uteangler 01-Jul-18
Buffalo1 01-Jul-18
spyder24 03-Jul-18
ground hunter 03-Jul-18
Dale06 04-Jul-18
APauls 04-Jul-18
wacem 05-Jul-18
01-Jul-18
I would like to purchase a range finder for short term use. It should be inexpensive but reasonably accurate and last a few years with a low abuse level. Can anyone give me a recommendation?

01-Jul-18
Google Search, Low price range finders. There is a list of 10 for under $100 and one of those might fit your situation. Remember, "you get what you pay for it". But some may be last year's model for a cheaper price. Check them out.

01-Jul-18
Also, check out the Sportsman's Guide. Lots there for
01-Jul-18
Halo is about as low brow as you’ll find

01-Jul-18
Had one that fits the category, it was a Wild Game Innovations basic model that had a good clear image, sharp focus, and was accurate. Only thing about it I didn't like was the reticle crosshairs and yardage numbers were all in black and somewhat fie lines, which tended to disappear easily when using it in the woods and especially in reduced light conditions.

When I found my "old Reliable" Nikon after it had been misplaced for a few months, I galdly went back to it and gave the WGI one to my younger brother.

Still using the Nikon (440 model, IIRC) and it's at least ten years old, and bounced around with in lots of golf carts as well as as going hunting with me every year for all that time, with absolutely zero problems. I'd recomend a used Nikon over a new cheapie something else, based on my own limited experience.

01-Jul-18
I have an older Nikon Laser 800 that I will sell for cheap. No angle compensation, but it works good. PM me if interested

01-Jul-18
I have a Simmons that you can buy for less than 100 bucks. Tilt angle compensation and other than that it sucks in low light and mean real low light it works as well as my 400 dollar Leupold!! Shawn

01-Jul-18
I've got a Bushnell yardage pro. It's served it's purpose from treestand hunts in the Midwest to hunting elk, deer and antelope in the West. I would be willing to sell it also.

01-Jul-18
I've never seen a new, inexpensive rangefinder that is accurate and dependable- kinda like an oxymoron.

I would rather have an older, formerly expensive rangefinder that is accurate and dependable. Brands such as Nikon, Leupold, Bushnell, etc. Check the threads and you will see that Halo among other brands do not carry a good reputation for workability, accuracy or dependability. You normally get what you pay for and going cheap will cost more in the long run when buying quality will probably be a one-time transaction and offers owner satisfaction.

03-Jul-18
Look at the Vortex 850 Impact. Local shop has it for $210.00. I believe it also has angle compensation. Check it out.

03-Jul-18
Don't waste your money on anything from Wildgame, all products junk, the Halo is junk, stay away from 1 year warranty water repellent,,,,,,,, I bought a Vortex Impact 189.00 after Cabela points 119.00 Lifetime warranty, waterproof, I love it

04-Jul-18
The cheap ones are the most expensive in the long run. I bought a Leica 900 about ten years ago. It’s been on many numerous hunts and I’ve had zero problems with it.

04-Jul-18
Dale06 x2. Going on 10ish years for my Leupold rx1000

05-Jul-18
I bought a Halo when they came out. Did not last a year, no response on the 1 year warranty from the company.

• Sitka Gear