Jims 21-Jul-18
Jims 21-Jul-18
Treeline 21-Jul-18
Charlie Rehor 21-Jul-18
Pigsticker 21-Jul-18
tobywon 21-Jul-18
Matt 21-Jul-18
20-Jul-18
I'm blind as a bat without my glasses. I just got my first pair of Rx sunglasses and I'm thinking of bringing them on my sheep hunt. Has anyone noticed that using sunglasses decreases animal sightings or makes glassing more difficult? Or perhaps used them and felt that they didn't hurt the hunt at all?

20-Jul-18
I wore trifocal glasses for lots of years and they had the transition lenses.they turned coal black in cold winter snow conditions.now have lenses replacements.have to use polarized sunglasses now.don't know how that will work in snow this year.just whitetail deer here in Ohio.

20-Jul-18
I would suspect it depends on the amount or lack of sun light b

20-Jul-18
I would definitely take sunglasses on my hunt. I would also take sunglasses with amber lenses that don't darken everything too much. I got a new pair of Costa's last year for my early season hunt. Get some Croakies (the frat strap) and you are set.

20-Jul-18
I wear sunglasses almost constantly when hunting. I think they help me see more game beyond a shadow of a doubt.

My eyes are different than most peoples though...

20-Jul-18
Pretty much everything I do outside is with my sunglasses on. Not sure I could do without. Mine are also prescription and I'm in the market for new ones. Can't mess this one up when it costs triple to get the kind that help me see too.

20-Jul-18
I use prescription sunglasses all day hunting and all day every day.....one of the best things I’ve ever spent money on ! Funny thing is I can glass with out any glasses best.

20-Jul-18
I’ve been wearing prescription sunglasses for 30 years. I do wear contacts some when hunting but the glasses have never been a hindrance.

20-Jul-18
I wear them. Just be careful of the glare. I had my Oakleys on this past January stalking some javelina in Arizona. Got to 30yds, perfect wind, waiting for a shot through the brush. They caught the glare off my glasses and spooked before ever offering a clear shot. At the time I couldn’t figure it out until my cousin who was watching the whole thing through the binos from across the canyon told me how bad the reflection was.

20-Jul-18
I’ll wear them while hiking and moving to glassing locations and during breaks but never while hunting. Another consideration is your depth perception is better the smaller your pupil is which is part of the logic behind light colored lenses for shotgun shooting.

21-Jul-18
I always bring sunglasses when I'm hunting and I always have them on unless I'm glassing or there's low ambient light, I think they have a very positive effect on my hunting. My eyes are sensitive to bright sun, not having sunglasses makes me feel way more fatigued, and when my eyes are fatigued I have a hard time looking through my binos or spotter for long periods.

21-Jul-18
I love my prescription sunglasses. Wouldn't leave home without them. I don't use them when glassing through spotting scope or binos. I use a thin lanyard/strap on mine when hunting so I can flop them in front of me when glassing. They worked great on last year's bighorn sheep scouting and hunting trips above treeline in Colo...the sun is mighty intense at high elevation.

21-Jul-18
I love my prescription sunglasses. Wouldn't leave home without them. I don't use them when glassing through spotting scope or binos. I use a thin lanyard/strap on mine when hunting so I can flop them in front of me when glassing. They worked great on last year's bighorn sheep scouting and hunting trips above treeline in Colo...the sun is mighty intense at high elevation.

21-Jul-18
Same as many above. Always have had sunglasses on during daytime - even before I needed prescriptions. Can’t glass through them very well though so usually put them in a pocket. They help me see game I would miss without them. Worst issues I have are in the rain or snow.

21-Jul-18
I wear sunglasses when appropriate but never when shooting. Maybe it’s my age but my depth perception gets thrown off a bit.

Good luck on your Dall hunt. I can certainly understand why it’s your second most important hunt behind your Iowa Whitie:)

21-Jul-18
When I was in Alaska I always wore sunglasses. Especially in snow. The constant glassing and amount of eye strain from the sun is a test on your eyes. I would like to here from some of the guys that do it for a living.

21-Jul-18
I wear prescription sunglasses but don't for hunting. However I am not typically hunting open country. I would definitely take them in open country and switch off on a stalk or for glassing. That's just me. I just had an eye exam last week and the doctor told me that wearing sunglasses to protect eyes from UV is equivalent to putting sunscreen on to protect your skin. So there is an added benefit to taking them at least on your hike in if the weather dictates.

21-Jul-18
I don't recall ever seeing a hunting guide use sunglasses while hunting.

• Sitka Gear