JayInOz 21-Feb-19
4FINGER 21-Feb-19
Bou'bound 21-Feb-19
uteangler 21-Feb-19
Nick Muche 21-Feb-19
19-Feb-19

Thornton's embedded Photo
My 87 year id dad is on his way out. His cardiac med cooked his liver about a month ago but he pulled out of it. Now his kidneys and heart are failing. We put him back on Hospice and he is no longer responding verbally. I've worked ER for 12 years and never seen such resilience. He comes from a breed of diehards that just won't give up. His father once had a tractor roll over on him and pin him under water while the PTO shaft came loose on one end and beat him in the head. He crawled out and stumbled a mile home and went into a coma for days. Years later when he developed lung cancer from herbicide, they discovered he had been operating on one lung for years because the tractor accident broke ribs that punctured a lung. Dad is a direct descendant of the frontiersman Daniel Boone so I wouldn't expect any less. He served in the Air Force during Korea and was a tail gunner, crew chief, and mechanic. After that, he was a rancher and successful businessman in a tiny town saturated with competition. He always made time to take me hunting and fishing despite his busy work schedule. If you guys could pray for a pain free departure or Divine healing, I would appreciate it. He has been a good Christian my whole 38 years and I believe he is headed to meet the Lord.

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent. Sounds like an incredible father and friend.

19-Feb-19

19-Feb-19
To be absent with the body is to be present with the Lord for a believer. I will pray for your dad. Sounds like you were very blessed to have him as a father.

19-Feb-19
Prayers for your Dad, you and your family at this difficult time.

19-Feb-19
Prayers go out to you and your family. You've been blessed to have such a good dad.

19-Feb-19
Sounds like your father led a very full life and did it the right way. They don`t make them like that anymore.

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent to you neighbor. Agree men were men back in the day!

19-Feb-19
I hope it goes as well as it can Thorton. I'm sure he's in good hands and you'll make sure of it.

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent for your father as well as your entire family, Thornton. It’s truly a blessing to have had a loving, caring and involved father in one’s life.

19-Feb-19
My prayers were sent. We are slowly losing the Korea vets. Most of the WW2 guys are gone. Definitely tough people back then. It’s all any of us can hope for. When we are no longer here, that our children and friends are proud of the life we led. Sounds like he was the epitome of what it means to be an American.

19-Feb-19
Thoughts and prayers to you and the Family. I truly believe that was the best generation of men and women. Our country needs more Fathers like your Dad. God Bless

19-Feb-19
God bless your father and your family. Sounds like a life very well lived.

19-Feb-19
What a blessing for any son to be able to honor their father like you do.

19-Feb-19
Prayers for Dad, you and family.

19-Feb-19
They don’t make em like that anymore!! Prayers sent.

19-Feb-19
God bless your dad and your family during this tough time.

19-Feb-19
God's peace surpasses all understanding. I pray that for your Dad, you and the family.

19-Feb-19
I love that you are referring to your pops' life as a "good run"! What a great way to start the send off! Grief is a given at times like this. Closed books suck, no matter how much you try to prepare your mind and heart. But the peace that passes all understanding will bring a smile to your face when you recall all the memories.

Mine passed many years ago. The suck sticks, but the memories of who he was is way stronger than the suck and the promise of the reunion is better still!

Blessings on you and your family! Hope its a great party!

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent Thornton.

19-Feb-19
Prayers for you and your family, may the Lord comfort you and bless you!

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent.

19-Feb-19
It is really tough emotionally when your dad passes.

Mine went to heaven in September 2018, he was 88 and of course a veteran too.

I still get emotional on certain memories.

Prayers to ya man.

Keep the Faith,

Robb

19-Feb-19
Rest easy as his life sounds like a great one. Rest easier knowing He indeed is going to meet the Lord. Praise God for that and the man he gave you all.

19-Feb-19
Absolutely sounds like a man who has "run a good race and finished his course"!

Prayers sent.

19-Feb-19
He sounds like a dad we would all be proud to have. Your father is in a no lose situation, the Lord can and does heal people, but should He choose not to your father wins the race. God Bless.

19-Feb-19
Prayers go out to you and your family. You've been blessed to have such a good dad.

