casekiska 20-Feb-19
elkmtngear 20-Feb-19
Bugle 20-Feb-19
76aggie 21-Feb-19
ahunter76 21-Feb-19
Carnage2011 21-Feb-19
ahunter76 21-Feb-19
28-Jan-19
How many of you hunt with your wife as a team? If so how long? Success??

28-Jan-19
Iv done 2 archery hunts 2 rifle hunts and 4 muzzleloader hunts with my wife. We run about 75ish% success and i love hunting with her.

28-Jan-19
Hunting with my wife of 43 years before she passed in 6/17 was not in the plan. She was a city girl in all aspects and never even went up north more than 3 or 4 times to the cabin on 20 acres I had when we got married and that was to work on an addition I put on since she was great doing any kind of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry bless her heart. Outdoors was not her thing unless it was viewing scenery and animals out the car window while doing 70 mph, LOL!

28-Jan-19
Lady Bowhunter and I have been married since '91. I bought a used bow about 3 weeks after our wedding and she took to target shooting immediately. She started bowhunting in '94 and hasn't stopped since. Planning vacation time stems around whether we want to go chase black bears in NB or SK, spend time with our friends hunting in TX, just go fishing somewhere. Live is good.

28-Jan-19
Started hunting together before we were married in 1988. We both get days afield alone but spend most of our time setting up camp and hunting together.

28-Jan-19
She's my favorite hunting partner. We hunt locally and we've been on multiple western hunts together. Now we are moving to wyoming and hunting is a big part of why

She bowhunt and gun hunts, guts her own deer, helps butcher and loves skinning

28-Jan-19
My wife and I were hunting together before w got married, she never had hunted before we started dating. Our success rates are really good across rifle and archery.

She has been hunting for 17 years now mostly rifle for her. She has 6 or 7 mule deer bucks, a couple doe, 5 cow elk and 3 bulls with rifle. She started hunting archery 3 years ago and so far only killed one antelope doe.

She has been my calling partner for archery elk. I have killed 12 bulls in 14 years with her calling.

Now I have my wife and my daughter archery elk hunting this fall. Hopefully one of them will gt an animal.

Oh she gutted her antelope no problem, but deer and elk are all me as she is allergic. She can also pack like a beast.

28-Jan-19
My wife and I have been at it for more than 15 years. She draws elk tags when all I get to do is watch.

28-Jan-19
My wife and I make a great team. I kill them, she cooks them, and we both eat them !

28-Jan-19
And then when I tan the hide she chews on it to make it soft....like a good Eskimo wife.

28-Jan-19
Mine likes to turkey hunt - I call, she shoots! We both have a great time. She has zero interest in any other hunting, though.

Lee

28-Jan-19
One time about 8 years ago, my wife made me a lasagna for a hunt and vacuum sealed it in 6 different packages.

29-Jan-19
I have since 2011, got elk in stick bow range a bunch of times when we had good tags, think we would of stacked a few up if we shot compounds. There's nobody I'd rather hunt with except maybe my dad. Arthritis is getting the best of her though, not sure she's going to be able to go except for maybe close to the road spots we know:(

29-Jan-19
My wife of 31 years, bear ,deer and turkey hunts with me . She also loves to go on f!y in fishing trips in Ontario. She has her own zero turn mower and weed eater too . Life is good.

29-Jan-19
45 years with the same one. Doesn't hunt but allows me to. Many trips to Montana and Canada over the years. No hunts this year but trying to put together a whale-watching trip to NS, Canada this summer. Age is getting many of us!

29-Jan-19
Never for elk but she's my favorite partner for everything else. She has an aversion to "big hills". Ha! Luckily my daughter would now walk through the fires of hell just to go elk hunting again so I'll have her as a partner in coming years once she's done with school!

29-Jan-19

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
27 years...finally got her shooting with me about 4 Years ago, we enjoy shooting 3D Tournaments together.

