W 31-Oct-18
Bob H in NH 31-Oct-18
Mule Power 31-Oct-18
BIG BEAR 31-Oct-18
Mertyman 31-Oct-18
bighorn 31-Oct-18
Fuzzy 13-Nov-18
30-Oct-18
Shipped frozen meat packed in dry ice in igloo cooler.Paid for 2 Day shipping, asked if it would be there in 2 days woman said it's 2 day shipping it'll be there in 2 days, was to be there on Sat, for two days, Came 8;00 Monday morning out of 35 packages 5 were half frozen, others felt soft. Meat did not smell. Think meat is ok?

30-Oct-18
What kind of meat?

30-Oct-18
Was it cold? IF so, yes it is fine.

30-Oct-18
Should be fine. Did it feel cold when opened the cooler. Like when you take meat out of a fridge? I would still contact the shipping company since they didn’t fulfill their end of the deal

30-Oct-18
If no odor, should be fine. If some were half frozen, doubt it got too warm.

30-Oct-18
Assuming it’s red meat I wouldn’t worry. I would worry more about burger than solid meat, but if it was still cold/cool I wouldn’t worry about it.

30-Oct-18
Was Mule Deer. It was cool. And did not smell when opened cooler. It smells like venison to me, if it's bad would'nt it smell when you cook it. It was burger and steak.

31-Oct-18
Should be no issues. Yes it will give off a strange aroma when cooked.

31-Oct-18
You're good. Assuming a Sunday was the day between you got lucky even though it was technically 2 days days late. Consider it a lessoned learned not to ship on a Thursday and expect Saturday delivery. Most times you have no choice. Considering you did it I'd be glad you got it on Monday and it was still cold. From my experience coolers full of meat often get set aside during original screening as they are not quite sure what the contents are and they end up being delivered a day or 2 later than promised. Just plan on this and you'll be fine.

I once had a 110 QT cooler full of "lost" frozen moose meat finally get delivered after 11 days of USPS not being able to tell me where it was. Opened it just to confirm it was rancid and then put the cooler in the weekly trash pick up for the next day. I threatened the USPS that I was going to deliver it to the local post office for them to dispose of and they issued a full refund of shipping charges but lost 90# of the best meat you could ever have.

Be thankful you got yours only 2 days late and cold.

31-Oct-18
Usually ups etc doesn't deliver on weekends

31-Oct-18
I donated my Wyoming Mule Deer before I left. I’ll kill enough whitetail back home to get us through the year. Now elk would be a different story.

31-Oct-18
We took 3 120 qt coolers packed with mulie and antelope. Almost frozen solid with a few with soft sections.

Left wy wed am, no dry ice, just taped coolers seams. Friday at 400 back in nh it was fine

Toss it in freezer, set freezer to max and leave it over night. It will be fine. Adjust freezer back to normal.

31-Oct-18
It’s fine. The fact that half was frozen tells you the rest was plenty cold. I’ve done that many times.

31-Oct-18
I’ll eat it if you don’t want it... :-) I’d drive to Wisconsin to get it.... That’s how confident I am that it’s fine. Enjoy and congrats !!

31-Oct-18
I hate to say it, but if you shipped on a Thursday and it was delivered on Monday, it is technically 2 days. Shipping companies count by business days, not actual calendar days. To guarantee Saturday delivery, you have to ask for and specify Saturday delivery, which also means paying extra for Saturday delivery.

Glad to hear your meat is still going to be ok!

31-Oct-18
Thanks for the feed back. When I shipped it my concern was if 2 day shipping was Sat. would it be delivered on Sat. I told the lady if it won't be Sat. I know it won't be Sunday. She looked at me and said you paid for 2-day shipping that means it will be there in 2-days. And I said it's Thursday so it will be there Sat. She 2-dayshipping means 2 days. I said OK.

13-Nov-18
yeah it's ok

• Sitka Gear