BUCKeye 27-Jun-18
stick n string 27-Jun-18
stick n string 27-Jun-18
BOWNBIRDHNTR 29-Jun-18
Brotsky 29-Jun-18
Lovehunt11 01-Jul-18
26-Jun-18

pointingdogs's Link
WOW, I knew I lived in a great whitetail state, however, is it this good?? Currently at $11,500.00. It does go to a good cause, "Pheasants Forever".

26-Jun-18
I can see someone paying that for an Iowa deer tag. Otherwise, you'll be waiting years. Lots of guys out there with a ton of money and the desire to hunt Iowa more than every 4-5 years.

26-Jun-18
I’d much rather see a few NR tags go to organizations like PF, than for the certain same nonresidents to be able to purchase “celebrity” tags year after year after year.

26-Jun-18
^^^Agreed. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth as well.

27-Jun-18

Hawkarcher's Link
Iowa Bowhunters Association got one to auction too.

27-Jun-18
+1 T-roy, I'm wondering how I get one of those celebrity tags? After all, as Ron Burgundy would say, "I'm kind of a big deal." :)

27-Jun-18
I agree...... give Brotsky a tag.

27-Jun-18
In the overall scheme of whitetail hunting, IMO those are bringing a silly price @ 12k-18k. Enough to buy 2 or 3 top-end fully outfitted, private land archery whitetail hunts in other states, like KS, CO, KY, IL, OH, etc. But, that's how auctions work......rational thought and logic don't factor. Guys who buy those tags needn't carefully weigh the economies & options ;-). Happy for the orgs who are reaping the benefits.

27-Jun-18
Why not go to one of the large Midwestern game farms for that price and have the guaranteed pick of the litter 200 + incher?

27-Jun-18
I love watching auctions where guys with money go at it. It's fun to watch from the standpoint of a person that doesn't have the money :)

Some people look at it and say "Oh man these guys and their egos they'll throw all this money out the door just to pretend their penis is longer than the next guy." In reality, I think we should all be thankful there are guys willing to "throw money out the window" because that is what benefits a heck of a lot of NFP's across the country. Sure, it's not top value for their money, but as "commoners" we hope that those with plenty would spend it different than the rest of us would.

27-Jun-18
14,500 and climbing , can't see paying that to hunt a whitetail. I guess if I didn't live in Illinois maybe my view would be different but unreal what someone is willing to pay to kill some antlers lol.

27-Jun-18
Where a lot of you guys are going wrong is seeing this as guy's paying big money to shoot antlers. These guys often times are paying big dollars for conservation with a little something in return. I know I have personally paid 4-5 times what something was worth in support of RMEF, BHA, or other organizations I support because the money goes to a good cause.

27-Jun-18
Brotsky +1.

Typically people who have money don't have it by being stupid. The vast majority of the people who are bidding on these hunts know they can go to other states and get a few private land hunts for a fraction of the cost but they see that they can get a good hunt and help a good organization at the same time, so to them it is a win win. In addition, I believe that many of these auctions are viewed as a charitable contribution so you can deduct from taxes.

27-Jun-18
If you were earning 5 million a year being a Country band star sneaking in a week of Iowa Hunting would be a nice cheap vacation!

Best country on earth!

27-Jun-18
Right on Charlie and Brotsky. Some of the most humble and generous people I've known have been wealthy people. Some of the most annoying people I know are the most frugal. Especially if they have money and still leach off of others and don't share in the cost of the hunt.

27-Jun-18
Presuming that this, like most auction tags, is largely tax deductible? So the real cost is the purchase price minus the tag face value * (1- tax rate)?

27-Jun-18
Damn just got outbid. LOL.

27-Jun-18
The tax deductible part is only what is paid above the normal cost of the hunt.

27-Jun-18
Brotsky is right. It ain't about the deer as much as the org. I've bought a bunch of stuff in the past at DU, Delta Waterfowl, NRA, and NWTF. I can't spend that kinda money anymore as I'm now on Uncle Sugar's payroll and he's tight as a tick, but it was fun while it lasted. The free drinks weren't bad either !

27-Jun-18
Brotsky, I'm going to need to see proof of many leather bound books and somehow verify the smell of rich mahogany…

27-Jun-18
What can I say stick? People know me, I’m very important. :)

27-Jun-18
"Don't act like you're not impressed"

27-Jun-18

stick n string's embedded Photo
stick n string's embedded Photo

27-Jun-18
Ribs. I had ribs for lunch. That is why i am doing this.

29-Jun-18
I think the tag would have to go to Half Pint. Brotsky's celebrity status has been riding on her shirttails for several years now.

29-Jun-18
There's no disputing that, I'm just the silent financial backer:)

01-Jul-18
An Iowa resident I am lucky to pay $28 for a deer tag, and I can buy every year

• Sitka Gear