X2 with DSD buck decoy
Mad_Angler's embedded Photo
X2 with DSD buck decoy
X2 with stool, jacket, bibs, and buttpad
X2 with stool, jacket, bibs, and buttpad
Quartered and bagged whitetail buck. The X2 could probably carry it all but I couldn't. It was pretty easy as 2 loads.
Quartered and bagged whitetail buck. The X2 could probably carry it all but I couldn't. It was pretty easy as 2 loads.
I love this pack. It is amazing. It can handle whatever you need for the day. It can carry jacket/bibs if the day gets warm, a stool/pad if you want a ground sit, a treestand for a temporary installation, a DSD buck decoy (and jacket, bib, stool and pad).

And it can carry out a quartered deer if you use the gutless method...

14-Nov-18
The x2 is my go to whitetail pack also....very functional for carrying hang on stand and sticks as well as anything else you need for the day.

14-Nov-18
X2 is my whitetail pack as well but when it comes to packing out the meat, I switch to my Kifaru. :-)

14-Nov-18
I love my x2. Strap on bow, stands, ladders, sticks, whatever. Stuff sack gets my warm clothes for after the walk in.

15-Nov-18
Interesting...I've been considering a new all day whitetail pack myself. I currently use a Badlands Super Day Pack but have been a little disappointed with the zippers breaking. I may have to look into one of these. Thanks for the informative post!

15-Nov-18
I can do all that and more with my Kuiu Icon Pro ;) I swap between bags depending what I am all packing.

15-Nov-18
I consider Eberlestock, Kifaru, and Mystery Ranch to be the big three. so many excellent choices in each line.

15-Nov-18
Just my opinion, but I'm not a fan of the pack. It's probably sufficient for the whitetail hunting that I used to do (probably too much pack to be honest), but it is not much of a load hauler. As far as fit goes, it is too short for my torso and I despise the side water bladder pocket set up. If you use a bladder it's dang near impossible to balance the pack with a bladder on the side. I've never liked that set up no matter who does it. As far as carrying weight, it all hangs on the shoulders because the load lifters are not effective and the waistbelt is not substantial enough to support much anyway. The only reason I have one is because it was a gift from someone for my son to use.

I'd put Eberelstock in the class with Badlands, but not in a class with any true load hauling packs. Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Exo, and similar are a couple notches above if you are carrying weight for any distance, and there is plenty if debate on their order. Although, MR's switch to imports may have hurt their standings.

With that said, the x2 has it's place, it's just doesn't fit my needs.

15-Nov-18
I have a X2 and J107 from Eberlestock, they are good packs. Not great, but good. My EXO K3500 is a great pack. I’ve carried the X2 all over the world and will continue to do so, but when it comes to serious hunting and packing, the K3500 comes out.

• Sitka Gear