Another celeb bowhunter caught poaching.
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
Bowfreak 28-Jun-18
Mule Power 28-Jun-18
spike78 28-Jun-18
Treeline 28-Jun-18
Grubby 28-Jun-18
jjs 28-Jun-18
Bowfreak 28-Jun-18
Grubby 28-Jun-18
Vids 28-Jun-18
jdee 28-Jun-18
midwest 28-Jun-18
midwest 28-Jun-18
Michael 28-Jun-18
jdee 28-Jun-18
thedude 28-Jun-18
Vids 28-Jun-18
Jaquomo 29-Jun-18
lv2bohunt 29-Jun-18
sticksender 29-Jun-18
BOWNBIRDHNTR 29-Jun-18
Brotsky 29-Jun-18
loprofile 29-Jun-18
Inshart 29-Jun-18
Bowfreak 29-Jun-18
bow-hnt 29-Jun-18
APauls 29-Jun-18
lewis 29-Jun-18
Mark Watkins 29-Jun-18
LBshooter 29-Jun-18
Mt. man 29-Jun-18
jdee 29-Jun-18
Matt Palmquist 29-Jun-18
Brotsky 29-Jun-18
wilbur 29-Jun-18
joehunter8301 01-Jul-18
Hawkeye 01-Jul-18
Tjw 01-Jul-18
SDHNTR(home) 02-Jul-18
PECO 02-Jul-18
Rut Nut 02-Jul-18
longbeard 02-Jul-18
Bowfreak 02-Jul-18
ground hunter 02-Jul-18
midwest 02-Jul-18
Brotsky 02-Jul-18
Jethro 02-Jul-18
joehunter8301 02-Jul-18
deserthunter 02-Jul-18
Surfbow 04-Jul-18
wifishkiller 21-Jul-18
Jaquomo 22-Jul-18
DownHuntDownUnder 06-Aug-18
DownHuntDownUnder 07-Aug-18
Ucsdryder 04-Mar-19
yooper89 04-Mar-19
Ucsdryder 05-Mar-19
1boonr 05-Mar-19
Missouribreaks 05-Mar-19
Orion 05-Mar-19
Jaquomo 05-Mar-19
Glunt@work 05-Mar-19
Orion 05-Mar-19
Orion 05-Mar-19
Jaquomo 05-Mar-19
yooper89 05-Mar-19
yooper89 05-Mar-19
Bowfreak 05-Mar-19
Glunt@work 05-Mar-19
APauls 05-Mar-19
Bowfreak 05-Mar-19
Ucsdryder 05-Mar-19
ground hunter 06-Mar-19
Orion 06-Mar-19
BenMaher 06-Mar-19
spike78 06-Mar-19
APauls 06-Mar-19
Destroyer350 11-Mar-19
Glunt@work 11-Mar-19
spike78 11-Mar-19
Orion 11-Mar-19
timberdoodle 12-Mar-19
TEmbry 12-Mar-19
Tjw 12-Mar-19
timberdoodle 12-Mar-19
midwest 12-Mar-19
ki-ke 12-Mar-19
Predeter 12-Mar-19
iceman 12-Mar-19
Boreal 12-Mar-19
Jeff Durnell 12-Mar-19
Feedjake 13-Mar-19
Ucsdryder 13-Mar-19
midwest 13-Mar-19
Brotsky 13-Mar-19
Moose2367 13-Mar-19
krieger 13-Mar-19
TXHunter 14-Mar-19
Bowfreak 14-Mar-19
Glunt@work 14-Mar-19
t-roy 15-Mar-19
28-Jun-18

Bowfreak's Link
I attached the press release. I can't find the public record to link but on AT they say the public record says this is Adam Greentree.

28-Jun-18
Whoever that is. I’m glad I don’t pay any attention to tv hunters. My heroes are right here and in my elk camp.

28-Jun-18
I believe he is on the VPA website as one of their hunters.

28-Jun-18
In Oz??? Hell I thought they had no game laws down there on the other side of the big red line...

28-Jun-18
Wow Is he a celebrity?

28-Jun-18
Whisky Foxtrot Tango is a hunting celebrity?

28-Jun-18
Ok for the word parsers...call him what you want, I don't care. He is a sponsored bowhunter from Australia that has a big presence on the net, like 250K Instagram followers. For reference, the Bone Collector Instagram page has 238K followers and The Crush has 246K. He has his own podcast, has been on many other podcasts including Joe Rogan's. His reach is large and many non-hunters will recognize his name from Rogan alone.

