GLP 15-Nov-18
midwest 15-Nov-18
jstephens61 15-Nov-18
12yards 15-Nov-18
GLP 15-Nov-18
4blade 15-Nov-18
carcus 16-Nov-18
14-Nov-18
I was considering a new bow, but can't shoot one any better than I can shoot my Synergy. With that said I need new threads. What kind do you all suggest, I've only shot Winners Choice, but open to anything.

14-Nov-18
60x hands down.

14-Nov-18
I’ve been extremely pleased with JBK Strings. Great strings, great service, great price.

14-Nov-18
Vapor trail

14-Nov-18
Here are few that you cant go wrong with.

John custom archery, Brethern on AT.

Exwolvern, Tom. Park and sons archery. Bowstring depot, Hutch does excellent work.

15-Nov-18
I've used 60x and they are great, guy on AT known as Archeryshack makes really nice strings and the price is right,$42.99 for bcy mercury, I installed them on my experience a few months ago, top notch, every bit as good as 60x

15-Nov-18
I have tried a lot (60x, vapor trail, etc) and Twisted X is in my opinion one of the best! Top notch string maker

15-Nov-18
Nothing wrong with winners choice.

15-Nov-18
Heard lots of bad things about WC after they changed hands. Sounds like their quality has really slipped. I've been getting Vapor Trail and 60X.

15-Nov-18
I put Vaper Trail on my Answer and had no issues. I’ve had them in the past and they are a top notch sting/cable set.

15-Nov-18
Catfish Customs. Never heard a bad thing about them. I will be putting them on my Synergy when I need strings again.

15-Nov-18
Midwest - Thanks for the info, just checked some reviews and see what you are saying- will find another maker. Greg

15-Nov-18
jbk makes a good string, thats where I usually get mine. But you will wait 5 to 6 weeks.

Winners choice used to be good stuff and I needed a set quicker than 6 weeks recently and bought a set, they ain't what they used to be. They worked but I was unimpressed and it was a little tough getting the peep rotation to stop. Same goes for 60x on another bow I had last year.

I bought a set of Catfish customs recently for another bow I have and no matter what I did, twist, untwist, it didn't matter, peep rotation would not stop so I gave up and bought a set of Americas Best Premium, perfect.

Man I'm glad I'm down to 2 bows, strings get expensive.

16-Nov-18
Some string materials stretch more and cause more peep rotation, my latest set is bcy mercury which has more stretch than my usual bcyX, I bought it cause it was on sale, I shot my bow for 2 weeks then installed the peep, it hasn't moved

• Sitka Gear