jax2009r 10-Mar-19
Will 14-Mar-19
Hizzoner 14-Mar-19
mat1739 14-Mar-19
Hawkeye 14-Mar-19
JRECON 17-Mar-19
Charlie Rehor 17-Mar-19
09-Mar-19
I am looking to get a Sitka coat for Pennsylvania whitetail stand BOWhunting. I am sensitive to the cold and usually layer heavily. I usually wear lots of wool and even some down over the last year. It is all but impossible to find the Sitka clothing anywhere to try on different sizes and products, but at the Harrisburg show last month the manufacturer had a booth but only a large Fanatic to try on. No extra large, and No Incinerator models at all So, here are the questions: Thoughts on Fanatic vs Incinerator for my use and weather. I try to limit the bulk on my arms by using vests and layering my core heavily so that I can draw more easily Sizing: when I tried the large Fanatic on over my clothing that consisted of an undershirt and a medium weight cotton flannel shirt it was a comfortable fit but bordering on snug if I were to start putting any layering under it. IF I stepped up to the XL does this give me a much longer sleeve and sloppy body fit?

Thanks

09-Mar-19
Xl fanatic

09-Mar-19
Wondering about same here for Northern MI Late Season hunts. My biggest problem is noise! Most of the material out there is NOISY on a QUITE morning hunt either from a windstopper material, or the outter shell material. We had several very quite mornings this past season, and a deer within bow range is going to hear me draw if I can hear the material when I move my bow arm or go to draw. I have narrowed it down to the Fanatic or even the Celsius jacket with proper merino wool insulation (I have first lite base layers) underneath but without being able to go somewhere and try on different materials, I'm left to ask and trust opinions on here and other discussion forums.

09-Mar-19
I prefer the Fanatic also. The new Fanatic for 2019 has been tested to be quieter (see YouTube videos from ata show) than the current model but I find it quiet enough as is. Either wait until June for new gear or buy last years model at a steep discount. Size exchanges are easy peasy with Sitka.

09-Mar-19
Believe it or not, the Incinerator is less bulky than the Fanatic, although not as quiet.

If you’re sensitive to the cold like you said I’d go with the Incinerator. I do love the Fanatic but I think you’d use the Incinerator more often.

09-Mar-19
Thanks guys, and I look forward to additional thoughts. As long as we are at this, does anyone have a strong feeling about the pants or bib options. I hadn't thought much about that. Part of this is that I have a bunch of store credit at Cabela and not sure that I can get the left handed jacket there that I would want..but pants are universal .

09-Mar-19
I would look at the Fanatic or Fanatic lite bibs over the Incinerator. I think the Incinerator bibs are way too warm to use if you’re doing even a little walking. Yea you could carry them in and put them on when you get to your stand but it’s a pain in the butt. Carrying in just the jacket is way easier for me.

09-Mar-19
I've hunted some really cold days in PA in my fanatic. I can't imagine needing the incinerator. If you get cold easily the bibs are what you want. They will keep your core warm similar to a vest. I used to wear tons of layers. Since I got the fanatic coat and bibs I wear that with a pair of wool long underwear and a hoody. Keeps me warm. Good luck.

10-Mar-19
I am with Bou'bound, XL Fanatic and I would go with the bibs.

10-Mar-19
I recently bought a Fanatic vest. Really like the hand and gear pouches. It is super quiet with the outer polar fleece material. I looked at the Incinerator and other vests and they appeared to have noisier outer material....especially if hiking through thick brush.

10-Mar-19
I love my XL Fanatic. Extremely warm.

10-Mar-19
The new fanatic gear runs small for sitka ...I am.usually a sitka xxl but In fanatic I am xxxl....I'm 6'3 and the bibs in xxl where high waters ...fits like kuiu gear

14-Mar-19
Take a look at PNUMA. A Fantastic jacket

14-Mar-19
FWIW late season whitetail treestand when its cold and windy...here's what I learned:

Firstlite Sanctuary coat..quiet and incredibly warm...tailored arms so good for bow and other features like harness pass through. Well thought out hood which allows side views. Too warm to wear if you walk great distances or are stalking.

14-Mar-19
I hunted SW PA, Western MD, and SE Ohio this year. First year using a Sitka System. I went ahead and purchased the Sitka Fanatic, but returned it right away because i thought it was to warm (for my liking) - So i got the Fanatic Lite instead.. Never had any issues. I always wear a base layer, then blue jeans (if its really cold i'll put sweat pants on as well - i don't mind the layers) then the Sitka Gear. I was comfortable all year through October and November bow season. I'll probably purchase the Fanatic System this year for those really cold mornings.

My toes were the coldest part on me at times. Good luck.

14-Mar-19
The new Fanatic has left and right options I believe.

17-Mar-19
scndwfstlhntg

You will be well served to up size by one size from your normal clothing for the insulated garments in the Sitka line. I typically wear XL but wear 2XL in Sitka's insulated gear. If you are hunting in cold conditions with wind but limited rain / snow mix and are most concerned with noise I would suggest the Fanatic Jacket and Fanatic Bib. If you are spending more time in the stand with rain snow mixes I would lean toward the Incinerator jacket and Bib. The Incinerator Jacket has a built in hood that significantly increases your heat retention but requires removal prior to shooting. Pay attention to what you are wearing in on your walk to the stand. Despite the hassle I strongly suggest packing everything but your base layer and dressing at the base of the stand. There are time where I am literally wearing underwear and a light baselayer top and my boots with all else strapped to my pack. Your base layers, head gear, and insulated footwear all make a significant difference in how warm you will remain on stand. Sitka offers great base layer options. Start with synthetic or wool Core Boxers, a Core Lightweight Shirt and Bottoms, then use the Core Heavyweight Zip T and Core Heavyweight Bottoms or even a Midi jacket underneath the Fanatic or Incinerator. On your head consider using a Sitka Heavyweight Balaclava with a Sitka or Stratus Beanie over it and a Fanatic or Incinerator GTX hat over that. Sitka Stratus or Incinerator Gloves will also help extend your time on stand. A good pack boot with a boot blanket over the top or some of Wiggy's Mukluks over a good leather boot will be best for your feet and help limit heat loss. Hope this helps you out.

17-Mar-19
My sizing on the Fanatic Gear is right on with other Sitka Gear.

The new Fanatic Jacket will come with left and right hand versions for zipper control and also a smooth material on your (left or right) bow arm for string clearance. The new material is quieter than the current version and the Bibs come with a burr resistant material. Bibs have complete side zippers so I’ll open them completely while walking to stand then zip up at stand.

• Sitka Gear