TD 28-Feb-19
Surfbow 28-Feb-19
Jaquomo 28-Feb-19
greg simon 28-Feb-19
Vonfoust 01-Mar-19
DanaC 03-Mar-19
Trial153 03-Mar-19
20-Feb-19
Just got an email from KUIU introducing the new Peloton 118 t shirt. It looked like a nice t and since it's offered in solids as well as camo, I thought it would be great for every day wear, as well as a hunting base layer, so I clicked on the link to maybe buy a few. But then......$59!

I'm a huge KUIU fan. Ordered pretty much the whole hunting get up for a sheep hunt before it was even available and have since added countless items. The "direct to consumer with lower pricing" model that the company was built on has made it especially appealing. I have to wonder though if a $59 t shirt is a sign that they are moving towards full retail pricing while still cutting out the retailer.

Have they jumped the shark?

20-Feb-19
Looks like a *edit* premium base layer, and priced accordingly...

20-Feb-19
Perhaps....Sitka has a $130 "Scouting Shirt" so maybe this is the new normal? :-)

20-Feb-19
Surfbow, It's polyester.

20-Feb-19
I guess they priced it low. Sold out in all but size 3X at kudu.com. I don’t buy T-shirts for $59. I certainly would sell them if people were willing to buy them.

20-Feb-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
$10 for the shirt. $50 for the "cool factor" it brings to the wearer.

I'll make you a deal on this one - only $25!

20-Feb-19
Love that

20-Feb-19
My girl friend is a artist,, she just draws on my 5$ t-shirts what ever I want with a fabric marker/pen/paint what ever is called.. Ed

20-Feb-19
Sitka has ran some sales lately on their stuff. Maybe it’s time to make the switch for some sub alpine camo.

20-Feb-19
That's fricken nothing....I was just in a store at the Beaver Creek ski area in Colorado that had t-shirts for $450. There are people who spend like it's monopoly money.

20-Feb-19
Lou, I’ll take 2! And possibly some KUIU underwear if available. Used is fine, as long as it says KUIU.

20-Feb-19

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Jaq would look good in that shirt grabbing a beer from the Yeti

20-Feb-19
"If you build it, they will come."

Probably not as crazy as buying Grizzlystick arrows.

20-Feb-19
Don't care about the cool factor but the stuff performs...or keeps my performance much more comfortable and effective...

20-Feb-19
Guys can & will spend their money however they want, I got no problem with it. I will say that my collection of older Cabelas base layers are still performing nicely. They breath, stretch, dry fast, don't stink, super smooth to the skin, color fast, and don't wear out. Of course I don't know....you might go to Cabelas now and find they only stock Redhead junk these days.....

20-Feb-19
The things I really like are the jacket and pants..

20-Feb-19
Apparently no one buys this stuff for the "cool" factor, but these companies spend giant budgets establishing and promoting the "cool" factor.

Either the cool factor really matters or they are spending millions on a marketing tactic that doesn't matter.

20-Feb-19
Its dumb. But, marketing thrives on dumb people. FWIW, Ebay has a long sleeve, 100% polyester base layer shirt for $11 shipped. Think I'll buy another green one, get a red marker to do it and the other 3 I own like Lou did. That away when I run into another KUIU army in the woods of CO, I won't get shunned so bad.

Honestly, I need to be fair. I recently bought a KUIU Kenai jacket and truly do love the thing. It breathes so well but adds a lot of warmth for the weight and bulk. Something other puffy's only excel at is the warmth ratio. I'd never paid full price and got lucky and found it at a 70% savings. Wouldn't have regretted paying full price after using it though. So, it isn't all hype. Just inflated prices for specialty gear I suppose.

