wild1 21-Feb-19
Feedjake 21-Feb-19
shiloh 21-Feb-19
tobywon 21-Feb-19
StickFlicker 21-Feb-19
APauls 21-Feb-19
shiloh 21-Feb-19
21-Feb-19
Guys, I have always used the old school photo albums where you insert the pics in the slot and lately I have been using a photo editor to put the hunt info on the picture. I have gotten behind and with 3 kids who are all starting to hunt I need an easier way. Have any of you used any online companies where you send your pictures in digital format and they print them and/or even put them in a book for you and leave you some space to write hunt information? Give me some ideas. This is very important to me and I need to get on top of it and keep up. I am just going to keep one general album for family hunting in lieu of one album for each family member.

21-Feb-19
I have done several photo books using Shutterfly.com. I like the way they come out. You can add as many pages and pictures/text as you want.

21-Feb-19
I’ve heard that name more than once. I’ll have to check it out! Thanks for the info

21-Feb-19
+1 Rob, we do the same with all of our pics. The books turn out great and are fun memories to flip through! We really enjoy them.

21-Feb-19
Shutterfly x 3

21-Feb-19
MPix

21-Feb-19
My wife makes 1-2 books on Shutterfly every year. Family vacations, etc. I've been planning on doing an annual hunting/fishing/trapping one but haven't started yet.

21-Feb-19
Looks like shutterfly is mighty popular!!

21-Feb-19
I've used Shutterfly and CVS with great results.

21-Feb-19

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
I've used a few different brands of the online books, such as Shutterfly, and I recommend that process. Keep in mind, however, once you finish it and it's printed, it's done. You can't add pages later as you likely have been used to on the books you have been making. You'll need to update the book online and pay to print it again each time, if you want to update it. They work great to make a book about a particular event (wedding) or trip (Africa 2019) that has concluded, but not as well for things such as a hunting trophy album, because hopefully you'll constantly be taking more animals you wish were in the book.

No matter what you do, I would strongly suggest you get a good scanner and scan all your old photos to a computer as soon as possible, before the colors change any further. You'd be amazed how much your photos have been turning yellow or pink as they age. Black and white photos age better. Getting them on your computer will stop them from getting worse. MAKE SURE YOU BACK-UP YOUR DIGITAL PHOTOS TO AN EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE OR THUMB DRIVE REGULARLY. A computer crash or theft could wipe-out a lifetime of photos in minutes. Photoshop will restore their original color with just a click, but it's not an inexpensive program.

There are constantly 50%-70% off sales for all the major companies that offer this service, so Google for promotions before you begin rather than paying full price. Good luck and have fun with it.

21-Feb-19
Only thing I'll add is to use a solid state drive for your backups.

21-Feb-19
Good info guys....I appreciate it!!

• Sitka Gear