BullBuster 17-Jul-18
Zbone 19-Jul-18
Leatherneckgrandpa 19-Jul-18
Zbone 19-Jul-18
Zbone 20-Jul-18
13-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Some cool trail cam pics captured on coyote bait!! Got a few real cool pics!! Shawn

13-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Another, younger eagle flying off in the background!! Shawn

13-Mar-18
I have a few more I have to down load yet. Thought it was pretty cool I have several eagles together. These were snapped on a trail cam less then 15 minutes from the capital of NY!! Shawn

13-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
This one is pretty cool with the crow not being intimidated!! Shawn

13-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Three all hanging out together enjoying the free food, everything was frozen over when these were taken so I am sure they appreciated the food!! Shawn

13-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
One more!! Shawn

14-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Got a couple of hawks as well!

14-Mar-18
Cool pictures, thanks for sharing!

I really do enjoy watching birds of prey do their thing, but in all honesty, the bald eagle is just another nasty scavenger. The turkey is a more intelligent bird and quite majestic!

Hawks are probably my favorite though.

14-Mar-18
But If the turkey ?? was our national bird would we be allowed to hunt them.Think our founding fathers got it right.Cool pictures thanks for sharing Lewis

14-Mar-18
What did you feed them?

14-Mar-18
Turkeys are morons.

14-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
It was bait for coyotes, lots of fresh chicken quarters and stuff from local butcher!! Shawn

14-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Wrong photo, here is another of the red tails!!

14-Mar-18
Great pics for sure!

14-Mar-18

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Eagle picked a fish off the lake right next to our boat. There's another one, wings set, beaten to the breakfast by 30 feet.

14-Mar-18
Great pics Shawn!!

Great to see there incredible recovery!

Mark

14-Mar-18

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

14-Mar-18

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
I did the same thing. Put a coyote carcass and a few coon carcass on the river in front of my house.

14-Mar-18

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo

14-Mar-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
We live close to the Mississippi River (Ill/Ia border) & take frequent outings as my wife is a better than average photographer.

14-Mar-18

Love these awesome birds..

14-Mar-18
Ironically just the other day I was closest to a wild Bald Eagle ever in my life as one flew across in front of me on a state route and landed in a tree alone side the road in Muskingum county, OH... Thing was close only 30 - 40 yards away... It was huge, suspect a big female... Beautiful bird...

14-Mar-18
Scar, don't buy into this wives tale that the Bald Eagle is just a "nasty scavenger". They are amazing predators in their own right, but when you're the big guy on campus it's usually easier to take someone else's lunch. Trust me, they can and do hunt!

14-Mar-18
SouthFarm,

Oh I know they can and do hunt, and I think they are a magnificent bird. I lived around them for 5 years in Florida, they are everywhere down there. And we have two breeding pairs not far from where I work. I am very familiar with them. My post was more in jest of JTV's post. I really like the Golden Eagle, but as I stated Hawks are my favorite. Either way, those are incredible pictures you all posted. I am not a very good photographer.

14-Mar-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
I have one living in my yard at times.

14-Mar-18

An young one.

15-Mar-18
We did not have many till the heavy snow cover. Then they were looking for easy food!! Shawn

15-Mar-18
Great pics, Shawn!

I’ve set a camera up on carcasses the past few years as well, but ran it on video. Amazing all the stuff you get on camera. Eagles, all sorts of hawks, coyotes, Fox, coons, grinners, mink, a weasel, tons of woodpeckers and songbirds I even got some video of an Osprey last year. Didn’t know we even had them in our area. Years ago, it was rare to see an eagle around here. Now, they are very common. There’s a pair that nest about 1/2 mile from me, on the river. You could almost park a Volkswagen on their nest, as big as it is!

Most of you are probably aware of “eagle cam”. If not, check it out. Pretty interesting stuff.

15-Mar-18
I have a video of one eating a road killed deer. What is cool is that it is within a couple hundred yards of the fifth largest rail yard in the world. In the 80"s our DEC did a re-stocking effort along the Alcove reservoir and from those first 3 pairs we now have a couple hundred pairs in Albany and surrounding counties. Shawn

15-Mar-18

stick n string's Link
Go to the PA game commission website. Live eagle cam there, set up on a nest. Incredible to see how much stuff they bring up into the nest to feed the chicks once they hatch, and crazy how long some of the stuff lays in the side of the nest. Last year or the year before, they brought a skunk or cat, something black up into nest

15-Mar-18

Outdoordan's embedded Photo
Outdoordan's embedded Photo
Great pictures! Here's one I got in November.