The peleton series interest me but, I doubt I'll buy any of that. Much cheaper alternatives that do the same thing. Maybe I can buy them and use my marker. :^)

20-Feb-19
But I never where it around town and never see anyone in the woods really...and not sure I'm trying to show them I'm cool ahahaha I get it they do play that card for sure it is the oldest name in the book and americans LOOOOOVE identifying with a product and their image this is my team this is my image really the only place this happens is in America,,,you go to the street of almost anyplace in the world and everyone is not branded in your face on this is my team and image...I like this truck Americans are suckers for it,,,but will come full circle and say I really like the stuff....have a few pieces.. I started long ago and being wet cold and suffering was a given the advance in clothes makes it way more enjoyable

20-Feb-19
NEVER BUY ANYTHING JUST TO IMPRESS PEOPLE YOU JUST DONT CARE FOR

20-Feb-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Lung$hot, I'll throw in this pair of self-cleaning underwear at no extra charge. They're real panty-droppers for our hippie chick guides in Laramie.

20-Feb-19
My dad taught me to never count another man's money - whether it's earning or spending.

But what do I know? I'm just a millennial!

20-Feb-19
Trust me I get a good deal and a wise man once said "Buy the best and you'll only cry once...

20-Feb-19
"(that and their patterns suck)" If you don't like the pattern, wait till next years game changing pattern. You know, the one that makes all previous patterns obsolete, better pre-order now.

20-Feb-19
I purchased some KUIU l/s merino tee shirts that they had on sale prior to Christmas that were a little pricey, but they proved to be worth the money. The CSR for KUIU told me at the DSC Convention that KUIU was having better sales with the button-up neck style shirt as opposed to the conventional style tee shirt.

I noticed in the add this morning that the new peloton 115 tee shirts appeared to have the traditional neck style.

20-Feb-19
Jaq....you wrote that on the wrong side....next time you wear those your wang is going to be black. And STILL the same size.

20-Feb-19
Jaq's a KUIU CHAMPION!

20-Feb-19
I have never bought Kuiu, is it made here or does it say made in Vietnam on the tag?

20-Feb-19
Franklin, I'm a Fruit Of The Loom Pro Staffer so I had to turn them inside out to hide the FOTL logo. Gotta keep my sponsors happy!

20-Feb-19
It has gotten pretty ridiculous but if people will buy 100$ preference points they mite get 100$ out of those shirts. They charge it because they know people will buy it. Its as simple as that. If no one bought a 1200$ elk tag in Wyoming for a couple years the price would probly come down. Maybe the residents would pony up the change to make the difference. Supply and demand

20-Feb-19
Are those the latest performance boxer briefs with the racing stripe on the other side.?

20-Feb-19
"hide the FOTL logo"....foul..offal... turd lines...thank you for that.... that would something one could not unsee and might have to ice pick your eyes out...

20-Feb-19
I saw the new Peleton shirt at the Hunt Expo last weekend. It is more than just polyester, and another quality product from Kuiu. Having said that, I didn't buy any, at least yet. I know I have a closet full of Kings camo, Cabelas camo, and other assorted "standard" clothing, and I never wear most of it any more since switching to Merino and Kuiu outer garments. If I could sell all the junk regular clothing I have for half the price I paid, I could afford several more Kuiu shirts and pants, and would be much happier. Buying quality pays off over time... Bill

20-Feb-19
Oh Glunt- that Yeti is hilarious...

but now you are playing with a whole lot of butt hurt......

20-Feb-19
I don't mind paying for the synthetic or wool items from kuiu, but I cannot see paying anything for a cotton t-shirt or ball cap with their logo on it. If they are interested in people marketing their products, give them away (or better yet, pay us to advertise)!

20-Feb-19
I'm sensing alot of whitey tighty cutting edge fashion enthusiasts.....

20-Feb-19
I get all the t-shirts I need at the local thrift store for fifty cents each. I don't want any Scottish ancestors spinning in their graves on my account!

20-Feb-19
The Kuiu website says the Peloton shirt is "100% polyester". So is my "Kuiu" t-shirt purchased at Wal Mart. The only difference seems to be that it is treated with some hokey scent control something or other. I sprayed mine with Scent Shield.