One scouting trip for elk, told me that wasn't going to be her thing...however, she managed to kill her first buck this September, and she was like a fish to water! Made a helluva shot on him...it was very cool to watch!

29-Jan-19
I love my wife and pretty sure she loves me and we have been married for almost 30 years......but the last thing either of us would want is for her to go on one of my hunting trips. I do take my son when I can.

29-Jan-19
We've been married for 45 years. She was a non-hunter when we met. She always liked tagging along on hunts eve when we were dating, and eventually started bird hunting with us. A few years after I switched to archery big game hunting in '83, she thought archery would be fun. In '92 she went on her first archery hunt for pronghorn, and killed a young buck. We've since hunted all over NA. Sometimes she just accompanied me depending on the hunt. As for success, I've completed the Colorado Big 8 & 9 and she only needs cougar and black bear to complete her Big 8 & 9. She has 4 P&Y entries and I have 17, so we do alright. I wouldn't want it any other way. In fact, I enjoy accompanying her on hunts at least as much as hunting myself, often more.

29-Jan-19
My goal in the next 2-3 years is calling in a bull elk for my wife and her bow!

We are moving to WY in 5 weeks, so the clock starts ticking!

29-Jan-19
I finally got my wife of 13 years to start shooting a bow. We go to 3d shoots together and we joined a winter couples league for this winter. She is not a hunter by any stretch but I'll take what I can get.

29-Jan-19

GregE's embedded Photo
Montana with Mule Power
GregE's embedded Photo
Montana with Mule Power
GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
Our first hunt together in 2007. She Can skin ELK.............
GregE's embedded Photo
Our first hunt together in 2007. She Can skin ELK.............

GregE's Link
My late wife was happy for me to go hunting and fishing but those were not her thing.

I met Judy and asked if she could skin ELK? "As fast as you can get 'em" she said- Had to see that. We went hunting in December and I managed to get a 3x4- and sure enough she used her Nurse training to get it done quickly and helped pack it out. She's been a rifle hunter since a child and has 7 elk and 4 deer deer tagged over the years. She has a bow but has not worked up enough poundage to hunt with it - two shoulder surgeries hasn't helped.

We've hunted WA several times, and OR, MT and WY together. On some hunts I go with my long time hunting buddy Mike- Judy calls him my other wife

I'll link the story from my Sagecreekforums.com site.

G

29-Jan-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
12+ years and she is my hunting partner. Our honeymoon was actually a MT. Archery Antelope hunt. Together over the last 12 years she has put 6 Elk in the freezer with her bow and I have put 9 in that same 12 year span. Plus a few turkeys, Bear, Mule deer and antelope.

29-Jan-19

Screwball's embedded Photo
Screwball's embedded Photo
Married in 1987. She was a non-hunter and the farm girl that saved every little critter she could. She is my favorite hunting partner and simply amazing. She started hunting with me in our first year of marriage, hunts, deer, turkey, bear, small game, and soon archery antelope. I picked this picture though rifle season as we worked hard to get this guy together. One of my favorite hunting pics.

30-Jan-19
We hunt together every chance possible..I have 4 weeks of vacation more than her.

30-Jan-19

Donnybowhunter's embedded Photo
Donnybowhunter's embedded Photo

30-Jan-19
Once the kids grew up, Mrs. BOHNTR has become my #1 hunting partner....she’s been arrowing all kinds of things since we retired and have the time to go together.....been enjoyable.

30-Jan-19

sharp stick slinger's embedded Photo
sharp stick slinger's embedded Photo
Love the thread fellas. I've been hunting with my young bride for years. She's tough and always prepared. She's increased my patience on the ground and shortened the hours I was willing to spend in the tree, both good things. This year when I drew my once in a lifetime Colorado bull moose tag, I called her up at work and "asked" for $2211 for the tag. She said "yeah of course, can I take the week off too and come with you!" She's a deadeye too. I'm a lucky man.

