PECO 25-Nov-17
tobinsghost 25-Nov-17
Bou'bound 25-Nov-17
Bowriter 26-Nov-17
Bowriter 26-Nov-17
Boreal 26-Nov-17
PECO 26-Nov-17
25-Nov-17
This is not about bowhunting so, if not interested, read no further. Friend of mine called an hour ago. Said he just got word, the slab crappie are hitting on live minnows in a spot he and I fish a lot. Wanted to go, Monday. I explained it was deer season. He replied, "So, put the rifle in the boat. " Let me explain. The creek in which we catch the big slabs, is completely bordered by Corps of Engineers land-open to hunting, accessible only by boat and perfectly legal so long as the boat is not under power and all other regs are followed. I can't count then number of deer I have seen while fishing. So...why not? I still have some families wanting deer meat and I have about 300, doe tags left to fill. I have killed about a dozen deer with a bow, hunting this land. Sounds like a good time for true, pond and pasture.

This morning was a bust. saw parts and pieces of two but no shot. Got warm by 8:00 and wind shifted but from the sound of it, the duck hunters had a great morning. had one flock of maybe 50, come over me. River is 5-600 yards away. On way out, L.O. flagged me down, thanked me for the polite way I treated his neighbors, two days ago. Said they really appreciated it. Good L-O-R...land owner relations. Now...couch-football-nap.

25-Nov-17

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
300 doe tags left to fill????? I went fishing today too, the Rainbows were hitting the best I have ever got into them. I kept the ones that swallowed the hook, the larger one put me at limit. It was sunny and too hot for the end of November.

25-Nov-17
Peco, nice haul! Headed up to cabin tomorrow for 2 days of fishing!

25-Nov-17
A new definition of a crappy hunting day. Good luck. Ever fish watts bar lake John.

26-Nov-17
Tell the truth, 'Bou. I can't remember. I may have but I can't recall it.

26-Nov-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Peco- we can kill 3 does a day for 111-days, here. I was just kidding. I try to kill 8-10 a year, feed several needy families and mine. I am at six, now with just over a month to go, plus a trip to AL where I usually kill 2-3.

As for trout, we have some great trout fishing down here and from now until about early March, is the prime time for the big ones 8-pounds and up. Lots this size.

26-Nov-17
Wow! Fishing and rifle hunting! Awesome! Those guys that banned you from the other bowhunting only site have no idea what they're missing!

26-Nov-17
You and Jimmy keep it up with all your deer down there and now great fishing, I just may need to relocate. But I hate snakes.

• Sitka Gear