Whocares 22-Nov-18
Don 24-Nov-18
Don 24-Nov-18
Jack Harris 25-Nov-18
Deebz 26-Nov-18
Deebz 26-Nov-18
Duke 26-Nov-18
13-Nov-18
Im looking to mount two of my bucks and was hoping to see some sneak type mounts or anything non traditional on mounts. Im also looking for a a way to display a bunch of euro mounts since my man cave is very small. Thanks!

13-Nov-18
I recommend browsing the McKenzie catalog. Your taxidermist likely has this, or you can browse it online. https://www.mckenziesp.com/Online-Catalogs.aspx You can navigate to specific pages. Whitetails start on around page 5. They have quite a few different sneak options, and have pictures of completed mounts for all/most.

13-Nov-18

Rob in VT's embedded Photo

13-Nov-18

13-Nov-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Here’s a double floor pedestal mount that I did a few years back. It’s one of my favorite mounts for several reasons. Doesn’t take up a ton of room, since you said you are limited on space.

13-Nov-18

Treeline's embedded Photo
I really like this mount and a guy could do several variations on the theme.

Really like Rob’s post for showing off skulls.

13-Nov-18
Great looking mounts!

13-Nov-18

brettpsu's embedded Photo
brettpsu's embedded Photo
I told my buddy/taxidermist to do what he wanted with my last few bucks. Told him I was out of wall space and it needed to be a pedestal of some sort. This is what he has done currently. Still has the base to do yet and at least one more buck could be mounted to the driftwood.

13-Nov-18
Not sure why I can’t rotate that picture?

13-Nov-18
Too much time in the office, Tavis. You're not on the level! I like that post idea too. Think I'll cut a 8 or 10 foot swamp cedar with a flared root when I go back to camp this week and see what I can do with it. Have a bunch of nice racks that need a place.

13-Nov-18

Whocares's embedded Photo
Whocares's embedded Photo
Here's a pic of an end table sort of that I made from a cedar stump with the flared roots. Use it next to the chair to set an occasional drink on! But that's the idea I may try with an 8 or 10 foot for antlers. Good idea ,Rob.

13-Nov-18

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo

13-Nov-18
Totally gorgeous. I’ve got a whitetail in mind for that pose but he’s still alive

13-Nov-18
Hey Rob can you give a close up of how the skulls are attached to the log?

13-Nov-18

I made brackets from L brackets and nuts/bolts. I then screwed them to the wooden post. This pic shows it, pretty easy to make. Skull slips over the bolt.

13-Nov-18
Cool. Saved that pic.

13-Nov-18

Longshaft's embedded Photo
Here is my two best bucks mounted together.

13-Nov-18
Thanks Rob

13-Nov-18
Thanks, Bob!

13-Nov-18
I Like that European display Rob!

13-Nov-18

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
Lost of good ideas for deer, but when I kill me a Cecil, I'm going for THIS look.....

13-Nov-18

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Money...

13-Nov-18
Man, that swamp cedar stump sounds cool! Looking forward to the results!

13-Nov-18
It’ll make the room smell good too. Really well done. Looks like you hauled a ban saw out into the woods.

“Money...”

Definitely classic Bowsite.

14-Nov-18
Aweosome thanks for the ideas gents! I was thinking a "euro tree" and I already make my own brackets like the one shown. Does anyone have any sneak or semi sneak whitetails they can send me? all of mine are upright and Im wanting to add a bit of variety.

14-Nov-18
Ok Ok, I can't rotate my pic either! Somebody told me once how to do it on here but I forgot. Happens a lot at my age. As for the cedar, find one the size you want, dig the moss etc from around the roots, cut it down low through the roots, and to the length you want. Peel it and let it dry out. Trim the bottom to get it to set level. Sand it some. Coat with a clear sealer.

14-Nov-18

CPAhunter's embedded Photo
CPAhunter's embedded Photo
Here’s a semi sneak. Pretty straightforward

14-Nov-18
If you are considering a wall mount, check several taxidermy supply websites & look over their various ' Wall Pedestals '. They are much more appealing than standard shoulder mounts. However, you need extra hide when you cape your buck.

15-Nov-18

Here is my two best bucks mounted together.

16-Nov-18

elk yinzer's embedded Photo
I believe this one is full sneak. I would rate it my favorite whitetail form.

16-Nov-18
Thanks everyone! Any hard turn bucks out there?

16-Nov-18

bdfrd24v's embedded Photo
bdfrd24v's embedded Photo
Not it’s permanent home but last years buck. Hard turn on a wall pedestal. Really like this look. It was similar to my first trailcam pic of this guy which is why I chose it.

16-Nov-18

Coues deer with some variety on poses

16-Nov-18

Hard turn whitetail

16-Nov-18

Hard turn mule deer

19-Nov-18
The Joe Coombs catalog has a ton of nice forms. My favorite style is the wall pedestal, which come in a variety of positions. A wall pedestal mount will make the body look much larger than a traditional shoulder mount. https://www.joecoombs.com

And include a swivel with your wall pedestal. With a swivel, you can hang any mount position in pretty much any location. Without a swivel, you are often limited to hanging a head strictly by the way it faces. A swivel on a wall pedestal allows a bunch of options. Too many of us don't look to the future when we choose forms or which wall that form will work. Things change...our walls fill up with other heads, or we move, or we remodel, or we (our wives) rearrange the furniture, and finding wall hanging space becomes a challenge. Swivels also allow the head to be turned slightly, or radically, anytime you want in order to display the head differently. I have 3 swivels. I love them. http://www.joecoombs.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_67_891&products_id=3840

19-Nov-18
Why would you spend thousands for mounts when you can carry them around for anyone to see on your cell phone.

19-Nov-18

GhostBird's embedded Photo
I was looking for something a little different as well. I chose this aggressive pose for my nontypical. Pretty sure it's a McKenzie. Really like the wall pedestals too.

19-Nov-18

22-Nov-18

bou'n08's embedded Photo
bou'n08's embedded Photo
My 2 best bucks. The one on the left was a bow kill, then 9 days later the one on the right with a rifle. Both killed out of the same tree. The rock was custom made by my taxidermist. He used a chicken wire frame with a sort of paper mache mixture. The buck on the left is a standard semi sneak, the buck on the right is called “hooking aggressive “. It was a year to remember.

22-Nov-18

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo
I've got an antler tree (like above but not with the euromounts... just the skull plate).

22-Nov-18
Beautiful mount bou. Hope to do something similar Catscratch. Nice.

22-Nov-18
Beautiful mount bou. Hope to do something similar Catscratch. Nice.

24-Nov-18

Don's embedded Photo
Don's embedded Photo
Thanks Rob in Vt!

24-Nov-18
Thanks Rob in Vt!

25-Nov-18

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
17 whitetails mounted, putting this buck I got in October on my first "Wall Pedestal" mount - Mackenzie form.

26-Nov-18

Deebz's embedded Photo
Deebz's embedded Photo
Full sneak on my biggest...You can see the partial sneak on my previous biggest in the background...

26-Nov-18

Deebz's embedded Photo
Deebz's embedded Photo
Deebz's embedded Photo
Deebz's embedded Photo
Full sneak on my biggest...You can see the partial sneak on my previous biggest in the background...

26-Nov-18

Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
Lip curl on one I shot four years ago doing the same at 8 yards.

• Sitka Gear