LUNG$HOT 25-Oct-22
Woodsman 20-Dec-22
Woodsman 20-Dec-22
Jaquomo 20-Dec-22
midwest 20-Dec-22
Nick Muche 20-Dec-22
DanaC 21-Dec-22
27-Aug-14
I want to post a warning to everyone on here. While preparing for an arctic hunt this spring I found rave reviews for Northern Outfitters clothing here. I settled on other clothing for main garments but ordered a number of accessories from Northern Outfitters web site. The order was charged to my credit card within two days but the trip came and went without the order being delivered. In the months that followed I called many times and got Northern Outfitters voicemail every time. Messages were left and no return call was ever received. I sent numerous emails also with no response. I finally resorted to disputing the charge through my credit card and that process has started.

A search of the internet has revealed numerous other complaints of orders not being filled recently and no correspondence being answered. The companies own Facebook page seems abandoned and has similar complaints posted. I don't know if the company has closed doors or is just the worst operating business in history but either way please be warned and do not place an order with them.

27-Aug-14
That's a shame because that is best in class equipment without a doubt I've used it twice up there I did find it strange in checking their website out a couple months ago but they didn't have any boots listed which was one of their signature items

27-Aug-14
Still the same issue on the website you click on boots and all they do is list of pair of socks no boots at all

27-Aug-14

27-Aug-14
Sucks cause I have a couple items from them and they have definitely helped me stay warm working in -50 temps. I was going to order some more for this winter thanks for the warning.

28-Aug-14
wow that sucks I own there complete cold weather outfit .. Its the best out there

29-Aug-14
hunterx -

Thanks for the heads-up, I was seriously thinking about ordering an item, or two, from them soon.

04-Jan-17

gonesailing's embedded Photo
See the disintegrated polyurethane soles.
gonesailing's embedded Photo
See the disintegrated polyurethane soles.
You guys might want to be warned about the Northern Outfitters Boots. I called the owner of the company in Florida this afternoon. He told me that the boots had a “shelf life” and that the soles disintegrate after a certain number of years. In other words, he knows about it and said that all of them do this.

I asked what provision he has to replace these as it is a design fault. He said "None" and he will not honor any type of warranty.

Please spread the word so that would-be buyers are warned. I have three sets of EXP boots that are useless.

04-Jan-17
I believe that was information shared on the company site when they had one. There is a shelf life based on the materials used and the design. I think it was 10 years if I remember. I had a full NO outfit and it was fantastic.

16-Nov-18
I heard they are now out of business and after checking out their website it looks to be the case.

24-Oct-22
Pulled my Northern Outfitter extreme cold boots couple weeks ago. Had em wrapped up and packaged perfect to be stored. Grabbed a boot and it fell apart in my hand. Sticky rubber almost like it was melting. Sole of boot fell into a 100 pieces and sticky mess on anything. Haven't worn those boots since 2005. I have 2 sets of the insulated foam - one set never been worn. Anybody need em let me know but figure all the boots they made have fallen apart by now.

24-Oct-22
I sure miss cityhunter. He’s been gone now around 4 years.

24-Oct-22
I do too Charlie, we talked a couple times on the phone and he sure seemed like a good guy.

24-Oct-22
The soles had an advertised shelf life back when the company was a company

24-Oct-22
City hunter was my kind of people for sure.

Enjoy life every single day. It’s short. Just remember eternity isn’t. So, be humble. And, accept The saving grace that God offered through the death and resurrection of his son Jesus Christ. It’s the only way to spend eternity enjoying it. And, it’s the only long lasting satisfaction you can find in both the short and long term. God bless men.

24-Oct-22
Chalk me up as another that misses City. He was a great guy.

25-Oct-22
Yep, He was a genuine guy. Caught me off guard seeing his name on a post.

20-Dec-22
I’m so disappointed that there isn’t any way to rebuild the soles and welts of these boots. I couldn’t figure out where the black sticky stuff on my floor was coming from till I moved my boots. Blizzard in Minnesota this week is coming and I was going to use these. I may go down to RedWing to see if they can put welts and soles on these. I spent some really long cold hours in tree stands with this clothing and was successful because I never got cold and had to move.

20-Dec-22

20-Dec-22
Yes, I was proud to call Louis a friend, and I miss him too. Great guy.

20-Dec-22
Louis was a friggin killer. Miss his hunt stories from g.bear country and the pepperoni he'd send at Christmas time!

20-Dec-22
Miss him as well…. Sucks losing friends long before you should.

21-Dec-22
Any chance you could glue on some ensolite for soles, maybe with 'shoe goo' ?

• Sitka Gear