30-Jan-19

Blue Buck 's embedded Photo
My wife has been my hunting partner since we first started dating. She grew up hunting and fishing in Wyoming. Our daughters love the outdoors as well. I never thought I would do most of my hunting and fishing with a bunch of blondes. They're all tougher than most of my guy friends and are great companions. I'm blessed in many ways.

30-Jan-19

30-Jan-19

30-Jan-19
29 years this spring, hunting to her consists of a good book. She will read in the truck while I still hunt, she will read in the tree while I stand hunt, she will read in the cabin while I rifle hunt. She will not gut or skin, she prefers not to eat it. But it is a marriage of give and take, she is willing to tag along, as long as I'm not gone too much. She likes to be home, and doesn't like to be too far from home unless it is on a beach somewhere south of here.

oz

30-Jan-19
I'm envious... My wife closes the door for me when I leave on a hunt. Ed F

30-Jan-19
All I see on this thread is bunch of guys that out kicked their coverage. Myself included of course! Ha!

30-Jan-19
Mine shoots 3-D's with me some, enjoys cooking what I shoot but so far has not tried hunting herself. I am still working on her, she has tagged along on some Elk and Turkey hunts so far, as well as scouting trips.

30-Jan-19

Beard Collector's embedded Photo
My wife has been going with me hunting for 46 years. Although she doesn’t hunt she is the greatest hunting partner I could ever ask for.
My wife has been going with me hunting for 46 years. Although she doesn’t hunt she is the greatest hunting partner I could ever ask for.

30-Jan-19

Here is a picture of me and my wife this past year in Montana. Great partner.

30-Jan-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Absolutely love the memories my wife has made by my side. Many times she's my motivation to get up and get my butt in gear. I don't impose my limits upon her but she's wanting a P&Y whitetail so bad it has become an obsession. Hopefully we can work on getting her an elk this September. She's a lady first and a killer when she puts on the paint. I love that we share this passion and I love her. For those don't know, her name is Lana.

30-Jan-19
Beard Collector: 46 years congratulations, that alone is the adventure of a lifetime. You are both truly blessed.

30-Jan-19

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
Still one of my favorite pics....wife’s first AZ deer.....kids were there while home from college.

31-Jan-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Me & Mrs. Pabowhunter1064 .....when we first met she had never even shot a bow. I got one for her and she's been addicted to archery ever since. She said she could never kill an animal....after tasting fresh deer backtrap, (the way she cooked it, of course), she changed her mind, quick! I think she is more passionate about bowhunting than me, and is usually the one motivating me & my father to get out in the woods more. She has killed a couple of does, but dreams of sticking any legal buck....I'm hoping 2019 is the year! Our long term goal is to live where we can hunt elk every year. We're expecting a baby girl in June, so I may be the one on diaper duty, while she fills her tags this fall! When it comes to the wife lottery, I hit the jackpot!! Looks like a lot of other guys here did the same!

31-Jan-19

Gotta Hunt's embedded Photo
She packed it out too
Gotta Hunt's embedded Photo
She packed it out too
My wife grew up in a hunting family, but never hunted until we started dating. She quickly acquired a love for bowhunting and we regularly chase whitetails and Turkeys in Wisconsin.

This September I am taking her on her second Elk hunt. Two years ago was her first with plenty of sightings, but no opportunities. She did pick up a real nice 6 point shed though. Im just grateful she enjoys bowhunting and the mountains as much as I do.

Good luck in the draws everyone and have fun preparing for September

31-Jan-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Here is one of my favorite memories. Arrowed a nice 5pt. bull with my wife and 3month old son in tow. His 1st harvest pic!

01-Feb-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
My ex and I had many great hunts over the years of our marriage. From the backpacking days to the Llama Packstring era and then onto the RV hunting camps.

Prolly the best hunting partner I've had other than the Ole Marine.

