Contributors to this thread:
Zbone 17-Sep-18
Bou'bound 17-Sep-18
drycreek 17-Sep-18
GF 17-Sep-18
APauls 17-Sep-18
Owl 18-Sep-18
17-Sep-18
Just realized that with the fatal grizzly attack in WY, and fatal cougar attack in OR, and a fatal shark attack off Cape Cod all happened within a week... Lets be careful out there, we are not at the top of the food chain...

17-Sep-18
Actually if you looked at the number of murders over that same timeframe one could argue we are at the top and we kill more of us than anything else kills us

17-Sep-18
^^^^^^^^ True. And silly people ask me why I carry........

17-Sep-18
Lions and Tigers and Bears have got NUTHIN’ on skeeters when it comes to killing people...

Most of us should be more concerned about our knots and the quality of our safety lines...

17-Sep-18
And we definitely kill more of those same animals then they kill of us, so I'd say we are for sure top of the food chain - but I get what you're saying ;)

18-Sep-18
It's easy to rationalize these as statistically insignificant but the stats are insignificant if you're the one being attacked. The news out of WY is becoming too predictable. This year, when reading some of the "elk countdown “threads/posts, I actually said to myself, "I wonder how many G bear attacks there will be in WY?" I'm sure many others did as well.

• Sitka Gear