I am starting to see why many nonhunters think that all hunters are poachers.

28-Jun-18
Cam Hanes has hunted oz with him at least a couple of times including very recently

28-Jun-18
I've heard of him from the Joe Rogan podcast, apparently he did a long backpack hunt in CO last year. I also heard he has hunted with Cam Hanes. I don't follow him though.

28-Jun-18
Didn't that guy post up an archery elk hunt on here a few years ago ? Seems like I remember the name Greentree and a long hunting post.

28-Jun-18
Sad to hear if it's true. I follow him on IG. He comes to the US and hunts elk solo in the backcountry, public land, and documents it all with his phone. Hardcore as hell and goes for weeks no matter the conditions. He just recently hunted with Cam, John Dudley, and Joe Rogan in Hawaii for axis deer.

As an aside....his wife is way hot.

28-Jun-18

28-Jun-18
I thought Pat did a feature on him while he was in The Yukon on here. A moose and caribou hunt if I remember.

28-Jun-18
He was on here hunting something . It was several years ago pretty good hunt but now it makes me wonder if it wasn't all B...S... ???

28-Jun-18
Ill wait until the "facts" come out before I form an opinion. I know lots of people who try damn hard to follow all the rules and some still make mistakes and I don't consider them poachers or terrible people. The context of the situation will come out. He doesnt seem like a chris brackett type though.

28-Jun-18
Let's wait until the whole story comes out. So far we just know "they" are saying it's Adam on AT. I've seen enough BS on AT in the past....

Not defending anyone or anything, just saying.....it's AT.

29-Jun-18
A couple of my friends hunt with Adam regularly and say he's as hardcore and skilled as they come. I've hunted with them and they are the real deal too. Game laws in Oz are sometimes strange. For instance, the legality of hunting on public land comes and goes at the whim of politicians. There is no season, license or limit on most deer species, hogs, goats, camels, donkeys, etc..

I'll deserve judgment until the whole story comes out.

29-Jun-18
So we are bashing a guy that isn’t even mentioned in the news article?

29-Jun-18
Quote: "Let's wait until the whole story comes out".

That's holding some very high expectations of the Keyboard Warrior Klan ;-)

29-Jun-18
By reading the original link all I see is one person trying to be clever with a little creative play on words. I don't see anyone in an official capacity stating an individuals name. Need more facts.

29-Jun-18
True or false, the entire premise of this thread, and the information surrounding it, proves once again that as hunters we are our own worst enemy.

29-Jun-18
"I'll deserve judgment until the whole story comes out"

???

29-Jun-18
Almost sounds like someone who is envious - or just plain doesn't like this guy is trying to smear him unjustly. Reading the additional tags from Dirt Digger, me thinks the keepers of the clans have dirty hands! **hand on chin ..... hmmmmmmm**

29-Jun-18
This could be a smear campaign, I don't know. If it is, I apologise for being duped and adding to the mess if that's the case. The legal record online doesn't have a list of charges just shows a court date for a criminal charge.

29-Jun-18
Cam Hanes does bowhunting videos? I thought he just like to show his workout videos? how he crushed it.... LOL

29-Jun-18
Keep Hammering guys.

29-Jun-18
I think Lou meant reserve judgment Lewis

29-Jun-18
I'm with Jaq......waiting for facts before judgment is passed...on anyone.

Mark

29-Jun-18
I've never heard of this guy and all I hope is IF these charges are true, I hope VPA cuts ties with this guy. Also, why can't the court really lay into these so called celebrities and make an example of them. How about a suspension of hunting rights for one year period. Second offense a five year and third offense lifetime suspension. I don't know why these penalties are so lite and have no teeth but time to rethink them. Will be watching to see what the outcome is.

29-Jun-18
He isn't listed on the VPA staff when I went and looked. I don't know him but like Jaq I will be waiting to see some actual facts because I know the laws down under are WHACK!

29-Jun-18
All the illegal's crossing the boarder think our laws are whacked too and don't pay any attention to them. If you don't like the law today don't obey it and most people are ok with it.

29-Jun-18
I saw the thread on archerytalk and it was started by a guy from Australia that went to AT just to start a thread about this. He didn't name Adam and I haven't found anywhere that did officially but it could be out there.

I agree with others on waiting for more information.

