Deertick 30-Nov-17
Heat 30-Nov-17
Brotsky 30-Nov-17
Heat 30-Nov-17
Kurt 01-Dec-17
loprofile 01-Dec-17
Charlie Rehor 01-Dec-17
30-Nov-17
I use ScoutLook frequently during my scouting. It’s been very useful. Are there any other apps that you’ve found useful for scouting or navigation?

30-Nov-17
OnXhunt maps are outstanding. I use them extensively.

30-Nov-17
Scoutlook x2

30-Nov-17
Gaia GPS is great. I use it now all the time. Some have reported here that the private land maps are more reliable than On-X. I don't know about that, but the interface is very easy and adaptable.

30-Nov-17
I have an Avenza map app on my phone to use with USFS Motor Vehicle Use Maps. Very basic but works great for driving, not so much for hiking. Location feature shows your exact position on the map with Lat/Long. The FS maps are free but I think you can get Flatline Maps with lots of features with similar function for a fee.

30-Nov-17
Heat, I use that same Avenza PDF maps app. Great for knowing if the trail you are on is open for travel etc and for planning routes. It’s also free which is awesome!

30-Nov-17
You got it Brotsky, with the new travel regs, you can't really tell whether the route is open or closed without a current map. This app takes the guesswork out and is quite a bit more useful than a paper map. I also like that it works off the GPS in airplane mode so you don't need a phone signal for it to work.

01-Dec-17
We have the “Hunt Buddy” app which is only for British Columbia. All the hunting regulations are available in the App. However the best part is when you log in, it tells you what region and management unit you are sitting in (based off the phone GPS) and what seasons are open as well as the bag limit. With our variety of seasons for different regions and units the App is great, (and frankly necessary). And you always have the regulations along with you if you have the phone. And no you don’t need cell towers to use it. Looks like the developer is enhancing it with some better map/aerial photos in the works as well. COST is a onetime $5.00 App charge!

01-Dec-17
Antlerinsanity is free and great

01-Dec-17
Scoutlook and Hunt Stand for me. Marking stands so I can walk in in the dark and the weather/wind I use Scoutlook. For Land parcel owners I use Hunt Stand. Good luck. C

• Sitka Gear