Bowriter 03-Dec-17
Paul@thefort 03-Dec-17
stick n string 03-Dec-17
Bowriter 03-Dec-17
Bowriter 03-Dec-17
03-Dec-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Finally, a doe walks out, 7:20. Shot looks great, so I just sit there until 8:00. Get down, walk to where I thought she fell. No deer, do a little looking-big pools of blood…for 75-yards, steady stream of blood, then smaller, then pin pricks, then zero. I revert to my old habit of deciding where I would go. I check the nearest fence crossing, Yep, blood on a stick at the fence. Wide open pasture with cows. So I start walking the perimeter fence. Yep, two big spots of blood, looks as though she laid there a while. I am convinced, she has crossed that fence. I don’t have permission to hunt there but I do have permission to blood trail. She some clothes and leave all my crap right there. Cross fence, open woodlot…all except on small thicket on a pond bank. Yep, there she be. Dead as a mackerel. Shot was perfect, both lungs and a piece of heart. I reckon she went about 350-yards in almost a circle. #6 has now been checked in and delivered. And I have had one heck of a cardio workout. They are tough aminals.

03-Dec-17

Blood started like this. Then, went to this. and then to nothing the last 150 yards.

03-Dec-17
Well done. You worked for that one. Congrats John.

03-Dec-17

I'll be sore tomorrow, had to drag her about 200-yards and over one fence. I spect she gained 150-pounds before I got her in the truck-mobile. Beautiful morning. this is the moon when I left the house at 5:40.

03-Dec-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
It is very amazing how far they can actually go after a good hit. This doe shot through the windpipe and major artery in the neck, and bled like a "stuck pig" went over 250 yards.

Good tracking job by you for sure, especially when the blood trail disappears. my best, Paul

03-Dec-17
Looks a lot like the tard doe

03-Dec-17

Stick- you are 100% correct. Hit the wrong file. This is the one from this morning. Glad you caught that. I file picture under different categories and the way you have upload on Bowsite, makes me go to different files. I didn't even notice it.

03-Dec-17

This is the doe I killed the Monday before T'giving-the last one I saw until this morning. Shot in about the same place. She went about four feet.

• Sitka Gear