I get paying a premium price for something outstanding and proprietary. I have some King of the Mountain hunting clothes that cost a bunch and are worth it. But $59 for a polyester t-shirt is not worth it, IMO. Fanboys may differ.

Whatever you want to spend your money on is fine with me. I just spent the fifty bucks I saved on a pair of HECs socks. Because, you know, they're worth it.

20-Feb-19
Must be the early off-season, where we gripe about how much gear costs, then in 6 months we'll be whining about how "Everything is out of stock and and I missed the sale and now I can't get my shirt and my whole fall is RUINED..." :)

21-Feb-19
Surfbow, so right..

Or bitching about how Cabelas is out of everything we need : -)

21-Feb-19
To each their own...

That being said, $60 for a polyester t shirt? Sigh.....I'm in the wrong line of work. I do own a fair amount of Sitka, First Lite, Nomad, and even a little Kuiu gear....most of it outerwear, and it is all very well made, nice stuff. Sometimes you have to pony up for clothing....especially for really cold weather. I don't hunt elk, sheep or Grizzlies, pretty much just whitetail deer...so I can't comment on some of the more technical gear they offer. I'll almost always go with quality "no name" or "nearly no name" stuff for base layers.... I'm not embarrassed by it.....most fanboys don't get to see that stuff...they think I'm totally on board by looking at the outer wear.

21-Feb-19
I truly wouldn’t call anyone here a fanboy. I call them dedicated hunters. However, when you run into three guys head to toe KUIU gear, that can’t blow an elk call better then my 7 year old nephew, that’s a fanboy. :^)

21-Feb-19
The crouch on them drawers are pretty stretched out.....makes a guy wonder which came first?

21-Feb-19
I love these threads. :-)

21-Feb-19
I like to be a real maverick and mix Kuiu and Sitka. Really throws people off to see some Kuiu pants, and a Sitka jacket on top.

I prefer Icebreaker merino wool tech T shirts. They are the only thing I wear anymore. I think they cost more than that Kuiu synthetic. . . . I don't really care. I like 'em

21-Feb-19
It's all marketing, pretty ridiculous , what a lot of these guys are marking up their product. You cant convince me its worth it. They sponsor certain Bow hunters, they push the product, and lets raise the price! because we need to look cool in the field too!

21-Feb-19
I just spent $30 on a crankbait, so who am I to say your $59 T-shirt was a rip-off;)

If you earned it, spend it how you like and the hell with what anybody else thinks, I say..

21-Feb-19

Stekewood's embedded Photo
Stekewood's embedded Photo

21-Feb-19
I can't see spending $59 just for my wife to be pissed that I tore the sleeves off another perfectly good shirt

21-Feb-19
For some $59 is a lot for a suit. For others it is ashtray change.

21-Feb-19
After spending 10 days hunting last September in above average temps I purchased a few Eddie Bauer tshirts. Its the Resolution and its polyester with Polygiene® odor control. Regular price is $30 and usually can find a discount code. Lots of colors to pick from.

Not sure what a clothing Sharpie cost for your Kuiu label.

21-Feb-19

TD's Link
Alot of Asian 12 year olds gonna be real disappointed in you folks......

Just a bit of gas for the fire at the link..... a person has to be ever vigilant and do their research..... caveat emptor..... or maybe it was carpe diem, I forget.....

That said..... I have a fair amount of KUIU gear...... most of it great stuff, attack pants are the bomb. I like First Lite merino a bit better, hands down when they had it in ASAT.... but it's even MORE expensive. Or was. I like their direct marketing gig now, prices have coe down some. It's not for everyone. But then nothing really is....

WRT Gore-Tex..... Sitka..... the most expensive of the breed (which has it's origins in what became KUIU).... IS Gore-Tex..... literally....

21-Feb-19
I would buy 2 fishing lures for $60 before I bought one polyester t-shirt for $60. If I were to blow $60.

