12
Ya wolf is definitely on the wish list for me. My buddy got a 120 lber last year, and my best friend shot 2 this year.

26-Feb-12
i started hating coyotes when my trail cam caught 3 coyotes pulling a deer down. since dec i have taken 170 of those dogs. sure spent a lot of time skinning! hope the price stays strong

27-Feb-12
I'd love to call a wolf in and take it with my bow... that is cool. Someday... Ed F

28-Feb-12
My biggest so far this year trapping is 50 pounds. A trapper I know just over tne border got one that weighed 63 pounds. I am after two deer killers right now behind a house where people feed deer. One just missed one of my blind sets last nite. We just got 14" of snow yesterday, so things should heat up. Have released 2 bobcats so far. They are protected up here. Released a coon and pine martin the other day. Coons are the meanest animals to release. Can't believe they are roaming in this single digit degree weather.

29-Feb-12

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
these are last years dogs. a lot were my friends apauls from above and a bunch were mine these ones went to fur auction. threw 10 away with bad mange. Didnt get to hunt coyotes this winter as im in New Zealand.

01-Mar-12
Yeah wolf is on my list too.Great pics.

07-Mar-12

" target="_blank" class="button">Norseman's Link

15-Mar-12

hoytmanmt's embedded Photo
hoytmanmt's embedded Photo
I killed this coyote the other morning.I did three howls and waited a minute or two and he came walking out at 50 yards.First coyote I called in by myself.With the new Primos alpha dog.

25-Mar-12
I am looking forward to trying the distressed fawn call in a few weeks.. Logically speaking it should be a killer.

Pelts won't be worth anything but they haven't been anyway, and there is no closed season here.

21-Apr-12
Nicely done Pat.

22-Apr-12
Bravo Pat & Crew!!

23-Apr-12

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo

elkmtngear's Link
This guy got a lead sandwich instead of a turkey lunch!

Best of luck, Jeff

23-Apr-12
Jeff: Great pic! BTW- Got the slip system in yesterday. Plan to give it to my brother next week. Thank you for such a wonderfull product.

23-Apr-12
Jeff: Great pic! BTW- Got the slip system in yesterday. Plan to give it to my brother next week. Thank you for such a wonderfull product.

23-Apr-12

elkmtngear's Link
Thanks Noah, Best of luck to you guys this Season!

Jeff

23-Apr-12

passthrushot's embedded Photo
48 lbs. Chased 2 doe and a yearling "almost" past my stand. hard to come by here in Florida.

23-Apr-12

Three days after getting one at home in FL went to TN and took another from the deer stand.

23-Apr-12
48 lbs. Chased 2 doe and a yearling "almost" past my stand. hard to come by here in Florida.

30-Apr-12
Dang that looks like the one in ikes Turk trail cam pics....

30-Apr-12
Pat what call are you using this time of yr.Lewis

30-Apr-12

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
Damn, that does kind of look like the one on Cam...Yuk! Pat, nice rifle!!!

30-Apr-12

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
Nice, I should have looked at that one, but I went with the Nikon M223 for mine...

30-Apr-12
I'm sure it won't be too long before the fawn distress call will be the ticket.Lewis

30-Apr-12
I'm sure it won't be too long before the fawn distress ca ll will be the ticket.Lewis

26-May-12
fawns are dropping, anyone still calling coyotes?

26-May-12
Yup, I am. Got around 20 the last two weeks, and took 2 dens out.

Howls, pup distress, and my decoy/denning dogs are the ticket now.

28-May-12
I called 2 in yesterday morning, with howls and pup distress. Got busted before getting the shot though.

29-May-12
Pat when you bait the yotes what bait do you find works best.Lewis

29-May-12
Here in Tn. we have blessed with several bear on our property so they hit our baits pretty hard.One new law now that is good is that we can bait and shoot hogs at nite.Lewis

29-May-12

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo
First wet bitch of the day. We didn't find the den, but we will. Her hubby didn't want to fight my dogs, he wussed out. I will get him soon.

