Franklin 01-Jul-18
hitmanatgym 06-Jul-18
Thornton 08-Jul-18
bowthwacker 10-Jul-18
bowthwacker 10-Jul-18
30-Jun-18
Who all bowhunts out of a saddle looking to get into it this year on public

30-Jun-18
The only time I hunted out of saddle. Buddy and I took a horse and a mule. Spent more time riding than hunting. First week in CO otc and incredibly hot. I think back about that week and wonder why we didn't at least sit some waterholes. All said I guess we were enjoying the riding more than the hunting.

01-Jul-18
I'm talking about a tree saddle for deer not horse back

01-Jul-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Seems kinda clunky...
Fuzz's embedded Photo
Seems kinda clunky...
Confusion for days...

01-Jul-18
A lot of guys on MA forum use them. Check out some of the older threads on them.

01-Jul-18
You might start a new thread and name it "Tree Saddle Hunt". No experience here; personally I think it would not be enjoyable.

01-Jul-18
I do. Got into it in the past year. I use the saddle and a small platform akin to a mini treestand. It's my go-to for hiking a mile or two deep in the mountains. The biggest benefit to me, when busting through thick brush it is a lot more streamlined to carry. I still prefer the larger platform treestands for comfort and functionality. Going to pop the seat off my stands this year and try out a hybrid approach. For my spots that are easy to access I think it's the best of both worlds for mobile hunting.

It's a cool piece of gear to add to the arsenal. Very customizable and still very much connected to its DIY origins. There are some great online communities that really share information nicely. You can look up some members and if you just want to try out a system you can get in touch with members to demo their gear before dropping coin on your own setup.

01-Jul-18
Over on the Leatherwall site many use them there. They have actually built some really neat ones with all the kinks worked out of them. They have had a few threads on this topic alone.

06-Jul-18
If you like pod cast's at all check out Wired to hunt as they just had an episode on this.

Hitman

08-Jul-18
DIY Sportsman on youtubeis selling one now he designed. It looks pretty well made.

10-Jul-18

bowthwacker's Link
I've hunted out of a saddle exclusively the last 10 years. I would never go back. There are some great new ones on the market.

10-Jul-18

bowthwacker's Link
Also check this one out. I ordered the kestrel this spring. great saddle.

• Sitka Gear