21-Feb-19
Had I had one of these last September I'm sure I would have gotten 20 yards closer to that bull without being detected. Dang! Who knew?!

22-Feb-19
$60 is dirt cheap for a Kuiu shirt from what I’ve found. I was looking at one the other day that was $100! It’s absolutely crazy.

22-Feb-19
wear silk

22-Feb-19
"Bow hunted elk on the Divide in Idaho in 2017 with a guy who swore that crap was the sh!t. Weather turned to winter in one day. Stayed like that till May 2018."

That's a long elk hunt! I'm going to start putting in for Idaho tags if that's how much time I get to hunt...

22-Feb-19
TD - I hope they bury me in my attack pants. I have to imagine they are the equivalent to yoga pants for girls. I've never put on a more comfortable pant. I won't buy them at full price, but when they have a good 30% off sale I'm all in.

22-Feb-19
LOL Yooper! You stole my line! I always say attack pants are like yoga pants for men! I literally wear a pair almost every single day.

22-Feb-19
They're incredible. I bought my first pair after a baker's dozen of beers. What a game changer.

22-Feb-19
Why not just wear yoga pants?

22-Feb-19
As long as there continues to be people with more money than common sense, these companies will prosper. As long as there continues to be people with more common sense than money, those people will mock the fore-mentioned.

22-Feb-19
As long as there continues to be people with more money than common sense, these companies will prosper. As long as there continues to be people with more common sense than money, those people will mock the fore-mentioned.

22-Feb-19
"Why not just wear yoga pants? "

I don't like how my ass looks in them.

22-Feb-19
If I never bought stuff just because I wanted it, I would have a lot more room in my garage.

22-Feb-19
Ok yooper, you sold me. I need some new September hunting pants that highlight my fine, tight, toned ass, now that my Cabelas field testing gig has gone away. I normally wear 36x34. What size would I look for in the Attack pants?

Asking because I've heard mixed opinions on Kuiu sizing and I hate to buy clothes mail order for that reason.

22-Feb-19
You should order your normal pant size, Jaq.

I got Attack pants last year. They are the best hunting pant I’ve ever worn.

22-Feb-19
Lou, don't you already have enough trouble with cow moose? You put on those pretty boy pants and it'll go to a whole 'nother level!

22-Feb-19
$59 is more than Robert Kraft paid for his asian services lol.

That being said, the attack pant is the best pant out there and the Kuiu cotton t-shirts for which I've paid $20-30 are bar none the most comfortable piece of clothing I've ever had on my upper body. If I could wear a Kuiu t-shirt and my attack pants every day you wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face.

22-Feb-19
I think a $60 T shirt is ridiculous regardless what they make it out of.

That being said I do have some solid olive green attack pants and a solid brown guide jacket I purchased when they were still made on this side of the pond. The pants really are great as far as fit and comfort but I wasn't all that impressed with their DWR that is supposedly the best. Cat claw will shred them in no time. Not sure if my wife ruined them with Tide or what but IME Microtex beads water better and dries faster and is more durable, by far. The guide jacket is also a great article of clothing. I really like the collar and hood combo along with the pocket placement and pit zips. These were bought in the the outlet for a discount so the sting was not too bad. Have thought about buying some of their rain gear but honestly his marketing stunt of telling everyone it was made in North America, then shipping people clothes made in China without warning or a good explanation really put a damper on my desire to buy their stuff. Have not tried their wool, but the zip off base layer pants is probably the only other item I might purchase if I could find them on sale or in the outlet but my size is never available.

My favorite (tongue in cheek) are the guys that buy the full line of KUIU then ride around on their quad or drive their truck all day drinking beer. Lots of those clowns in AZ! They would have been better off saving money on their duds and spending it on their suds!