29-May-12

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo
Second wet bitch today. I knew where some pups were. Sugar, Spice, and I walked a mile to get to the area. My "girls" jumped the bitch out of a draw right before I was going to set up for a call stand. They chased her, fought her, and ran back to me with the coyote in tow. She had five placental scars, so I knew there was up to five pups in a hole somewhere close. This was at 2:00 pm.

29-May-12

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo
I figured the old dog would be around. I howled and pup squealed, but he must have been far away hunting. The .243 Ackley barked the last time for the day.

29-May-12

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo
Found the den of the second bitch. Spicy is down the hole and Sugar want's some of that also!

29-May-12

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo
I ran across this newborn not 500 yards from the den. The coyote pups are big enough to eat meat now. This one is safe for a while.

You guys would not believe all the fawn deer and fawn antelope pieces laying around a coyote den.

Now is the time to be killing coyotes!!

29-May-12
man nice work guys way to go even if u dont find the den im sure its just as matter of time before they all die .

Pat Ny protects them suckers makes no sense to me !

29-May-12

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo
Good days calling with my little decoy dog. Mid December, mixing howling, and rabbit distress.

29-May-12

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo
Good morning calling in October. All with mouth blown calls.

30-May-12
cool pics.

31-May-12
If the anti's ever got a hold of this thread it would be ugly! But I love the dead pup photos!!!

31-May-12
Snared one yesterday, called and shot 2 today.

31-May-12
"Snared one yesterday, called and shot 2 today. "

Anti's or Coyotes?

31-May-12
"If the anti's ever got a hold of this thread it would be ugly! But I love the dead pup photos!!!

Too late, this thread was posted on some of the "wolf lover" facebook pages along with Tracy's name. Posting pics of dead coyote pups doesn't do anything for the hunter's image and posting it on a public site where ANYONE can see is not the smart thing to do.

02-Jun-12

Wages's Link
I'm not on FB so I can't go to the link, but you can find it here: http://www.facebook.com/ProjectCoyote

02-Jun-12

Wages's Link
also a reference to it on this one: http://www.facebook.com/WolfWarriors

02-Jun-12
F the antis, they can come and get me.

I only killed one coyote yesterday, and none today. :(

02-Jun-12
coyote killed my neighbors dog this morning around 0545.good job guys.

02-Jun-12
I wonder how many fawns coyotes killed today.

02-Jun-12
good question Tracy. I need to get busy with my BAR. Thanks for the motivation.

03-Jun-12
Ricks73 is absolutely right. I would remove the picture of the dead pups ASAP. In Montana and Idaho we are still healing up from a picture a trapper posted on Trapperman.com. It was in every paper in Montana.

If you want to do something good for our sport, remove the pictures of the dead pups.

Look on Footloose Montana. That's where the picture ended up. They stole a picture of my avatar from the same sight.

Be respectful on anything you post.

05-Jun-12
Called and shot 2 yesterday. Onw big, old dog with almost no teeth left. This is the time of year to get the educated, call shy ones, with a different sound.

Yes Pat, maybe that pic should go away. Even though it is 100% legal. We have no closed season here.

05-Jun-12
kudos to you Tracy for having a combo of "F the antis" attitude and a "thinking man's big picture" of being able to see the concerns about being "respectful". There are many in the hunting world that only have half of that equation, and it makes us all (as a hunting community) weaker, IMO.

also, kudos for the work on the coyotes, I wish I had a bit of your skill in that area!

21-Jul-12
Called in and shot 24 coyotes, removed a couple dens, and snared 6 coyotes since June 6th.

If you guys aren't out calling, you are missing out on some great action.

Roughly half of them had fawn in them when I check stomach contents.

21-Jul-12
tracy keep up the good work ,,

19-Sep-12

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo
I killed 30 since July 21, 29 called in and shot, 1 snared. I took 2 weeks off the coyotes for elk and deer hunting. I missed one with my bow during that time, rats!

19-Sep-12
Pat did you ever try the scopes around $500-$600? What is the cheapest scope you would recommend?

20-Sep-12
That mangy one was nasty, looked like a chupacabra!

21-Sep-12
I put an arrow through my first coyote this week when he ran a doe/ fawn back below my stand. It was pretty cool!

• Sitka Gear