Russell 18-Sep-18
LBshooter 18-Sep-18
LBshooter 18-Sep-18
orionsbrother 18-Sep-18
BOHUNTER09 18-Sep-18
Tonybear61 18-Sep-18
orionsbrother 18-Sep-18
18-Sep-18
My hunting partner is a cop. He was trying to save a guy who hung himself. He blew up his shoulder and screwed up the vertebrae in his neck. He's had three surgeries already and it looks like he's going to have a shoulder replacement and a surgery on his neck in the future. His days as a police officer and a vertical bow hunter are over.

He still wants to be in the woods and take our hunting trips. So, he figures he'll try a crossbow. But he isn't sure. Couple that with the drawn out process of workman's comp\ disability and having to sell their house, he's not looking to spend the money for a new crossbow. He's hoping to find a used one at a more reasonable price.

i don't know anything about crossbows. I thought I'd try networking. If anyone knows anyone with a decent used crossbow that they want want to sell or happens to see a deal, please PM me with the information and I'll pass it along to him.

I realize that a lot of guys have strong, negative reactions to crossbows.

I would appreciate it if you would refrain from expressing them here in case he looks at this thread. He's a great guy. He knows very well what he's lost. He's just trying to move forward as best he can.

Send me a PM if you want to bust my chops.

18-Sep-18
I hope your friend gets a nice crossbow and gets out in the field this year.

For what it's worth, crossbows been around for thousands of years. I think the folks way back when, had their longbows were pissed off when they saw a crossbow Warrior coming.

18-Sep-18
Tell him to look on Craigslist in the sporting goods section, plenty for sale and he can make an offer on them. A couple hundred bucks will get him going.

18-Sep-18
Tell him to look on Craigslist in the sporting goods section, plenty for sale and he can make an offer on them. A couple hundred bucks will get him going.

18-Sep-18
Yeah. He's checking Craigslist and classified ads and trying to do some research. He doesn't really know anything about them.

His normally dominant arm is the screwed up one. What models would be best to rock one-handed? I would imagine the kind with the brace that you step in to draw? Do they have them that fit a size 15 foot?

If anyone can give me some direction to pass along, please PM me.

18-Sep-18
Neighbor just got a PSE fang for $349. Seems pretty solid

18-Sep-18
If your state allows it try the draw hold devices for std. vertical bows. If he has ability to use a good arm, it may be an option. Cost is about $100-150 for modifying equipment he probably already has.

18-Sep-18
Thanks Tony. He can't bring his shoulder up to get an anchor point.

• Sitka Gear