Matt

29-Jun-18
I think you missed my point. Dragging a guy through the mud and drawing light to a ALLEDGED poaching incident not only shines a poor light on the hunter who may be innocent but also makes all of us as bowhunters look bad. We are also our own worst enemies in the way we all are so quick to attack one of our own, regardless of what facts may or may not exist to convict a brother bowhunter. You can heat up the tar and your buddies can bring the feathers, posting about stuff like this before we actually know anything just puts it on all of us.

29-Jun-18
Caught poaching in the king's forest! Who deered to kill the King's dare?

01-Jul-18
Some of you would be far better off focusing your energy on more productive things. Could help your results in the field or the range as well :-)

01-Jul-18
+1 Joe

01-Jul-18
joe+3

02-Jul-18
+4 to my little buddy.

Once again, the quest for "fame", or the jealousy of it, on social media rears its ugly head. We have lost our way when the import of a man is judged by the number of his "followers". So effing ridiculous! Who "follows" people anyway? I just don't get it. I care about my family and my real friends that I have actual interpersonal relationships with. Who has the time or desire for fake relationships? I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really don't understand. I'm gonna go hug my kids now.

02-Jul-18
"Who "follows" people anyway?" Exactly!

02-Jul-18
Nate just nailed it! Only one man I follow......................................................and HE ain;t of this world! (anymore! ;-)

02-Jul-18
Dilly dilly!!

02-Jul-18
"Who "follows" people anyway?"

Pretty much everyone other than a few of us hold overs. I have zero social media. I don't even have Facebook but I know that over 80% of Americans use social media. For this reason alone when someone that posts their life on Instagram is even charged with poaching, it's bad for all of us.

02-Jul-18
I have never been on Face book,,,, I have no idea what instagram is, do not know what twitter is, do not care,,,,, like to buy my gear at the sportsman rummage sale and trad shoots, with cash and a handshake.................................. I live in a different world, and that is fine, too old to change at 68 ha ha ha............

this is about all the social media I participate in, plus trapping forums

If you never met a person, and have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut,,,,, most of this stuff, is BS anyway,,,,,,

I agree with Brotsky

02-Jul-18
"Who "follows" people anyway? I just don't get it. I care about my family and my real friends that I have actual interpersonal relationships with."

How is following someone you don't personally know on IG any different than reading and posting on Bowsite with a bunch of people you don't personally know?

I follow John Dudley because he teaches everything archery from setting up a bow to proper shooting form.

I follow Adam Greentree because he bowhunts all over the world year round and captures those hunts with video and photography.

I follow Bill Allard because of his fantastic wildlife photography.

I follow David Goggins because he is extremely motivating.

I also follow friends and family who share pictures of their kids, grandkids, special occasions, vacations, competitive events, etc.

It's entertainment, it's education, it's staying connected.

02-Jul-18
+1 Nick....this has nothing to do with social media frankly.

02-Jul-18
Did Greentree have anything to do with the poaching incident brought up in this thread? I realize his name was thrown around, but I didn't see in the links posted that he was involved.

02-Jul-18
Miss you Uncle Nate. Never be a leader trying to follow one.

02-Jul-18
I have said for years that the internet would be the ruin of us all. Now a days you are guilty until proven innocent. Even then the tarnish on you reputation never truly goes away because someone always digs it up years down the road. Really sad to see the way our young people are growing up without the drive to be outside and hunt and fish. I pray none of the people on here are ever accused of anything because you will be tried and convicted by your peers on here before the is day over.

04-Jul-18
It's amazing (embarrassing?) how people will jump on a bandwagon without being informed on the issue...

21-Jul-18
Wish this crap would be taken down, the net shaming is ridiculous before any actual facts come out.

22-Jul-18
Court date for whom?

06-Aug-18

DownHuntDownUnder's embedded Photo
DownHuntDownUnder's embedded Photo
Hi all, this might add a little clarity to the situation. The only information available at present is that a joint taskforce between New South Wales Police, and the National Parks Service is alleged to have caught Adam Greentree illegally hunting within the Towarri National Park in New South Wales. He was charged with two offences - the first is hunting an animal in a national park, and the second is possess a compound bow in a national park. He was issued a Court Attendance Notice to appear in the Scone Magistrates Court on 19 July. Adams legal representative appeared on his behalf on the 19th and sought an adjournment, so the matter is now set for mention in September. The taskforce was set up to combat illegal hunting in the national park. Adam Greentree bought a block of rural land immediately next to the national park a few years ago - you can draw your own conclusions from there.

07-Aug-18
LOL i have no idea what you just said.

04-Mar-19
I saw on another forum that he was found guilty of hunting in a national park.

04-Mar-19
Where did you see it?

