midwest 15-Aug-18
bowhunter55 15-Aug-18
JTreeman 15-Aug-18
carcus 15-Aug-18
Bowman 15-Aug-18
Tilzbow 15-Aug-18
Pyrannah 15-Aug-18
02-Jul-18
Ok I love my Carter quickie but I'm getting tired of replacing the rubber band that closes the hook, its good when it new then it weakens and doesn't close fully which could and has caused me issues during follow up shots on game, so im looking at the truball fang, I have a truefire hardcore with a strap(don't like the hair trigger) the spot hogg wise guy looks interesting but the inset hook has me worried it might become a struggle trying to hook fast? Any opinions are welcome, release has to have a webbing strap and be hook style

02-Jul-18
Take a look at the Tru-fire “Chickenwing”. You have the option of using one or two fingers.

02-Jul-18
Scott Silverhorn.

02-Jul-18
Hamskea Droptine, Carter RX2, Short n Sweet. All hook style with buckle strap.

03-Jul-18
Fletcher Fletchook.

03-Jul-18
I'm shooting the silverhorn currently

03-Jul-18
Carter Ember. Never had an issue.

03-Jul-18
Carter Rx1 or Rx2.

04-Jul-18
Carter lucky

04-Jul-18
I have been shooting the tru fire Sear for about a year and wanted a hook for hunting. Settled on the tru ball short and sweet. Really like the strap adjustment. Can get the swept back trigger back to the second knuckle.

04-Jul-18
Think I got it narrowed between the carter rx1or lucky or the truball fang or short n sweet

14-Aug-18
Well I got the carter rx1 a few weeks back, never even put it on my wrist, as soon as tensions is put on the string it makes a loud mechanical sound(the hook pulling away from the magnet) I called carter and this is normal, put it on archery talk and sold it the next day, now I have a fang and a wise guy coming in the mail

14-Aug-18
Carter lucky

14-Aug-18
I bought a Truball Fang 3, and really like it.

I have smaller than normal hands though.

14-Aug-18
Don’t know what you mean when you say it makes a noise when you put tension on the the string. Certainly don’t understand why Carter would say that’s normal. The only sound both mine make is a soft click when I reset the trigger. From that point on, they’re dead silent.

Either way, hope you find one that works well for you.

15-Aug-18
Scott Silverhorn

15-Aug-18
I had an Rx1 as well. My experience was the same as Wyobull's.

15-Aug-18
I've had the Carter RX2 since it first came out. Only difference from the RX1 is the hook faces opposite. Great release!

15-Aug-18
I have an Rx-1. I think it’s a good release, but have lost the e-clip that holds the pin for the sear block, and had the same thing happen to a friend on a hunt. That is a major flaw IMO. I switched to the “Like Mike” it costs a little more $, but well worth it I think. I have since gone to a thumb release, but feel that the Like Mike would be my first choice for a wrist strap.

—jim

15-Aug-18
That Click the Rx1 made was loud enough that my family could easily hear it 20 yards away, it would sound like a gun going off on a silent cold morning! I have been shooting the quickie plus and getting used to closing the hook manually, I still struggle with it now and then.

15-Aug-18
I have shot the Quickie ever since they have been out . The first thing I do is cut the rubber band off and always close it with my thumb. Never had a problem

15-Aug-18
I also switched from the RX to the Like Mike for the reasons JT listed above and the trigger adjustment on the Like Mike is more precise with a wider range of trigger weights.

15-Aug-18
Like mike for the past five years... it’s bomb proof of you keep it clean and take care of it

• Sitka Gear