19-Feb-19
What a great Dad you had as a mentor....memories live on forever and your Dad will be smiling down on you knowing he did his best.

19-Feb-19
Sounds like a great run. Prayers for your Dad.

19-Feb-19
Sounds a lot like my father......lost him to cancer in 2011. Prayer for an easy passage into Glory for your dad.....and peace for the family.

19-Feb-19
Happy to do it , Jason. I have so much respect for those old timers. Tough as nails on the outside and loving and warm on the inside.

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent.

19-Feb-19
Find your peace and keep it going to the next generation.

19-Feb-19
He was part of America's greatest generation. May God all bless us with more like him.

19-Feb-19
Jason

My thoughts and prayers are with you. While losing a parent is traumatic it is a natural progression. Take some comfort in knowing your dad was a great man that raised you and your siblings to continue on in his name. Not a day goes by that I don't fondly think back about my father and how he raised me to be the man I am today.

Judging from your posts I'm sure you'll do the same.

God Bless.

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent for you and your family

19-Feb-19
Prayers for your father. Sounds like a great man

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent .

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent.

19-Feb-19
It's tough to lose a father, I've first hand experience with that!

Cherish yours while you can, and then hold to the memories. Those memories will carry the day in the years ahead. Prayers sent your way.

19-Feb-19
Prayers for you and your family Thornton.

19-Feb-19
Prayers from MT. I'm glad you were able to enjoy as much time with your Dad as it sounds like you did. You are a lucky man.

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent.

19-Feb-19
Sounds like a man worth honoring. May His Holy Spirit comfort you and yours during this most difficult time.

19-Feb-19
Prayers to you and your family

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent

19-Feb-19
Praying for you and family

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent

19-Feb-19
Praying for your father sir. I just lost my Mom last month after sitting with her for 3 weeks, basically unresponsive, in Hospice care. She passed the day after I left - had to come home. Now she is home with our Lord. She was 89. Hospice said she was very resilient, hung on two weeks longer than they expected too. You're father sounds like a great man and father. God bless your family.

19-Feb-19
A heart that's been broke is a heart that's been loved. You're a fine man to honor your Dad in this way. He's taught you well and now it's your turn to do likewise for those that may look up to you. Prayers for your Dad, you, and your whole family in this toughest of moments.

19-Feb-19
Prayers for you and your family. God always has room for just one more "good one".

19-Feb-19
Lost my father one month ago at age 83 after a long illness with dementia. Spent my whole life hunting and fishing with him. The loss, though expected, was not easy.

You were blessed abundantly to have a man like your father.

I know what you are going through. Praying for him and you and your family. We are born for one reason - to reach eternal salvation with our Lord. May God bless you all.

19-Feb-19
Prayers for your family. Enjoy those good memories. God is good and takes care of us in ways we can't always understand. Sounds like He's been caring for you through your Dad.

19-Feb-19

19-Feb-19
Prayers for your father, yourself, and the rest of your family Thornton. Your father sounds like a great man, you were lucky to have each other! God bless brother!

19-Feb-19
He lived a life and it sounds like your famiy was blessed.

My father lived a similar life, and died from an aggressive benign liver tumor we later learned was likely caused by a medication for hand tremors (he never drank alcohol). He refused hospice so we brought him home for his final days. Just before he passed in his beloved recliner I held his hand and thanked him one last time for the life he gave us, told him it was ok to let go and I would take care of mom. The Lord took him peacefully, as he will take your father, Thornton

19-Feb-19
It is very tough when it reaches that point. My thoughts are with you and your dad.

19-Feb-19
Blessings. May your father have a divine exit into the next phase. Sorry, Thornton.

19-Feb-19
My thoughts r with you’s pray his name is in the book of life.

19-Feb-19
Prayers and thoughts...God's graces to you and your family.

19-Feb-19
Thoughts and prayers, Thornton...

19-Feb-19
Thornton: I don't know you or your dad personally, but just from what you wrote and the first photo you posted really seem to sum him up and show the relationship the two of you shared. I will pray for your entire family and know that He will welcome your father into the kingdom when the time is right. Thank you for sharing here with us and know that your father truly is a good one!

19-Feb-19
Praying that your dad will have a peaceful departure. Always cherish the memories of your time together.