Good luck, Robb

01-Feb-19

Fauntleroy's embedded Photo
Best thing I've ever done was get that beauty of mine to wanna get out in the field. I even conned her into making sure I never own another couch potato dog. She loves watching bird dogs work!

01-Feb-19

01-Feb-19
It could be a great team if she has a real interest in it. It could a good car tool journey and It also helps with bonding.

01-Feb-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
My wife doesn’t bow hunt, and could never shoot a deer, but she’s the best turkey hunting partner I’ve ever had!

03-Feb-19

Family Man's embedded Photo
Manitoba Black Bear
Manitoba Black Bear
Newfoundland Moose
Newfoundland Moose
Newfoundland Woodland Caribou
Newfoundland Woodland Caribou
Arizona Mountain Lion (w/ a hand gun at <10 ft- her shot)
Arizona Mountain Lion (w/ a hand gun at <10 ft- her shot)
I consider my wife the biggest blessing bestowed on me in my lifetime! She said "yes" over an 8 point whitetail she harvested with her bow (before we finished high school) and we have been investing in marital insurance (i.e. awesome hunting getaways) as often as we can while balancing family, career, etc.

03-Feb-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
25 years and going strong... (just a few days ago)

20-Feb-19
my wife has less than no interest in going into the woods. any advice on how to con her into going out and just giving it a try?

20-Feb-19
JB, does she enjoy anything outdoors? Hiking? Fishing? Etc? If she doesn't enjoy outdoor activities already you're gonna have a tough sell.

20-Feb-19
I taught my bride to hunt, shoot a bow, trail and gut a deer. In 25 years she's gotten pretty good at it. We are not so young any more and the years have taken their toll. So one day we are sitting on a bench in the mall watching people walk by. A gorgeous young woman comes sauntering down the aisle,...absolutely perfect with all the right parts in all the right places,...she is everyman's dream. I stare intently and watch her walk by. My wife is watching me watch this perfect and alluring beauty. I steal a glance at my wife knowing I've been caught! She smiles and says, "yeah, but I bet she can't gut a deer." And that's why she's my hunting partner!

20-Feb-19
"And that's why she's my hunting partner"!

Amen, Bill ! :^D

20-Feb-19

Bugle 's embedded Photo
Bugle 's embedded Photo
My wife loves to join me & my buddies on hunts. She doesn't care to kill anything (yet) herself BUT she has no problem seeing critters go down or packing meat. I'm lucky...I have an awesome hunting partner (Jim) and my wife is an added bonus in the field.

21-Feb-19

76aggie's embedded Photo
76aggie's embedded Photo
My wife and I have been married for 43 years. She used to bow hunt with me all the time but has had to have cervical spine surgery and can no longer pull a bow. She is still a fishing machine though.

21-Feb-19

ahunter76's embedded Photo
My wife is not a hunter but does go along with me a few times each year. She's an awesome photographer & loves fishing & the outdoors. I have never had a problem setting up a bowhunt, regardless. She always supports me in my adventures. This is a photo she took on one of those occasions (Double ladder stand). I rattled this 8 pointer up & on the 2nd rattle he passed below me at just under 25 yds.. She snapped a few photos of him & I let him walk. After he was out of sight she said "why didn't you shoot him?". I said, he was to small & needed to grow. Her reply was, "you get him back here & you shoot him, he is plenty big enough". Well, at 80 or so yds as he topped the hill I rattled again. He wasn't falling for it this time. I definitely got a butt chewing over that one. She has been along when I've rattled in several Bucks now & loves it.

21-Feb-19

Carnage2011's embedded Photo
Carnage2011's embedded Photo
My wife and I have had some great adventures! She’s accompanied me on tons of hunts and has turned into a killer. She owns the biggest bull in the house and the biggest antelope. I can’t imagine not having her along at this point.

21-Feb-19

We took our 1st Striper fishing trip this summer to Lake Texoma (Fished the Tx side). She out fished me & definitely landed the largest catch.

• Sitka Gear