22-Feb-19
I have seen an entire group of people all wearing brand new matching Sitka outfits. Something that would have been good for late archery season to my way of thinking. It was third rifle season at 12,000 ft with 18 inches of snow and -4 opening morning. They literally had more guides than hunters. There was also a couple looked to be in their 80's with canes....I could just imagine those two walking around 8 miles back where they were headed. They took off in a caravan of trucks with chains on tires and about 8 people on horses up the divide road up in GMU 76 in Colorado. They all came out about 3 days later with a barely legal bull. I have snowshoes now because of that hunt...

22-Feb-19
I remember when this thread would have been about Under Armour instead of Sitka or KUIU. Same comments, different company.

22-Feb-19
Speaking of Attack Pants. . . . I wore mine for 18 straight days in Russia last year. (lost luggage). Wore them on the plane over, hunted, then all the way back. They didn't hardly even smell after 18 days . . . . love those pants

22-Feb-19
Get the option of a knee pad...they are light enough they don't feel like anything...but enough to take a knee and helps alot...

22-Feb-19
everyone in Russia wears their clothes for 18 days straight....I'm sure they didn't even notice.

22-Feb-19
Lou.... just don't drop a cigar in your lap or get too close to a popping fire...... =D

22-Feb-19
TD, I watched a rich kid light a fart one time on the high school ski bus... Let's just say those expensive nylon ski racing pants back in 1970 weren't flameproof. Us poor kids in Levis had nothing to worry about, however...

22-Feb-19
I’m still wearing my Core4 stuff. Element pants, vest, hoody and jacket. Have the Core4 merino base layers as well. Ass wore out on the bottoms. Like the base layers, little coarse though. Any recommendations for replacement? Was thinking First Lite 150 Aero series.

22-Feb-19
Jaquomo, I think I'll leave that for you to ask. It be to dangerous for me.

23-Feb-19
I think many of us have no clue how inexpensive a $60 tee shirt is to a lot of hunters.

23-Feb-19
Something is expensive or inexpensive regardless of whether the buyer is rich or poor.

"Affordable" is the adjective that changes based on the weight of the buyer's wallet.

23-Feb-19
Jaq, I may need to borrow your pen...My use of a Sharpie is to darken out the KUIU in the garment. I love the Attack pants for everyday wear, but don't like looking like a walking bill board while doing so

23-Feb-19
Lou, you just had me spit my Saturday morning coffee all over... Funny stuff, man!

FYI, everyone knows that if you want to harvest trophy animals the KUIU factor plays a huge role! :>)

23-Feb-19
So, a couple weeks ago I watched a guy pay $280,000 for a sheep tag. Do you think that guy cares whether a tee shirt is $59 or $9 if it is what he wants? Buy what you like, buy what you can afford, don’t judge another man for what he spends HIS money on. These threads always crack me up...Good entertainment value I guess...

23-Feb-19
How much would you spend for a bottle of rare scotch or bourbon?....which of course is money pissed away. Eh?

23-Feb-19
I drink Ancient Age.

23-Feb-19

200incher's Link
Everything cheap, even have Sitka from time to time. Haven't seen KUIU yet.

23-Feb-19
Kota, from my perspective it's not about someone "affording" a $60 polyester tshirt (I could afford to buy two!). Its more about questioning what amazing properties does it have that makes it worth $60, besides the name. That's why some are chain-yanking. I'm still waiting for someone to explain that.

My KOM Bunwarmer pants cost about $600 and are worth every penny for the performance they deliver. (When I checked out at Cabelas that day the cashier actually thought there was a pricing error..) Same deal with a $273K sheep tag. But the sheep tag money goes to a good cause, while this tshirt probably has a manufacturing cost of $3 in a Chinese sweatshop.

Then again, bowhunting has become a fashion show for many folks, so if somebody wants to pay $60 for a $9 tshirt, fire away! One of my buddies watched a Sitka Catalogue couple applying fresh face paint in their truck mirrors before walking in to a Walden CO restaurant for lunch.