16-Mar-18
Ya, we're really blessed with the eagles up here. Have a pair that nests about 60 yards from the cottage. I "drop" small walleyes on the boat every now and then and give them an easy one ;) Another pair nests about a 1000 yards down river. Ever mile or so there is another nest.

27-Mar-18
We are starting to get them here in Southern Illinois. A few months back there was one out in the field about 50 yards off the road as I went to town. Actually starting to see them on a fairly regular basis over the last year.

I actually think one has tried to grab my daughters cat once or twice. The scratches are more like what I think a set of talons would leave than what he would have if it had been a yote or another cat. IDK.... He never had scratches like these until we started seeing eagles around. I would think he would have a hard time getting away from an eagle, but he is a pretty big kitty and he does know how to fight.....

I do know that one lady around here claims she let her little house dog out to do its thing and she watched an eagle swoop down and grab it. Got it about 10 feet off the ground and dropped it when she ran outside screaming.... Who knows.....

I would think they could play thunder on cats and smaller dogs around here. Those animals never had to worry about a threat from the air before. Red tail hawks and owls were the biggest aerial predators around here and they wouldn't mess with most cats or dogs.

27-Mar-18
I was living Lynden, Washington in the late 70's. Last May my younger brother and I had to travel back to Blaine, Wa. for the passing of my older brother. While there, I had forgotten how many eagles there are in that area. I truly loved to watch them fly.

16-Jul-18

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Happen to run across this interesting photo today you guys might like....

16-Jul-18
Wow, Golden Eagle.

The supreme avian predators.

16-Jul-18
Am guessing its scavenging off another type of death demise, but if not would have luved seeing that kill video...8^)

16-Jul-18
I've seen the Mongolian wolf hunting vids where they use golden eagles. Pretty amazing birds.

They make short work out of those smallish wolves.

16-Jul-18

ryanrc's embedded Photo
ryanrc's embedded Photo
Golden eagles!

16-Jul-18

Check this out.

17-Jul-18
Great vid.

17-Jul-18
That’s great. However Golden’s are th Supreme badasses in North America. Wish they were National Bird.

19-Jul-18
ryanrc - You have a better photo of that Golden on the Pronghorn?

19-Jul-18
I live in northern Colorado, but have been subscribing to Wyoming Wildlife mag for 30 years. Several years ago, WW mag ran an article, with photos, about golden eagles attacking and killing adult antelope. If I remember correctly - it's been several years - the article quoted Wyoming game officials as saying that they had heard of eagles killing adult antelope, but had no photographic proof. Eyewitnesses yes, but no pix. Well, a rancher did have photos and submitted them to the mag. In that issue, there were several photos, taken several minutes apart. The rancher stated that the eagle would swoop down, hit the antelope near the top of the back with his talons, then fly off. He would do this over and over. The first pix showed a lil bit of blood, the second pix showed more blood, and 4 or 5 pix later, the antelope was a bloody mess from the top down. The rancher, or author, whoever, stated that the antelope eventually got so weak from loss of blood that she just fell over.

One would think that the antelope would run away. But, where is it gonna run to? Hard to get away from an eagle in those wide, open spaces. Plus, I think the article said something about "shock." After the first couple of hits, that antelope was probably in a state of shock and just stood there, taking hit after hit. It was NOT a quick death. Took quite awhile, and enough hits, to get enough blood flowing to fatally weaken the antelope.

I have probably read a couple thousand articles in WW mag over the years, but that one really stood out. I spend quite a bit of time in southern Wyo fishing and occasionally hunting. Every time I see an eagle, I think of that article.

19-Jul-18
That looks like what was going on in ryanrc photo...

I have a series of photos a Golden chasing a full grown whitetail doe at full speed across a picked cornfield...

20-Jul-18

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Have posted this before here.... Iowa, February 13, 2010....

• Sitka Gear