19-Feb-19
Sorry to hear this Thornton, it is never easy. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

19-Feb-19
Prayers from SE Pennsylvania.

19-Feb-19
Thoughts and prayers for your dad and family I know when hospice was called in for my father it was both a kick in the gut and a blessing it was his time Lewis

19-Feb-19
Touching tribute to your Dad. Sending thoughts and prayers to your father and your entire family. We're a better country because of men like him.

19-Feb-19
Many prayers for peace for the family! So glad he and you KNOW where he's headed!

19-Feb-19
Thornton,

Prayers sent to you, your Father and your family.

Very nice tribute to an incredible man.

Mark

19-Feb-19
Prayers Brother!

19-Feb-19
Thanks for sharing this Jason. My Dad is 85 and I don't know how many more years he will be here. Praying for your family.

19-Feb-19
A special prayer for you & your family. You have a blessing many never experience.

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent...God's will be done. I wish him much luck and the best.

19-Feb-19
I can surely appreciate the Journey your father has been on; a good life for sure, lived by a Good Man. While the 'inevitable' is in the future for all of us, we try to leave a legacy that all can be proud of. You father did just that. Good bless. Paul

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent from WY. Just remember all the great times you had together!

19-Feb-19
Dear Thorton, Thank the Lord for your Dad who has loved and taken good care of you, living out his faith in Jesus Christ before you and your family! We know how much your heart is hurting and want you to know we understand and we care......

My wife and I will be agreeing with you in prayer that the Lord will touch your dad's body and heal him completely and give you many more good years together! On that day the Lord wants him home, and his race is run, may the Holy Spirit our great comforter, make your dad's graduation day as painless and hope-filled as possible for him and for your family---We pray the Lord will hold you close to Him and encourage your hearts, knowing that a much grander, eternal adventure awaits us all who have put our trust in the saving grace of our Lord Jesus! Your brother, Kris

19-Feb-19
My Dad died when I was twenty. I loved him very much and I was devastated. Your family is having the worst of it now, but it sounds to me like you had the best of it for a long time. Hold on to the memories that you have, because they are precious. My prayers for your Dad, your family, and friends.

19-Feb-19
Prayers and well wishes sent your way.

19-Feb-19
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent for you, your dad, and family.

19-Feb-19
He sounds like a good man. God bless.

19-Feb-19
Thornton... that’s a life, lived well. We should all be so lucky. He will now go to a better place. Be proud. But most of all be thankful.

19-Feb-19
Thornton... that’s a life, lived well. We should all be so lucky. He will now go to a better place. Be proud. But most of all be thankful.

19-Feb-19
An incredible life well spent...and a man of the Lord...prayers...

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent to your father, you and your family.

19-Feb-19
Sounds like he did it right and set an example to live by. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

19-Feb-19
Jason, My prayers are with you and your family.

19-Feb-19
Role model for sure.

Prayers

19-Feb-19
Sorry to hear. Lost my Dad a few years back. Still tough.

May God shed his grace on you and your family.

19-Feb-19
great pictures!

prayers sent

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent

19-Feb-19
Prayers sent

20-Feb-19
Thornton, Your dad sounds like an amazing man.

No doubt you will carry on that legacy!

20-Feb-19
What a blessing that you got to share life with this wonderful man. God bless you and your family.

20-Feb-19
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. It’s never easy saying goodbye, but hopefully knowing he’s going to a better place will ease the sting.

21-Feb-19
Prayers sent.

21-Feb-19
It's a tough one Thornton. Seems that the nicer they were, the harder it is to lose them. My Dad was as tough as old boots- worked the farm until just a few weeks before he died- also 87. He was my best friend and a wonderful teacher- he hunted for a living when I was young so life for me was awesome. Just before the cancer took him I put my hand on his and told him I loved him- he gave me a grin and said "It's not helpin' much!" :) JayInOz

21-Feb-19
Prayers sent in Your Fathers Behalf and for You and Your Family...4finger

21-Feb-19
sounds like a great guy and I am sure he is as proud of you as you are of him.

21-Feb-19
Prayers brother. Stay strong.

21-Feb-19
Sorry to hear this Jason, sounds like you got to spend a lot of time with him and that's great to hear. Prayers sent.

• Sitka Gear