23-Feb-19
Where are the Bunwarmer pants made and what is the manufacturing cost? Do the Bunwarmer pants also warm the wiener?

23-Feb-19
I don’t think you can get the Bunwarmers anymore. KOM stopped mfrg., I heard.

I’ve got a Muleskinner KOM vest, Jaq. I’m not sure it was worth $350; pretty heavy compared to a puffy.

Plus, I can’t read the sharpie label drawn on it as well, being it’s wool!

23-Feb-19
Peco, King of the Mountain are 100% made in USA. Not sure of the manufacturing cost but they are super heavyweight wool with a proprietary double weave that King Cavalier originally developed. Double layer on the seat and knees. Nothing else quite like them so its not like you can buy something comparable at Wally World.

The weiner warmer is optional...

25-Feb-19
Jaq...Same reason someone would buy a Rolex instead of a Timex. Same reason someone thinks "Bunwarmers" are grossly overpriced. From a business prospective they ask for $60 because they can. Simple economics...Maybe KUIU should charge more, because they WILL sell out at $60. Doesn't that make them under priced in the world of business/economics? We can say this about a lot of consumer goods. Clothing is an easy target because the mark ups are insane. In they end...who cares what someone spends THEIR money on. Someone will b1tch about a $60 tee shirt but spend $60 a week on smokes! I know an "old boy" in town that complains every time gas goes up a dime, but drops several thousand a year at the casino. The list goes on...My post wasn't really about "affording" it either. More about "why do we care?"...By the way, you gotta get the "weiner warmer" option on those Bunwarmers...it is fantastic. :) And to answer your question, there's nothing "great/special/amazing" about that poly shirt. But one thing is certain... KUIU will sell a TON of them...

25-Feb-19
A t-shirt is not one of them, but some of the high end clothing really is worth the money, especially when you need it most. I admit that I only buy very good sales or “with tags on” used, and even then it’s not cheap. But cheap is not always the best deal either.

Only the buyer can set the limits.

25-Feb-19
FYI....a ton of those shirts would cost $480k....which is slightly less than 2 sheep tags in case anyone is counting :-)

On a side note, sounds like Robert Kraft knows where you can get the wiener warmer option for around the same price as the Kuiu T.

25-Feb-19
Can I use the wiener warmer in a pair of Wranglers or do I need the $600 pants? Asking for a friend.

25-Feb-19
Kota - I care about your gear expenditures. They perform a critical role in my household... Benchmark.

If my wife is expressing concern that I've replaced a pair of boots or scored a deal from the classifieds or camofire, I point out that I'm not hanging out in bars, gambling, chasing skirt... or able to do quality outdoor gear comparisons and reviews like Kota.

I wield the "Kota shield" to deflect any gear negativity from my wife. I am grateful that you break trail for others... and will never share your address with my wife.

25-Feb-19
Thanks Orion, but I wield the "Kota Shield" around home plenty myself. She's to the point now that she just shakes her head...

25-Feb-19
Kota, I totally get it. I was in big business and understand the willingness to pay threshold. I just like to yank some people's chains who take things a bit too seriously. Especially when it comes to outdoor fashion.

A company can create a perception by offering a premium product at a super-premium price. The Yeti boys figured that out and it worked. I have a $500 custom knife that doesn't necessarily gut a deer any faster or better than a $50 knife. But boy does it feel and look good in the hand.

In the business I retired from I sold expensive stuff (up to $100M...) Even big league corporate executives are not immune to paying $25M for something that does virtually exactly the same thing, with a few minor differences, as something my competitor was selling for $22M. We created the perception of value worth the extra $$. Even in big tech there was sometimes a "cool factor" associated with deploying the latest-greatest video streaming server or compression/transcoding engines.