05-Mar-19

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Looks like he is awaiting sentencing.

05-Mar-19
We have to go clear to Australia to find somebody to dump on when there is so many right here in the states

05-Mar-19
Hunting in areas off limits is trespassing and poaching, happens every day here in the US by many hunters. Killing any animal while trespassing is illegal, and therefore poaching.

05-Mar-19
Gotta go to Australia when they claim to be the greatest Instagram hunter known to man. Wonder if Hoyt and under armour and the rest of his sponsors will keep him.

05-Mar-19
So far, the only thing I can find about this "violation" are posts by haters on hunting forums, which seem to be based on rumors. Can someone produce an actual news article?

05-Mar-19
Sort of new territory for the flat brim generation. Boomers and GenXers certanly had our share of popular hunters who got in trouble. The cynicism from some that have been around a while might make them look like grumpy old guys but it comes from experience.

05-Mar-19
Jaquomo look three posts above he plead guilty to two charges and is being sentenced on the 11th

05-Mar-19

Orion's embedded Photo
Orion's embedded Photo

05-Mar-19
Ok, all I saw from the cut-paste was an LC sentence on the 11th. Didnt see that he had pled guilty. I have no dog in the fight, haven't met him, only have hunted with a couple of his hunting buddies who were super ethical when we hunted together. They spoke highly of Adam, but sometimes temptation rules.

05-Mar-19
Temptation rules when trying to advance that social media career.

05-Mar-19

yooper89's Link
Here's the link for those interested.

05-Mar-19
Australia seems like a cool place but there is a lot left to be desired on the reporting of their legal system. It seems extremely vague and hard to determine anything from their online information.

05-Mar-19
A wise person once told me to be careful judging people by their worst moments, especially without knowing the context. He asked if my worst moments defined who I was.

05-Mar-19
^^^^exactly. Could you imagine if we all judged Pat based solely on his turkey retrieval skills?

05-Mar-19
Good point Glunt, but know that if you plaster your life on social media for the world to be artificially propped up you might be chopped down as abruptly.

05-Mar-19
Bow freak I agree completely. We all make mistakes and pay for it. When you are an insta famous star and plaster your kills all over for everyone to see how amazing you are, you hold yourself to a different standard.

06-Mar-19
I like to talk bowhunting, but mostly social media is something I can not get my head around, but being in my late 60's now, I guess its a generational thing

My dad always taught me, when they ask where we got the brookies, it was on "never mind creek" different days

06-Mar-19
Chillkill he plead guilty

06-Mar-19
He pleaded guilty and is awaiting sentencing .

Very sad ... playing the moral high ground and profiting from such , whilst actually acting otherwise is very damaging for those of who value the hunting lifestyle we value. His sponsors should act . It’s the OZ hunting community that will suffer . I don’t give a toss about his bank balance or his feelings .

I am far more concerned about yet another nail in the coffin of perceived hunting ethic by the non hunting public .

Shameful .

06-Mar-19
It’s possible he could have been hunting a huge area and accidentally wandered just over the property line. If it happened to me on accident I would say my mistake and plead guilty pay a fine and be done with it. Probably all it was.

06-Mar-19
Unless the action is something egregious like spotlighting or hunting out of season or something I'm generally not going to throw a stone. I've been blamed for offenses that weren't even offenses as well as done things wrong in my day. More than once I've had to explain the law to game wardens and police officers. If someone put it online at the wrong time I could look like a real douche. I don't feel like I'm a real douche but maybe that's just my own opinion of myself lol

11-Mar-19

Destroyer350's Link
Looks like he got away with it.

11-Mar-19
Interesting. Never heard of pleading guilty and avoiding conviction. Must be an Australia thing.

11-Mar-19
Here in the USA they love taking your money! He was probably 20 yards onto the park property by accident not what I call a poacher.

11-Mar-19
So I can be twenty yards into Yellowstone shoot an elk and be alright?

12-Mar-19
He's a nice guy. The deer are feral animals. That old classic defense. Poach away (apparently)...

12-Mar-19
I think their mentality towards non native species differs greatly from how our state agencies protect our wildlife.

That said, he did break the rules. I won’t drag him through the mud cause I have no clue what the details of this case are.

12-Mar-19
Huh .. shot a feral animal they don't want in the national park. pleaded guilty of making mistake, judge felt like he does a lot of great things for the community, and u guys want him hung? I understand he is a celebrity and is held to high standards. The judge felt like it was a honest mistake maybe we should also. and also there is also over zealous wardens, I had one mess with my 12 year old for not signing a turkey tag. A tag that I bought for conservation wildlife charity. My point is everyone has crossed a line by accident, this one doesn't look that bad.

