YZF-88 02-Jul-18
HuntDud 02-Jul-18
COHOYTHUNTER 02-Jul-18
kscowboy 02-Jul-18
kscowboy 02-Jul-18
ground hunter 02-Jul-18
02-Jul-18
Fellow Bowsiters,

Looking for a pack that will hold my bow as well as minimal gear. Have a couple of hunts coming up that require a lot of hiking and would like to be “hands-free”. Thanks

02-Jul-18
Many packs will accomplish this.. you can strap a bow to the outside of most any pack.. what's your budget? Do you plan to haul anything (quarters, etc.)? What kind of hunt is this pack for?

02-Jul-18

Bushwacker's Link
I bought two of these last year and just returned from a two week hunting trip that included commercial flying. It's small enough to use as a 'carry on' for the flights, but it's not all that roomy. They make one a size larger, but it was too big to suit my needs. I went through the same thing you are, looking for a pack that carries a bow. Check on the review I made for my pack and you'll also see the additional straps I had made for it to carry the bow horizontally across the back. Hope it helps

02-Jul-18
For a medium price pack, check out the Eberlestock X2.

It won't have any issues carrying a 50 lb load either.

02-Jul-18
Badlands 2200.

02-Jul-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
or with the aid of a bow sling and a bungee cord, you can hang and attach it to your pack.

02-Jul-18
I like to carry the bow in a Kifaru Gunbearer. Its readily accessible in seconds, you can use hiking poles, and I feel a bit safer than lashed on the back of a pack. Good luck with your hunts.

02-Jul-18
Kurt, do you have any pics of how you set it up in the Gunbearer?

02-Jul-18
Cohoythunter,

I did not have a specific budget in mind...really wanted the input of experience. I had in mind a personal backpack, not a pack-frame style meat hauler. The pack would be used for an antelope(if successful applicant) and caribou hunt this year. Other mountain hunts in 2019.

Thanks to all for input. I will have to research these suggestions.

02-Jul-18
I would second the suggestion of the Badlands 2200.. very versatile

02-Jul-18
I have a Sitka Ascent 12 in Optifade Subalpine that I’d cut you a deal on. Used on one hunt for a week last season. PM me if interested. Yes, your bow can hang on the back and there is room for minimal gear. It’s a great day pack. Didn’t have any luck in the draws this year, so I’d rather have someone use it than have it sit in the closet for another year.

02-Jul-18

kscowboy's Link
Link to pack mentioned above

02-Jul-18
a lot of hunters will laugh at me, but I am sorry, its a Wal Mart bow/rifle pack that I paid 30.00 for in the winter clearance one year,,,, attached to my sandpiper pack mule, it has served me well..... my pack mule is the best thing I ever bought, and I got that for a song, thru Cabelas...................

the system has been out of the country twice and still going,,,,,,

On the high end I had a badlands great pack and company, I had a zipper fail, and they replaced all of them,,,, traded it for a Eurkeka solo tent

• Sitka Gear