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." John Ruskin

26-Feb-19
This turned into quite an entertaining thread. My intention wasn't to bitch about the price tag or to criticize people for how they spend their money. Those of us who were following along when KUIU was first started will remember Jason saying this way back in the beginning,

"Why not take the middleman out of the process and move everything one step closer to the customer? By selling direct online we could make the best products, keep the prices down and manage, to our standards, every aspect of the customer experience. "

That was a huge selling point that generated a lot of buzz in the hunting world and undoubtedly played a big part in KUIU's explosive growth.

A $59 polyester tee shirt doesn't seem to fit the "keeping the prices down" part. It was just an observation, and it made me wonder if maybe now that they are such a powerhouse in the hunting apparel world, they are moving away from "keeping the price down".

26-Feb-19
Great post, Stekewood….I was wondering the same thing.

26-Feb-19
"A $59 polyester tee shirt doesn't seem to fit the "keeping the prices down" part."

I don't know Steke, I see people selling (and buying!) plain cotton t-shirts for far more than that, so maybe $60 for the Kuiu shirt shirt DOES still fit the pricing model? I'm sure far more thought and effort goes into creating that synthetic material than if it were just cotton.

26-Feb-19
"My intention wasn't to bitch about the price tag or to criticize people for how they spend their money."

Don't sweat the complainers, snipers and panty bunchers...they got nothing to do but try to make themselves look smart and super. The normal people are interested in your post. Like any forum, you have to weed through the know-it-alls and know-nothings and try to focus on the guys that are trying to help or discuss intelligently. Those abnormal guys are petty. They want everybody in the world to march to their drum or face mockery. To your post: I think the specialty stuff like kuiu, sitka, et cetera stuff is good-great out of the box but wears out too quickly for the price. I and a few friends are trending back towards stuff like silk, fleece, polyblends and layering a bit more aggressively with waterproof only when needed. There is some great waterproof stuff that packs easily and is not bulky...it only takes up a tiny bit of space in my backpack. It might not be an issue for others but I like a bit more "breathing" than what the tight weave gear offers anyway...then seal up when the weather hits.

26-Feb-19
Gets me that many of those outside of hunting, that purchase these synthetics, are likely many of the same that’ll tell you how evil petroleum production is.

KUIU is going a different direction and have been for a bit. The more mainstream, the higher the prices are going to get.

26-Feb-19
One $9 shirt and 2 cases of beer here. Although I have become a beer snob lately so maybe just one case and you guys can all tell me how Busch Light is just as good.

26-Feb-19
"I'm sure far more thought and effort goes into creating that synthetic material than if it were just cotton."

Kuiu didn't invent poly.

26-Feb-19
I think that the more dependent you are on your gear, the more it's worth the money to have the "effectiveness". If you always hunt within a couple miles or hours from your truck or main camp, then you can tough out a sudden rain or temperature drop. But if you are pack packing miles into remote country with very uncertain weather, then fail proof and lightweight gear becomes very important. There's a big difference between a couple hours of mild misery and real suffering or a possible total hunt abortment.

Can you hunt in "walmart" clothes? Absolutely. Can you be successful in them? You bet.

But to say that they are of the some quality and effectiveness or "just as good as" is just plain silly. But until you've trial'ed your treestand jeans and T on a northern mountain or high western hunt, then you really don't know. I hunt spring bears in running shoes and cotton, but I can also just change when they get wet or grab a jacket from the truck. And I don't like having to wash my quality hunting clothes more than necessary.

To each their own and your own circumstances will dictate your choices, but for those that can quantify the difference through experience know how much it's worth.

But I still wouldn't buy a sixty dollar T-shirt.

26-Feb-19
And also some guys that like to portray that they are somehow "smarter than that" by not buying the higher end gear, usually don't 'cause their wife's said they can't. Pussy's

Cheap, zipperless sweatpants are fine when you squat to tinkle anyway. (just fun'n)

26-Feb-19
To add on to ambush's post...I chuckle at the guys that say they saw Kuiu or Sitka guys freezing to death, or miserable, etc. That's not the fault of the gear, that's the fault of the guys using it not knowing how to use it properly. I've worn Kuiu gear in everything from -20 to +90 and been very comfortable. You need to know how to use any clothing system or you will be miserable. That includes zipperless sweatpants! ;-)

26-Feb-19
"Kuiu didn't invent poly."

