Bhank 29-Apr-21
Shuteye 29-Apr-21
smarba 29-Apr-21
Powder 29-Apr-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 29-Apr-21
JusPassin 30-Apr-21
Rgiesey 01-May-21
22-Jun-15
Wondering if anyone has used one of these stands. Any input is appreciated.

22-Jun-15
heck part of the fun is siiting in a messed up stand

22-Jun-15

Bushbow's embedded Photo
Bushbow's embedded Photo
I make my own - turn buckles in the cables and an adjustable foot gives all the adjustment I have ever needed.

22-Jun-15

Bushbow's embedded Photo
Bushbow's embedded Photo

22-Jun-15
I do not have a pic of mine but I change my cables with chains. I put a short piece (maybe 4links) fastened to the top then can adjust with a quick link. Works real good.

22-Jun-15
I guess I have never thought about altering regular stands like that. I would think that by adjusting just the cables it would torque the stand pretty good when on the platform but that's just my guess.

I should have stated in my original post that If anyone has used a similar adjustable stand to bring that up too. Where I hunt there doesn't seem to be a straight tree. I think with an adjustable stand it would really increase my options.

22-Jun-15
By torquing the stand I mean that by having one shorter than the other. I have a few older stands around so I'll try it out.

22-Jun-15
I hunt out of a lone wolf. All good.

25-Jun-15
Plastic washers would help also

25-Jun-15
I'm with Spike Bull on this one. Kinda scary.

Not sure if those turnbuckles are 3/8" or 5/16" but 3/8" are typically around 200-225lb rating and 5/16 are around 130-160lb. They do tend to strip out of the body at much lower weights so be very careful with that setup.

25-Jun-15
lone wolf

25-Jun-15
My hunting partner was one of those guys Pat mentions, and he built awesome stands with adjustable sliders on top and bottom. Similar to bushbow's except not attached to each other so we had four leveling points. We quickly straightened and leveled them on all sorts of weird trees.

25-Jun-15

Buckiller's embedded Photo
Buckiller's embedded Photo
I agree that modifying stands can be dangerous. When I started this thread I was looking for people with experience using the factory adjustable stands. Kinda surprised nobody has chimed in yet.

25-Jun-15

shorty's Link
I bought an Equalizer tree stand several years ago and I really like that stand. It is a climbing stand has plenty of room and has an available rest for gun hunting. I think they are still making them.

29-Apr-21
Does anybody on this thread know more about the leveler stand? I recently picked up another piece to hunt, and found a guy selling 4 of these stands (still in the box). Just curious on the background of them.

29-Apr-21
I have had two stands that had built in adjustments. I think one was called a Tree Lounge and the other I can't remember the name but it worked great. They were both large stands and very comfortable. I could safely nap in the Tree Lounge and spent many days from sun up to sunrise in it. I don't use climbing stands any more at 79 years of age I ain't what I used to be.

29-Apr-21
When I opened this thread and began reading I didn't realize it was from so long ago. 2nd comment made me chuckle...then I noted who it was by...RIP Lou...

29-Apr-21
I don't do much, if any modifications to the stand itself. What I've found extremely helpful in keeping the stand safe and secure is to put a ratchet strap around the stand and tree in addition to the straps that come with the stand. If you haven't done this you will be amazed at how much this helps.

29-Apr-21
No straight trees? Perfect. Saddle time ;). Adjust the levelor on platform and your good. Bingo

30-Apr-21
Crooked tree just aren't worth the hassle. I didn't even try hunting from them when I was young.

01-May-21

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Shot a course buck from this stand

• Sitka Gear