Too Many Bows Bob 30-Nov-17
Bowfreak 30-Nov-17
Woods Walker 30-Nov-17
ELKMAN 01-Dec-17
Dirk Diggler 01-Dec-17
splitlimb13 01-Dec-17
15-Nov-17

elkstabber's Link
Lots of bowsiters helped to straighten me out when I asked about the quality control of Rage broadheads. I started a thread a week or so ago (link attached above).

I wanted to set the record straight on what I learned and the end result of purchasing Rage broadheads on ebay.

First, there are obvious Chinese copies of Rage broadheads that sell for about $1 apiece. Keep in mind that the authentic Rage broadheads sell for $45 for 3. But, where I got duped was thinking that a 3 pack in a sealed package for $23 (half price) was a good deal. If they were authentic it would have been a good deal, but the ones I bought weren't authentic. Legitimate dealers like MidwayUSA sometimes sell Rage broadheads for 1/2 price, so it's not unusual to see them for sale. The problem is that on ebay they are selling the Chinese copies in very authentic packaging as though they are legitimate.

I emailed the Rage folks in WS and was told to look for these signs of a copy: 1. The shock collar of a copy won't have writing on the back side 2. The blades of a copy will be stamped out and not cut (also not sharp) 3. The screw on the copy will be a different size and will be more rounded.

What caught my eye immediately was that the ferrules were bent on 2 out of 3. This means that the arrow will likely miss or wound a deer. I only found this because I spin tested each one and, truthfully, very few bowhunters would have ever done this. Most bowhunters would screw on the broadheads, miss or wound something, and blame themselves. This pisses me off!

I notified ebay of the fakes that I bought and returned them to the seller (who paid the shipping). And finally, ebay made the seller refund my money entirely. So I didn't lose any money. My confidence in ebay was restored, except that the seller hasn't been banned from ebay.

NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY RAGE BROADHEADS ON EBAY !!!!

15-Nov-17
I can't imagine not spin testing a head. Sorry to hear about your experience.

15-Nov-17
I bought some Trypans and replacement blades on eBay. Saved $15 and they were legit. You can buy 2 packs (6 broadheads) of them on there right now for $77.50 through the same seller I bought from. I think it's like $50 a pack retail for the Trypans.

Check out the seller before buying like anything else on eBay.

15-Nov-17
I don't understand why eBay does nothing to stop people from selling pirated items, and Rage seems to do nothing either. It's easy enough for them to go on eBay and see all the illegal items claiming to be Rage. Why don't they defend their patents and prosecute eBay and the sellers?

15-Nov-17
"Rage broadheads - DON'T"

There, I fixed it for ya! ;-)

15-Nov-17
Rage Broadheads are made in china at least the ferrels are

15-Nov-17
It’s really pretty simple… I’d guess that if you’re buying direct from Rage (or any authorized seller) they won’t be coming FROM China.

But I agree that it’s just plain stupid for any company to let counterfeiters tip off customers and wreck a brand’s reputation.

And I think all mechanical heads are just a straight-up crappy idea to begin with... so it’ not as if I’m a big fan of theirs...,

16-Nov-17
Midway had legit 125 Rage Hypodermics and Extremes for $15/pack in the summer and there was a $10/pack mail in rebate on top of that.

16-Nov-17

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Believe me Rage is doing everything within their power to eliminate this. Why on earth would any company want to loose sales to criminals. And as far as Rage and where their supposedly made, and whether or not they're any good? They seem to do do just fine every single year for me... JS

20-Nov-17
When I do a search on eBay for anything, I first set the "US Only" button on the search filters, it weeds out most of the cheap knock-off junk.

20-Nov-17
Surfbow: I did that too. The vendor that I bought from said he was in Massachusetts. But the package came from Illinois. Either way, they were cheap Chinese knock-offs.

I agree that it weeds out most of the junk, but not nearly enough.

20-Nov-17
elkstabber, that guy probably bought them from China for $5 and is reselling them for $23.

20-Nov-17
It shouldn't surprise any mfg that sources from China, to see their product being sold direct.

20-Nov-17
"But I agree that it’s just plain stupid for any company to let counterfeiters tip off customers and wreck a brand’s reputation."

No company "let's" counterfeiters do it, the counterfeiters do it all by themselves. Very difficult to stop.

21-Nov-17
As already alluded too by Bob, when manufactures have (some of) their product made in China like Rage, they run the risk of these Chinese factories selling the same product out the back door.

Maybe the "Made In The USA" label should carry more weight with these mfg's who are complaining about the "knock-offs" (ie...what they themselves sell) and the people who buy their products.

21-Nov-17
I believe that a previous post said that only the ferule on the Rage is made in China, however, these Chinese knock-offs do not have the same ferules as genuine Rage. Therefore, I don't think that the company that is making them for Rage is the same one that is making the junk they sell on eBay.

24-Nov-17
Damn thieves! This type of thing really pisses me off. I've had intellectual property (patented designs) copied from China. Frustrating. I've invented, prototyped, developed and started molding a few things lately. I've been selling them on eBay. Everybody says "dude, you should patent that!". That sounds good in theory but realistically I could never afford to litigate and know the Chinese will steal it anyway. My sales really dropped off recently so I'm assuming someone has already copied the designs and are selling it. Oh well, I made enough to pay for a taxidermy bill, a new bow and tags for next year. Just have to repeat the process again I guess.

30-Nov-17
The broadhead is the only piece of equipment that actually kills the critter. So trying to save a few buck on a "deal" seems crazy to me. Especially when you consider all the money you spend on bows, tree stands, clothing, etc..

TMBB

30-Nov-17
Companies don't have to outsource their products to get pirated by the Chinese. Magnus has had the same thing happen.

If it's on eBay and it's cheap from a handle like Genghiskhan69 it's probably fake.

30-Nov-17
"The broadhead is the only piece of equipment that actually kills the critter. So trying to save a few buck on a "deal" seems crazy to me. Especially when you consider all the money you spend on bows, tree stands, clothing, etc.."

EXACTLY! The broadhead is the LAST thing I want to skimp on! One might even argue that it may very well be your most important piece of equipment.

01-Dec-17
Agreed^^^

01-Dec-17

Dirk Diggler's embedded Photo
Dirk Diggler's embedded Photo

01-Dec-17
DONT !!! END OF STORY WITH RAGE .... PERIOD !!!! HAHA

• Sitka Gear