Whaaaaat? You're kidding!

26-Feb-19
Toyota didn’t invent steel either, but they are able to build a far superior product with it.

Same for aluminum, fibreglass and Mathews.

26-Feb-19
Mathews is not a far superior product.

26-Feb-19
All I know is $60.00 is definitely worth it for a wiener warmer weather it says KUIU or not!

26-Feb-19
Hanapaa! Hook up!

And didn't have to buy a $35 lure...... =D

26-Feb-19
PECO, hopefully that’s the only time you’re wrong today.

26-Feb-19
LOL. The only thing Mathews is far superior at is marketing.

26-Feb-19
Catch 'em if you can PECO.

I bet you are a three under shooter. :^)

26-Feb-19
I switched to 3 under with my trad bows a year ago and have not looked back. I shoot a 2008 Daimond Black Ice compound, "Refuse to Follow."

All of that being said, there is NO bow company that is "far superior" to the others. Plenty of great bows available to choose from.

26-Feb-19
But we're at least good with the Toyota part right?

26-Feb-19
I bet you wear the pink panty's mandatory when shooting three under too. That's conformed by choosing the Black Diamond as well. :^)

26-Feb-19
Toyota is good to go. I'm not sure what shooting 3 under has to do with color of panties worn, maybe that is a West Virginia thing. My Diamond kills as dead as any top of the line bow on the market today.

27-Feb-19
+3 on Toyota, they are the Wal-mart camo of the truck world. Cheap, no frills, and they get the job done.

27-Feb-19
Get your poly/cotton blend Sitka T-shirt on Camofire today for $19.50

27-Feb-19

greg simon's embedded Photo
greg simon's embedded Photo

28-Feb-19
Where is there a cheap Toyota truck???

28-Feb-19
Adam, I just bought a 2019 Tundra for 20% less than a comparable GMC/Chevy model. That's cheap in my book!

28-Feb-19
Brot,

By comparable model, you mean you found a Toyota with the same 15 year old transmission problems, shitty ball joints, transfer case issues.... ;)

Let the sparks fly baby.....

28-Feb-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
I know where there's a great, low mileage Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition for sale real cheap in a salvage yard in Arizona...

28-Feb-19
Shots fired! Ha!

28-Feb-19
Ouch......

28-Feb-19
My 11 year old Toyota hasn’t had any of those problems, or any other issue for that matter. I guess I’ll be in trouble in four more years when I get to that magic 15 year old point. ;-)

28-Feb-19
Probably still worth as much as a comparable GMC on the road.

28-Feb-19
"outdoor fashion"...............................................is there really such a thing????

28-Feb-19
None of those pedestrian poly tees for me...... I'm rollin' with the low cleavage merino 1/4 zip for the red carpet.... (bloodtrails I mean.....)

28-Feb-19
I don't know Lou, I think that would've buffed out...

28-Feb-19
Rut Nut, to paraphrase, when bowhunting elk, "Its better to look good than to hunt good".

28-Feb-19
Well if you are not going to kill anything anyway, you might as well look good!

01-Mar-19
Put me in the "Doesn't look good or hunt good" category

03-Mar-19
You can buy a decent 'running' base layer on sale at a fraction of the price in the OP. It won't be camo but so what? How often do you hunt in nothing but a base shirt? A cheap camo cotton tee over your base if it's warm enough, otherwise, polyester is polyester.

03-Mar-19
I have no problem with a 60 shirt but plenty ofproblem with Kuiu, so much so that I wouldn’t purchase another product from them..ever. In fact I dumped everything I hadn from them in early spring of 2016 and haven’t made a purchase since.

• Sitka Gear