Moultrie Mobile
Finding lotsa moose on my game cams.....
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
jordanathome 14-Jul-18
cnelk 14-Jul-18
oldgoat 16-Jul-18
Thunder Head 16-Jul-18
Jaquomo 16-Jul-18
Trial153 16-Jul-18
Treeline 16-Jul-18
Michael Schwister 16-Jul-18
cnelk 16-Jul-18
Jaquomo 16-Jul-18
Michael Schwister 17-Jul-18
14-Jul-18

jordanathome's embedded Photo
Glad I was not coming up this trail as they were on it.......

14-Jul-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Me too

16-Jul-18
I think CPW is way off the mark on how many moose we have!

16-Jul-18
Cool pics! What does a big bull weigh in Colo. ?

16-Jul-18
CPW has no idea how many moose they have. They told us that at a focus group meeting on moose tag allocations. They have no money to do counts and since moose aren't herd animals they just have to make WAGs.

16-Jul-18
Nice ! Good to see.

16-Jul-18
Not sure about their deer or elk counts, either. That’s OK, in a few years the wolves will make it a lot easier to count that moose and that little group of shivering deer and elk...

16-Jul-18
My last two hunts (2015 in GMU 42 and 2016 in GMU 231) have been ruined by rampaging bull moose. Bulls rampaging everywhere, old elk sign aplenty, but it appeared in both areas the bull moose I saw were running off the bull elk. Big ol meanies. Moose droppings everywhere, more so that whitetail droppings in my whitetail hunting grounds in VA

16-Jul-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Same game camera as the moose above.

I’ve never seen an adverse effect from moose v. Elk. And I see lots of both while hunting

16-Jul-18
I watched a muley doe chase a bull moose all over the river bottom last week. He got a little too close to her fawn, she didn't like that and went after him. After she finally gave up he looked up at me like WTF?!

17-Jul-18
The bull in 42 in 2015 was definately chasing off the bull elk (and beef bulls). He was a real asshole. We watched him charging around the oakbrush stinking to high heaven and sounding like a out of control freight engine. The one in 16 in 231 there was also recent sheep sign that may have impacted the situation. My horses were all worked up when that bull moose was rampaging. On day 2 we saw him cross the road into unit 12, and the horses settled down

• Sitka Gear