12-Mar-19
Everyone makes mistakes, sure. Did he admit making a mistake? Sounds like he just claimed he was hunting on his neighbors until they presented photo & gps evidence otherwise. The article says that he plead guilty to hunting and killing a red deer and possessing a compound bow in the Towarri National Park in 2017. Nothing about apologizing or admitting a mistake. My guess is that if most of us had that high of a profile, we'd be pretty sure where the national park boundaries were, especially near your own property, if we were really trying to stay legal... Seems to me if he's going to be a "celebrity hunter", he has the responsibility of not shooting the holes in the boat of other legal hunters. Maybe he can start up an "outlaw hunting show" with Spann & Brackett and keep modeling the way... It'll be interesting to see how Hoyt feels about one of their ambassadors being involved in hunting in a national park, and whether UA will give him the same treatment they gave the Bowmars for drawing unwanted attention.

12-Mar-19
If I knowingly shot an animal in an area off limits to hunting, I likely wouldn't post pics on social media showing the area and leave the carcass.

12-Mar-19
No offense to some of the “mature” fellas on here who predictably point out the evils of social media, but I can’t help but see a bit of irony when they are posting such comments here......??

12-Mar-19
Sounded to me like he pled guilty because he couldn't prove where he took the shot, makes me think he shot it on private and then it apparently ran into the park.

I would guess he took the advice of his legal counsel and discussed everything with his sponsors before making his plea. Likely knew what the verdict would be before he chose to plead guilty.

12-Mar-19

iceman's embedded Photo
iceman's embedded Photo

12-Mar-19
LOL. Gotta love Bowsite where you're guilty until you're proven guilty, unless you're innocent, then you're still guilty!

12-Mar-19
Who?

13-Mar-19
None of you guys who were happily pre-roasting Greentree have anything to say?

13-Mar-19
Jake he was found guilty according to everything I’ve seen. Guilty without sentencing is still guilty.

13-Mar-19
He wasn't found guilty, he pleaded guilty. His reasoning is in the statement above. Sounds like the judge saw it for what it was and let him off.

It will be interesting to see how this affects his sponsors. I haven't heard anything in that regard.

13-Mar-19
I stand by my original statements on this thread....even more so seeing the latest.

13-Mar-19
He pled guilty because he he is guilty. His ridiculous statement makes zero sense. Says he didn't fight to clear his name because of distance to travel, coming from someone who just spent months travelling overseas hunting and has hunted all over the world, as well as travelling for days here to go hunting etc, still make sense? Didn't fight because of the expense? Read above, and his sponsors would help fight it, but they have all been silent on the issue. Plus he bought his missus a new Porsche a while ago, he's not short of money. As for his work etc, he just owns the company, the only person that gave him a character reference, works for him and runs the business while he hunts the world, none of his sponsors gave him a character reference. Not a single mention of how he stuffed up, tries blaming it all on others etc, DPI set him up and trying too play the victim card, which so many gullible people are virtually on their knees gobbling it all up, yes pun intended. He's a grub and has been doing it for years. He has even said to a friend of his that it was only a matter time till he was caught.

13-Mar-19
I don't trust the gov't over there anymore than I do here. This is nothing less than extortion by legal means of authority..

I'm guessing he's just about guilty of " poaching " a dam deer as President Trump is of Russian Collusion...

Success breeds envy in other people. Envious gov't types can use the system to make your life hell. I don't know the guy from Adam ( get it??) but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt vs the gun grabbing money hungry OZ gov't.. YMMV

14-Mar-19
Yeah, my mileage varies.....

14-Mar-19
Maybe this is a conspiracy to take down Greentree, but officials found a red deer carcass in the national park that Greentree admitted to killing. Possibly he shot the deer off the park and it died in the park. Maybe there was enough doubt on the judge's part to grant leniency. I don't know how their legal system works, but evidently you can plead guilty and still avoid a conviction now.

I don't regret starting this thread as there is no way this whole scenario plays out in the U.S. like it did over there and since I don't have the ability to ingest this from an Aussie's understanding of their court system, it is even more convoluted.

14-Mar-19
I didn't assume he was a poacher since we didn't have many facts to go on or know the context of what happened. I'll take the same approach with his accusation that he was framed by the authorities.

15-Mar-19
Sounds like a few have the same “problem” down under as well.

• Sitka Gear